Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:12:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a central registry for names of Altcoins?  (Read 148 times)
francol (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:25:22 PM

This may sound like a silly question in a decentralised cryptouniverse, but is there a central registry for names of coins?

It seems to me that this would make sense. I know that a few ICO had to rename their coins after the event as there were conflicts.

I guess it is first come first served?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:47:50 PM

Dont know about central registry maybe the closest thing we have to that is coinmarketcap? I do know and have seen coins have the same ticker but one of those was a real coin and one was a scam that had been done for

years. I would bet though that if both are trading actively they cannot have the same ticker that would be absurd in my mind. Would be curious to know though if there is a real registry though.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: