Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:52:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate our legalese...  (Read 909 times)
Anonymous

June 27, 2011, 12:22:52 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2011, 03:19:34 AM by Atlas

Have we completely eliminated any reign State-IP may of held over people's actual property in result of the creation and viewing of our podcast?

All content* generated and owned by BitTalk.TV is licensed under the following terms:

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT PUBLIC LICENSE

Copyright (C) 2011 BitTalk Radio <bittalkradio@gmail.com>

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long as the name is changed.

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT PUBLIC LICENSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION:

0. You just DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE CONTENT.

*Content shall be defined as anything non-scare.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 12:25:54 AM

There's nothing wrong with a license, which is essentially a contract. You simply can't enforce your contract on third parties unless they agree to the terms. If I sell you software but the contract says that you agree not to give it to third parties and you must sacrifice a chicken each full moon, that's compatible with Libertarianism. However, if you violate our contract and give the software to a third party, I can't enforce the terms of that contract on him or her.
Tawsix

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 01:22:24 AM

Have we completely eliminated any reign State-IP may of held over people's actual property in result of the creation and viewing of our podcast?

You shouldn't have any problems as long as you don't press charges on anyone, even if your license said that if your shit gets copied the perpetrator's first born son belongs to you...

There's nothing wrong with a license, which is essentially a contract. You simply can't enforce your contract on third parties unless they agree to the terms. If I sell you software but the contract says that you agree not to give it to third parties and you must sacrifice a chicken each full moon, that's compatible with Libertarianism. However, if you violate our contract and give the software to a third party, I can't enforce the terms of that contract on him or her.

That's like saying if I open a bank and take all the deposited money and hand it off to my buddy, my buddy get's to keep that money because, Sorry Folks!, your contract was with me, not my buddy!

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:05:18 AM

That's like saying if I open a bank and take all the deposited money and hand it off to my buddy, my buddy get's to keep that money because, Sorry Folks!, your contract was with me, not my buddy!

Money is property. Information is not.
Tawsix

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 03:11:19 AM

Money is property. Information is not.

Aiding and abetting is illegal.  I don't know if you would have it be so in your utopia.  If I help you break a contract, am I not guilty of a crime?

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:19:17 AM

If I help you break a contract, am I not guilty of a crime?

That's a good question. Let me think about it and get back to you. My first instinct says no, however.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: