Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 cracked...time to buy?!!?  (Read 3833 times)
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:07:13 AM

I'll be glad if bitcoins move from the hands of speculators to the hands of bitcoin believers and people in countries like Argentina so that it can protect them from irresponsible central banks.

Let the speculators and miners take their profits. We'll see just how useful all those dollars and euros are five years from now. I imagine there were people in the first crash from $30 who felt lucky because they sold all of their coins at $10 and stayed out.

This reminds me of a Warren Buffett quote- "When people are being greedy, be fearful. When people are fearful, be greedy."
its miners selling now... not speculators
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:11:43 AM

http://www.thegenesisblock.com/bitcoin-london-draws-attention-of-mainstream-finance/

Long term prospects for bitcoin look very strong.

I say strong buy.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:15:19 AM

http://www.thegenesisblock.com/bitcoin-london-draws-attention-of-mainstream-finance/

I say strong buy.

It would surprise me that Bitcoin would appeal to bankers, I thought they would see it as a threat due to the lack of usury?

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:17:17 AM

its miners selling now... not speculators

Sure thing captain.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:20:40 AM

I just bought in at $105 Sad , what is the problem that causes this downturn?

lol, i thought i am the only one that feels like this.

i bought massive 2 weeks ago.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Patience. Are you here to speculate or do you believe in bitcoin? I'm in this for the long haul and the trend has always been up with corrections along the way. You can panic and sell at a loss or hold and wait for it to recover which it always does.

+1

Same for me....i bought at around 84 euros, but i believe in bitcoins so i said to msyself: You will hold them forever, even if the prive falls to 1 euro Cheesy
Warren Buffet would do it the same way ..

Same for me too, it's not nice to know that you could have bought so much more coins with a bit more patience xD
But well, finding the perfect spot to buy in is only luck anyway.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:04:10 PM

If there is one thing I learned the past 2 years it is this: Don't bet against bitcoin.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:05:42 PM

Engineer?
chufchuf

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:29:31 PM

as a professional i say buy and get slaughtered

a professional of the sex trade?
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

100 Dollar is a important Level, when this doesn't hold....what next? 50?
But if it hold, it would be a good point to buy.

What do you think?

I think seeking investment advice from quasi-anonymous people on a free messageboard is an excellent way to lose money.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:41:18 PM

I say strong buy.

Strong buy here will most definitely turn in to strong losses, the obvious trend is downward.  A good model is the 2011 crash.
jonitas

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:02:21 PM

People are very negative about two things now: Gold and Bitcoin. I've heard several people who never invest (or invest at all the wrong times), say that gold and bitcoin have gone down so much and that it's ridiculous to invest in it. To me this shows it's the perfect contrarian play.

How do they even know about this? Because the mainstream media has reported on the crash of gold and bitcoin. I am buying!
semaforo

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:19:43 PM

I say strong buy.

Strong buy here will most definitely turn in to strong losses, the obvious trend is downward.  A good model is the 2011 crash.

The difference between that crash and this one is that in the 2011 crash, there wasn't a history of there having previously been a comparable crash. If you think that this is going to play out just like the last crash, although there are innumerable new variables in the equation now, the question would just be what the new $5 will be. 5 being 16% of 30, the new bottom would be between 35 and 50 dollars. It also means that two years from now we will be seeing a "bubble" reaching a high of 2250, collapsing to 360. and then starting the next climb.
    I think there are enough emergent factors driving price right now that an exponential acceleration in the pattern is not at all unlikely. This would mean that this boom-bust cycle could take one year rather than two, and the subsequent six months, and then three months, and then price stability could start to emerge as the frequency of cycles becomes tight enough for meta-cycles to start to emerge.

Of course, this is just using the 2011 crash as a model, like you suggested.
Komodorpudel (OP)

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

100 Dollar Resistence Level hold Cheesy good sign.

Lets See what tomorrow brings.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 07:43:48 PM

i say plan to hit the buy button a lot in a short time  Cheesy

Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:01:25 PM

100 Dollar is a important Level, when this doesn't hold....what next? 50?
But if it hold, it would be a good point to buy.

What do you think?

I think there is support at 100, 80, 65'ish and 50

Below 50 I think there is a more elastic support, where it may still sink, but not in large increments.
Nobody knows the future, but seems like bears are getting ready to hibernate.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:02:24 PM

I believe so. I have been tempted to purchase some!
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:33:47 PM

I am new to Bitcoin so laugh at my ignorance but I thought $100 was too high, I currently value it closer to $50 per coin.

One of the problems is that it is still too difficult to obtain bitcoin in the United States.

The most popular exchange, Mt. Gox, is problematic. I don't trust them. Too many stories about fiat going in and coming out taking way longer than it should. Maybe they are just understaffed but maybe they are playing games and are ponzi.

Fiat currency in an account outside the US with no FDIC insurance may be a risk worth taking if it is only in their hands for a very short period of time, but when it takes long time that risk is radically bigger so I won't use them.

Getting coins via other means is also very risky.

CampBX looks like the only exchange in the US that has reasonable safety measures. They also are the only exchange I have found that looks like they actually comply with state and federal government with respect to the operation of a currency exchange. We need more exchanges like them.

Local individuals selling bitcoins, where I live there are only 3 and two of them won't even talk to you if you don't buy $500 worth.

When it is difficult to get a currency the result in increased scams, people offering to facilitate it that are going to rip you off, and that's bad for the currency.

Now that mining is difficult and really only available to those with expensive hardware at their disposal, the community needs to focus on making the coins easier to legally and safely aquire. Otherwise people won't be able to get the currency and if people can't get the currency they can't spend it and if people aren't spending the currency it is worthless.

Since bitcoin already is a deflationary currency by design, the community really needs to focus on getting it into hands of people who buy things and that means we need more places like CampBX.

In my opinion. I'm still a newbie to all this. Add salt.
I'm not buying until I've watched it for several months.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 08:39:57 PM

The thing about all the people waiting to buy BTC around 50.... there's going to be people trying to get an edge on them by buying around 60, 70, 80...and then people like me buying a bit around 90...... as such, the battle between bear and bull never fails to cease.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

The thing about all the people waiting to buy BTC around 50.... there's going to be people trying to get an edge on them by buying around 60, 70, 80...and then people like me buying a bit around 90...... as such, the battle between bear and bull never fails to cease.

In order to buy at 50 you have to find someone that thinks it's only worth 50 to sell it too you. If people are starting to think that 's all BTC is worth then we have a problem.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:49:04 PM

Why do you even bother reading all this...

This is the speculation forum.
Every single post here is to try and bend the readers into buying or selling, depending on the OP crystal balls.

Just calm down, and use your BTC to buy stuff or services.
When you're oobtc, convert more useless fiat into btc and keep on.

If you have orders for selling at 88 and buying at 86, you don't belong to the scammers forum.... But to the ennemies one.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: