Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you be willing to donate Bitcoin to a crowdfunded science endeavor?
Yes - 2 (18.2%)
No - 3 (27.3%)
Depends on the project - 6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would the Bitcoin community be willing to crowdfund science?  (Read 439 times)
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:44:13 AM

This won’t be something I would give something for. We can’t have they’re intentions be valeted when it comes to this community. How? If all of us inside the box without knowing each one another. That crowdfunding science things is not what this community are interesting to be with, maybe a humanitarian I can give one Satoshi with.

This is a government thing and should be shouldered by them. Those ICO who have done it runs with them the investments who are distributed because of ignorance about this kind of solicitations that in the end are scams.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:15:16 AM

Science is one of the  global innovative development that every country and individuals long for. So if there is any crowdfunding everyone suppose to be in support is science project. Bitcoin communities are ready to support any genuine  science project.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:27:51 AM

Integrate bitcoin in crowd funding is a good idea , because the blockchain technology can add some plus to that field ( especially we know it's being in a decentralised way)
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:38:26 AM

You should look better before posting a question like that. There are plenty projects backed to the science, just look in the Annoucements Altcoins and you'll see. Of course that would be great to see more projects crowdfunding for science and when I see some projects raising more than 50 Million and it's just garbage I understand that most of people in cryptocoins just want quick profit and doesnt matter what projects are about. I would like to see more projects backed to the medicine and for finance disease cure research, that would give such a good reputation to the cryptos.
kenkoy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:16:13 PM

It depends on the  purpose and project with regards to Science. I believe most of ICO investors are geared towards personal profit, but how to get more investors, is to set a promising coin with an interesting purpose that will benefit all. I agree that projects by Govt are not selected by the people but the Government itself. Here is crypto community, we have the power to invest on what we believe is ok.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: