Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:31:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 4299 times)
uvwvj (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
-
June 09, 2013, 11:20:48 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 07:52:53 PM by uvwvj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:29:56 AM

Where did you find that IP address? Was it from Bitstamp or did you get it from blockchain.info?

Blazr

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:37:02 AM

Bitstamp for some reason I was able to get into account, now I can because the password was changed.

http://stats.gign.lv/csdm/player.php?id=335

http://stats.gign.lv/cs/player.php?id=11567&vsort=rank&vorder=desc

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcs.exs.lv%2Fplayer.php%3Fid%3D5675&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&redir_esc=&ei=2Ge0Ud-6DYml0QW4h4GgBQ

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=cache%3Awar3.kraska.lv%2Fps_stats%2Fplayer.php%3Fid%3D674%26msort%3Dffkills%26morder%3Ddesc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&redir_esc=&ei=7me0UdXbKuKc0wWwqoGoAg

Check out the player IP's.

Blazr

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:47:47 AM

Thanks, but are you saying they play at same location?

I'm saying that they've been playing using the same IP. The IP that cleaned out your account.

Not sure why but it's strange that there are are so many players for that game using that IP. I thought it might be an exit node or a proxy but it occasionally seems to run Bitcoin-QT too:

https://blockchain.info/ip-address/91.105.76.111

As you can see, it was running the day your coins were stolen.

It's promising. I think whoever took your coins didn't clean up his tracks properly.

Branzig

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:52:02 AM

Yesterday I also tried to cash out my 4 BTC to my wallet from Mt. GOX Shocked. 41 minutes into the 60 minutes it was wiped my wallet it out Huh, I think I did the math right on paying the .005 or whatever it was, and it looked like my wallet took, their cut because the transfer out of my wallet was a bit smaller than all of my figures, and I found it on the blockchain, it say it is still unclaimed and there is a note on the right hand side with a couple of things and one is VERIFY. I have not been able to get an answer back from MT. GOX, there is a ticket made up, and I have been trying to get verified for over a week and finally when I sent them the correct document for residence, I got an email,m telling me that I am back at the bottom of the que, so, I have to think they are not releasing it to me, I read about getting a code and blah, blah... I thought it was hacked, but it is still out there, and it is directly linked to my wallet and Mt. GOX respectively, I am all new to this and it is burning me out bad!!!!!

Does this make sense to any of the Bitcoin Forum Wizards?   Grin

Thanks,
-Branzig
 Cry

Blazr

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:55:23 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 12:14:13 PM by Blazr

Literally just happened a few hours ago and somehow I was able to get in bitstamp account once before it would not let me in.

They have something with LTC-Home too, dont know if this is a miner or not but I am going to ask someone who I think would know.

LTC-home has nothing to do with litecoin, it's a broadband company in Latvia.

http://lattelecom.lv/

Huh. So he wasn't running bitcoin-qt when he stole your coins, likely paid them into another wallet, sadly even maybe a mixing service.

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:10:41 PM

Guys educate yourselves about dynamic IPs. It'll save you from a wild goose chase.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:21:19 PM

All the ISPs in my country hand out dynamic IPs. Literally thousands of gamers use their services happily. So I say that stuff about dynamic IPs being bad is total bull.
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:32:15 PM

Do you know how you were hacked, trojan, brute force.... Etc.
In some ways this is more important than pursuing the loss. if you machine is still compromised it could happen again.

P.S. sorry for your loss.
Blazr

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:09:44 PM

Check this out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=230406.0;topicseen

Blazr

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:15:31 PM

I am half tempted to start the fight against Bitcoin, not because I am financially hurt by this I dont want others in my state who cant afford $300 lost to be effected like this.

You left your money in Bitstamp without 2FA, it's entirely your fault that this happened.

In real life you need to be careful with your money, you wouldn't carry too much cash around on the street as there are muggers & pickpockets, the same applies to your Bitcoins. You should've kept them on a paper wallet and never left them so easy to steal.

If a pickpocket stole your money would you go and blame the Euro? No you wouldn't, so don't blame Bitcoin over this.

Sorry for your loss all the same, I know it sucks.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

Yesterday I also tried to cash out my 4 BTC to my wallet from Mt. GOX Shocked. 41 minutes into the 60 minutes it was wiped my wallet it out Huh, I think I did the math right on paying the .005 or whatever it was, and it looked like my wallet took, their cut because the transfer out of my wallet was a bit smaller than all of my figures, and I found it on the blockchain, it say it is still unclaimed and there is a note on the right hand side with a couple of things and one is VERIFY. I have not been able to get an answer back from MT. GOX, there is a ticket made up, and I have been trying to get verified for over a week and finally when I sent them the correct document for residence, I got an email,m telling me that I am back at the bottom of the que, so, I have to think they are not releasing it to me, I read about getting a code and blah, blah... I thought it was hacked, but it is still out there, and it is directly linked to my wallet and Mt. GOX respectively, I am all new to this and it is burning me out bad!!!!!

Does this make sense to any of the Bitcoin Forum Wizards?   Grin

Thanks,
-Branzig
 Cry

So you encountered bad service from MT. GOX. nothing new. Hope the new exchanges fair better.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:28:41 PM

I am half tempted to start the fight against Bitcoin, not because I am financially hurt by this I dont want others in my state who cant afford $300 lost to be effected like this.
You left your money in Bitstamp without 2FA, it's entirely your fault that this happened.

Dear Bitcoin users, caveat emptor!  Cool

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:26:01 AM

The IP is from Lattelecom optical internet range. It uses dynamic IP assignation that changes IP from time to time. It is not surprising that the same IP address was used by somebody else before and is showing up in counter-strike server statistics database. Most likely it is not the real hacker. But who knows, Counter-strike is very popular game here.

It was stupid to take the coins without using Tor+Socks5. Or maybe the computer was infected with malware and was acting as proxy. Nobody knows.

This is goose chase. It is more important to know how it happened and maybe the hacker still watches your computer trough trojan horse and masturbates as you type your complaints.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Blazr

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:28:16 AM

I did not have 2FA, should I yes, is it my fault no way the money was stolen and I have asked Bitstamp to reimburseme me from their insurance, if not I have told them that I might see what I need to do to make sure this does not happen to anyone else here in the US again even if it means walking down to my US senators house and discuss even more reasons to fight bitcoin.

And here where I am you don't pick pocket you get either your ass kicked or shot.  

Also here if you get money stolen out of a bank its FDIC insured and exchanges and broker firms are insured.

https://blockchain.info/address/1GLFoamCC4yjuXpBET65RvMMmHB8oBvqzC

What insurance? Did Bitstamp sell you insurance?

It is entirely your fault dude, Bitcoin = digital cash. Like cash, if you loose it there is no insurance. You left your cash on the street and came back later and it was gone, now you think somebody owes you it.

A bank is completely different. A bank operates on a fractional reserve so the money never actually existed in the first place. They could also freeze the account of the hacker and take it back. These things can't happen with Bitcoin.

Also if money goes missing out of your bank, and it is determined to be your fault (IE. you didn't cut up your statement before you threw it away or your PIN code was your birthday) then you get no money. There is also a $500 deductible, so in this case where only $300 was stolen you would still get $0.

Also fighting Bitcoin is pointless, it can't be shut down. You can't seize the Blockchain.

Blazr

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:40:32 AM

Also, notice how I knew without asking you that you didn't have 2FA. Because if you did this wouldn't have happened.

Blazr

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:52:02 AM

No I left it in a exchange not on the street, on the street would be an new gambling website, but the gambling sites I use are nothing but trustworthy in my mind.

The site doesn't matter. Leaving it on any website without 2FA is asking for it to be stolen.

Bitstamp may not have insurance but I will damn near make sure that I will make sure Bitstamp will do a better job protecting people's money, or it's at least none that this happens.

Lol? they provide top-of-the-line security, they provide 2FA. Not a single Bitstamp account with 2FA enable has been reported as hacked yet.

As far as a wild goose chase if it fine, but I have asked Steam let me know who this IP belongs too and if IP block could take place, until a response is given.

As far as my computer ran AVG again and Malare and there's nothing.

Did you file a police report? If you did you can ask the abuse department for the IP's broadband company for help. Not much steam can do.

If you are serious about your computers security you should reformat it and reinstall everything as that is the only way you can bbe sure everything is gone. Anti-virus doesn't catch everything.

Blazr

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:53:27 AM

Yep really the first time I used the site and was getting used to it, more reason why bitcoin is going to have a hard time at mass adoption it needs to be safer and easier for people who are less computer savvy than I am.

It's likely people in the future will use payment services that are built on top of Bitcoin which are easier/safer to use. All us computer nerds and business will directly use Bitcoin.

Blazr

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:20:21 AM

2FA security or not the people on Fox Bus or other TVs in US seeing a campaign at the Senator level with the giant list of stolen money (maybe no 2factor on BitStamp why I was switching from Gox, but they definitely have had 2FA stolen)

It's possible to steal from 2fa-protected accounts but involves having to physically steal the persons phone or their yubikey and know their account details, so it's actually more secure than cash.

Nobody has yet to report their Bitstamp account hacked when they had 2FA enabled.

About the campaign thing, It's your fault stop trying to blame someone else because you didn't secure your bitstamp account properly.

I am not reformatting my hard drive I will just use computer at work for this, with better security.  Again I saw in the other thread the IP could not be pinged, well again my buddy still has not gotten envolved either so probably Tuesday and goign to ask his help and he WILL get me answers.

Well be careful. It's not like hacker's only steal Bitcoins. They'll steal anything valuable including tax returns, credit card details, documents and if your machine is infected you could have credit cards to dispute/cancel too.

I agree with payment services built on top of bitcoin and nerds still possibly using it but maybe not in states.

Well it's not like the US can prevent people in the states from using it, and right now its that side of the world that has the most Bitcoin users.

Anyways I wish you the best of luck.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:50:51 AM

you need to pm the user named extortion. he can help you

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: