Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moonco.in - Betting + Bitcoin <> Namecoin Exchange  (Read 6736 times)
MrMoon (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 01:16:15 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2011, 04:36:10 AM by MrMoon

Update
We opened up a namecoin<=>bitcoin exchange to make it easier to bet on anything on the site without having to (withdraw,depsoit,trade,withdraw,deposit). Now you can just trade and bet immediately.

I am hosting an online poker site which accepts bitcoins and namecoins at http://moonco.in

Our rake is only 0.8% and we have 10, 8, 6, and 2 player tables. Please contact me if you'd like a custom table size.

Right now we offer limit and no-limit Texas Hold 'em, Omaha 8 and 7-Card Stud (currently not working unfortunately), and we have now added e-sports betting for games like Street Fighter 4 and StarCraft 2.

We offer both game of skill (playing games for btc/nmc) and foresight (predicting outcomes of professional level games).

We run on open source code and we are eager to contribute new and inventive additions which will make the bitcoin poker community better as a whole.

Feel free to post questions, suggestions or comments here,

or visit our freenode channel #mooncoin

or email me @ mrmooncoin@gmail.com

Update: Namecoin support added

Update: E-sports betting added

moonco.in

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:31:07 AM

looks a lot like betco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 12:19:29 PM

Yup that is because we use the same source code. It is open source code, because of that any changes I make will be available for anyone else to use. It will look less so as time goes on and I add namecoins and esports betting.

We offer some different games and table styles (though I had to take 7stud shortly because of an bug I need to work out).

moonco.in
Gabriel Beal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 12:52:06 PM

looks a lot like betco.in
You can never have too many poker sites.

hippich

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 06:58:30 PM

MrMoon, just to make sure it is clear (it wasn't for me in the beginning). AGPL license require that changed code base should be available for immediate download on the site.

I did it through setting up GIT repository and providing link to .tar.gz archive with complete source code. You can do similar - IMHO this is the easiest way.

Or you can create archive and update it every time you update sourcecode and upload it to predefined place on your website (imho cumbersome =))

And good luck! It will be interesting how it will evolve with e-sports betting for sure!

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 07:03:47 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2011, 08:07:19 PM by MrMoon

MrMoon, just to make sure it is clear (it wasn't for me in the beginning). AGPL license require that changed code base should be available for immediate download on the site.

I did it through setting up GIT repository and providing link to .tar.gz archive with complete source code. You can do similar - IMHO this is the easiest way.

Or you can create archive and update it every time you update sourcecode and upload it to predefined place on your website (imho cumbersome =))

And good luck! It will be interesting how it will evolve with e-sports betting for sure!

I will try to get in compliance soon as possible. My plan was to use github from the beginning because I'm familiar with it and it will be easy for us to share improvements and bug fixes. I appreciate the work you have done so far and I hope to provide improvements that can help everyone utilizing the source.

Edit: This has been completed. I forked it from your project then renamed it. Thank you again hippach.

moonco.in
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 07:42:29 PM

Please add NLHE single table tournaments  (STT).
heads-up, 6-max, and 9-max.

Your competitor does not have them yet.  Wink
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:39:18 PM

Please add NLHE single table tournaments  (STT).
heads-up, 6-max, and 9-max.

Your competitor does not have them yet.  Wink

I will look into how I can accomplish this - thank you for the suggestion.

moonco.in
anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 06:56:54 AM

Competition that's using our codebase is always nice. Smiley

doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 07:47:26 AM

I look forward to namecoin support!
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 11:58:09 PM

double that ... will be first site to accept NMC for buying something, well other than domain names.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 04:46:22 AM

double that ... will be first site to accept NMC for buying something, well other than domain names.

That is really neat to know, I made some good progress on this today. But I have other things to work on so I gotta put off trying to finish until this weekend.

moonco.in
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 05:03:17 AM

I think copying the whole web layout is BS.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 05:27:38 AM

Do you have a problem with open source development in general? You think it would somehow be better if I just moved around the layout a bit? I focused on changing what I thought was most important on a poker site (what you see the most), the table.

moonco.in
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 05:35:35 AM

Do you have a problem with open source development in general? You think it would somehow be better if I just moved around the layout a bit? I focused on changing what I thought was most important on a poker site (what you see the most), the table.

Maybe I was a little harsh, I don't think it's wrong or anything. I'm sure you've got more improvements/additions coming too.

I don't think you should move things around for no reason, but time spent building or improving something is an indication that you plan to stick around which is important with something like this.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 05:42:53 AM

Maybe I was a little harsh, I don't think it's wrong or anything. I'm sure you've got more improvements/additions coming too.

I don't think you should move things around for no reason, but time spent building or improving something is an indication that you plan to stick around which is important with something like this.

You can follow all my improvements at my github here: https://github.com/MrMoon/Mooncoin

I have already started the early steps to implement name coin. I did some refactoring of the Finance::Bitcoin module and Catalyst::Bitcoin model to work with namecoin. I will publish these soon as I can confirm they are working.

I would definitely like to do a lot more work on the site but unfortunately I will be limited by the time left from my normal programming job.

Please check back and see our changes. I will announce them in the thread as I roll them out.

I would also like to mention our servers are on different sides of the world so it is possible different people may have better connections to one or the other.

I appreciate you taking the time to reconsider my position.

moonco.in
Adiamante

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:11:58 AM

Just checked it out. Kinda like it and have a few ideas....how many members do you have so far?
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 10:32:43 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 10:43:00 AM by MrMoon

Just checked it out. Kinda like it and have a few ideas....how many members do you have so far?

Thank you, It is hard to tell between active members and people who just registered to take a look. There is usually at least 1 person on it at most times. We have roughly had ~60 people register so far, which is fairly good considering how recently we launched.

Feel free to share you ideas on the github issue page, in our freenode channel, by email or even here.  

moonco.in
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 10:38:59 AM

You can follow all my improvements at my github here: https://github.com/MrMoon/Mooncoin

I have already started the early steps to implement name coin. I did some refactoring of the Finance::Bitcoin module and Catalyst::Bitcoin model to work with namecoin. I will publish these soon as I can confirm they are working.

I would definitely like to do a lot more work on the site but unfortunately I will be limited by the time left from my normal programming job.

Please check back and see our changes. I will announce them in the thread as I roll them out.

I would also like to mention our servers are on different sides of the world so it is possible different people may have better connections to one or the other.

I appreciate you taking the time to reconsider my position.

Yeah, I had a negative reaction to seeing what looked like the exact same site. But thinking about it now and seeing you are working on improvements I realize it can only be good to have multiple groups adding features and options and customizing.

iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:45:13 AM

if the client is much faster and more responsive, I'd move my play to it

holy crap betco.in is slow
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: