Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:49:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is buying up all the cheap alt coins now ?  (Read 4563 times)
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:24:42 AM

I personally believe this is a great time to buy good alt coins. Price is way down as market has shifted to buying BTC. Some more than 50%.

What percentage of your crypto is in alts vs BTC ?

My portfolio is now 100% in alts  Grin I honestly believe buying alts now will give much more profit comparing with bitcoin gold. First bitcoin price may drop anytime during fork, second the price of bitcoin gold may not satisfy people holding bitcoin.

This is just crazy. A few altcoins wil outperform bitcoin, but most alt will fade away and become worthless. Bitcoin is a risky investment, alts are pure gamble.
Delicat

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:43:12 AM

for solid Alts with product and goo team, it is a great time to buy in. but you will gonna hold until btc fork over and miss the opportunity along with it.
marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:44:23 AM

I personally believe this is a great time to buy good alt coins. Price is way down as market has shifted to buying BTC. Some more than 50%.

Well I'm not buying but I'm holding! Cheesy Does that count too? Don't really like this hard forks that are going on with BTC so I'm just leaving my portfolio just as it is... Mainly because my altcoins are spread around different exchanges and there is no point dump them for BTC and then buyback again after fork. Also I believe in those projects, so if you look long term, I don't mind those price drops. It will get back on track eventually.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
ivan.m

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:53:27 AM

50-50, long term, but i also think good time to invest in alts. Smiley
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:27:31 AM

Now is a great time to buy up all the alts, they will rise up faster than btc after the fork is done. Better get some now before the altcoin pump!

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:36:49 AM

Right now around 40% of my cryptocurrency investment is diversified into numerous altcoins and the rest is in BTC. I think that you are right, right now altcoins are down a bit because of the fact that bitcoin has surged so much.

For people who held bitcoin, it could be a pretty good investment to move some of that bitcoin into altcoins and wait for the pump before cashing out some of that altcoins for a decent profit. Always buy when everyone else is panic dumping, which is what's happening with altcoins in general right now.
imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:20:27 AM

I am still buying all the brokens and bloody altcoins. Its better to buy them now in a bearish cycle to make some profits in the next time. If we hit a bullish cycle in the next couple of weeks I dont have to care about FOMO Smiley
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:22:04 AM

My portfolio is now 100% in alts  Grin I honestly believe buying alts now will give much more profit comparing with bitcoin gold. First bitcoin price may drop anytime during fork, second the price of bitcoin gold may not satisfy people holding bitcoin.

This is just crazy. A few altcoins wil outperform bitcoin, but most alt will fade away and become worthless. Bitcoin is a risky investment, alts are pure gamble.

indeed,
even tough everything is very good and look so pretty well,
but bear it in your mind,everything can be happen in cryptocurrency.
so it's not the best action to put all into one,
it would be better for you to keep some of it as a financial back up.
you will double your money if you do that and also you will lose all of your money if you do that.
it's a trading not a gamble
Onika84

Activity: 1554
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:29:31 AM

I have bought 40% for ripple because memory of Swell conference, I should patience to buy alt when knowing BTC reach ATH and bloodbath event done. But, I am planning for selling xrp around 2- 4 weeks later. Hopefully it will be recovery soon.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
treepixel

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:14:15 AM

Intended to keep some btc aside to spend on alts right before the fork, but spent it all on alts already. Now just waiting for money to flow back into alts after the fork.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:23:30 AM

I bought some ptoy and XVG when thought its very cheap already....but BTC and altcoin's prices surprise more and more everyday in row Smiley
jules-jules

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:28:49 PM

As others have said, only buy in projects with solid long-term fundamentals. No point in buying alts cheap if they fizzle out due to lack of dev etc.
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:32:31 PM

Same thing.If your good in traiding and risky,then yes.Good moment before fork.Still no Nastradamuses here

thecodebear

Activity: 2142
Merit: 825

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:03:30 PM

Now is a fantastic time to buy alts. Low market, should recover after the forks. I bought a bunch of alt low a few weeks ago, though of course wish I had waited a bit longer and bought in now, but I still got in low.
Gangy

Activity: 225

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:03:38 PM

I guess every smart person in this forum is buying alt coins lately. This is really a great opportunity because all those Alt coins in red will eventually turn green and make their owners rich. Be a wise man and don’t miss this opportunity people.

dllhg (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:23:53 PM

I wish I had more patience and waited a little longer.  I have been buying lots of alt coins every time I see the price drop a decent percentage.  I just keep adding to my bags instead of fear taking over and wanting to sell. I see price drops as a great buying opportunity.  

Glad I started this thread and can see a lot of people feel the same way.  Seemed obvious to me but when you see herd mentality with everyone pumping BTC I second guessed myself.  I still have about 60% in BTC.

Now we have to wonder how the mid November fork could affect alt coins ..........  Hopefully they recover  before that fork happens.  I hate seeing everything in the red. I'm down a whole BTC worth in alt coins at the moment.  Couple weeks ago it was all green, then went negative about .5 BTC, then back green to + .5 BTC.  Now down a lot more.  Quite a ride.

Despite all this mess I did make out well on NEBL that went up and has held 125% gain as well as SWIFT which I doubled up on. Sold a third to half of each so I could leave house money in.
denisw

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:50:55 PM

Highly suggest you check out ASSETRON Energy - interesting project with good potential if it succeeds.

https://assetron.energy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2278331.msg23113599#msg23113599

Needs solid investors. Join their slack to get direct access to team
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:03:22 AM

Some of this alts is a must buy in my opinion , When people was collecting BTC for the fork , I was buying alts Cheesy , A profit that have a chance to 50% + vs a portion of a useless coin BTG that will probably give you 1% profit at best ! . People just do not use there minds , They just hear fork and All they know is sell there alts and buy BTC without even do some  basic math .
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:22:28 AM

i hope i can buy now but unfortunately i already bought alot of coins just before btc start pumping now i'm in loss but i'm not worry as all these coins will pump hard after fork

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:45:54 AM

Now is a fantastic time to buy alts. Low market, should recover after the forks. I bought a bunch of alt low a few weeks ago, though of course wish I had waited a bit longer and bought in now, but I still got in low.

I made the same mistake myself, bought in too early on some of the small alt coins Crown, Radium, 808, Droxne, Crave, etc. Nonetheless most of the coins I purchased are Proof of Stake coins and you can earn returns by staking the coins while you wait for them to appreciate. My view is that small coins are extremely volatile and you need to take a venture capital like approach where you invest in a large number of coins and assume that you will have a small number of big winners that drive your returns. Even if you have have several coins that go to zero, you still come out ahead so long as you have a few big winners in your portfolio.

An investor needs emotional fortitude ad a trading methodology to endure short term losses with alt coins since alt coins took a large dip in the out of control BTC rally we have had recently. But the crypto markets should mean revert at some point.   

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: