Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:45:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MANIPULATION - NOT PANIC!  (Read 2248 times)
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

'That Guy'

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:09:57 PM

Seriously?

Who the hell is getting together every Sunday morning and offloading a SHIT TON of BitCoin? This is the third week in a row that someone, or a group of people, have sold a ton of BitCoin and then start buying them back almost immediately. They pick Sunday morning, the best time to do manipulation.

This is pure manipulation, not a panic sale, and this is the third week in a row.

I saw this coming and prepared for it and moved $10,000k into my account Friday just so I could BUY this morning. I can't believe it happened again, this time I prepared for it. I bought at $89. It happened almost at the exact same time as last week.

Expect the price to stay steady / rise slowly now during the week and get ready for this to happen again next Sunday.

If this repeats too many times it will KILL the market.
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:15:52 PM

Your fundamentals seem ok but seriously... 10,000k?? I wish I had 10 million dollars.

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

'That Guy'

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:16:28 PM

Your fundamentals seem ok but seriously... 10,000k??

This is the max for some reason, $10,000, that I was able to move. Must be some IRS banking rule or something.
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:20:36 PM

Indeed. Your asking for an Audit now  Cheesy

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 04:36:53 PM

If this repeats too many times it will KILL the market.

that's why we're here (waiting) to buy Smiley
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:14:21 PM

well you've made 10% already  Grin

KSV

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

yup, its seems to be a sunday thing. . . wonder whos doing it  Huh

Trade Bitcoins @ FYB-SE ---> https://www.fybse.se
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:18:13 PM

If this continues it will not kill the market. What it will do is give people an easy way to make money off the manipulators so they will stop doing it on Sunday and maybe move around the days more unpredictably. And even if they succeed in continuing the manipulation on different random days, people will start to catch on that it is manipulation and will start to take the manipulator's money from them. Manipulation only works until people catch on. Do it too often and people will make money off the manipulators instead of the other way around.
Aureum_Coffee

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:19:34 PM

Your fundamentals seem ok but seriously... 10,000k??

This is the max for some reason, $10,000, that I was able to move. Must be some IRS banking rule or something.

If you are in the US, that's anti money laundering regulations.  AML.  Anything approaching $10k will get you flagged for a watch list.  Banks won't tell you they are flagging you and turning you over to the government to be put on the watch list.  
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

'That Guy'

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

Indeed. Your asking for an Audit now

I don't care if I am audited. I keep accurate, up to date records. Everyone should.

well you've made 10% already

No, I did not buy 10,000 BitCoins, $10,000 USD worth (111.329 BitCoin total) when price was @ $89.

Since mass sells keep happening every Sunday morning, I basically made a bet that it would happen again today... and it did.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:15:44 AM

Indeed. Your asking for an Audit now

I don't care if I am audited. I keep accurate, up to date records. Everyone should.

well you've made 10% already

No, I did not buy 10,000 BitCoins, $10,000 USD worth (111.329 BitCoin total) when price was @ $89.

Since mass sells keep happening every Sunday morning, I basically made a bet that it would happen again today... and it did.

Watching.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

'That Guy'

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:48:57 PM

Coincidence that half the BitCoins sold Sunday are already purchased back? Price @ $107. I wonder if there will be another big sale Sunday morning like the last 3 weeks?

Seems pretty brilliant (for the one who is doing it, NOT us), sell BitCoins Sunday morning, price drops $30, then buy them back & repeat.
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:02:39 PM

if you know when these dumps are coming, and you dont like them, why not dump your holdings just before they do, and buy back in later.

you would reduce the increase in their holdings, thereby reducing the incentive to dump in the first place.

and you make more money too.   
lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:08:58 PM

if you know when these dumps are coming, and you dont like them, why not dump your holdings just before they do, and buy back in later.

you would reduce the increase in their holdings, thereby reducing the incentive to dump in the first place.

and you make more money too.   

And that's kids how the weekly tradition of Sunday dumps has begun.
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:55:44 AM

wouldn't it become the Saturday dump?

and then the Friday dump?

and then the Thursday dump?

and pretty soon it's no longer economically viable to dump at all?
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:03:56 AM

yup, its seems to be a sunday thing. . . wonder whos doing it  Huh

Its a question of whether someone is actually coming to market because they actually need to convert the coins to fiat, or want to push the price down. Seems like well-heeled amateur hour either way.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/z2JuTqHU/

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:52:14 AM

No. Last two Sundays indeed featured a minor crash each, but there was also a crash on the Friday in between the two. Also, three Sundays ago there was no crash - in fact, there was a small rally, followed by a dump on Monday.

And don't start invoking time zones, because even if you force some data points to fit your failed theory, you loose the other two.

Also,
There once was a huge boulder, perched precariously, on the edge of a cliff.  For hundreds of
years this boulder was there, rocking and swaying, but always keeping its balance just perfectly.
But one year, there happened to be a sever windstorm; severe enough it was, to topple the  
boulder from its majectic height and dash it to the bottom cf the cliff, far far below.  Needless to
say, the boulder was smashed into many pieces.  Where it hit, the ground was covered with a
carpet of pebbles--some small and some large--but pebbles and pebbles and more pebbles for
as far as you could walk in an hour.

One day, after all this, a young man by the name of Ichabod happened on the area.  Being a
fellow of keen mind and observational powers, naturally he was quite astounded to see so many
stones scattered so closely on the ground.  Now Ichabod was very much interested in the nature
of things, and he spent the whole afternoon looking at pebbles, and measuring the size of
pebbles, and feeling the weight of pebbles, and just pondering about pebbles in general.

He spent the night there, not wanting to lose this miraculous find, and awoke the next morning full
of enthusiasm.  He spent many days on his carpet of stones.

Eventually he noticed a very strange thing.  There were three rather large stones on the carpet
and they formed a triangle--almost (but not quite) equilateral.  He was amazed.  Looking further
he found four very white stones that were arranged in a lopsided square.  Then he saw that by
disregarding one white stone and thinking of that grey stone a foot over instead, it was a perfect
square!  And if you chose this stone, and that stone, and that one, and that one and that one
you have a pentagon as large as the triangle.  And here a small hexagon.  And there a square
partially inside of the hexagon.  And a decagon.  And two triangles inter-locked.  And a circle.  
And a smaller circle within the circle. And a triangle within that which has a red stone, a grey
stone and a white stone.

Ichabod spent many hours finding many designs that became more and more complicated as his
powers of observation grew with practice.  Then he began to log his designs in a large leather
book; and as he counted designs and described them, the pages began to fill as the sun
continued to return.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:15:01 AM

I feel manipulated, by OP.
Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:09:21 AM

You posted this on the 8th:

Ya, because whenever I try to buy something with BitCoin I get SCAMMED.

BitCoin is USELESS FOR THE AVERAGE, EVERYDAY PERSON! Now people's response to this growing use of scams in trades is "use an escrow". THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF BITCOIN, TO USE AN ESCROW! What good is it if you HAVE to use an escrow.

Not to mention:
http://www.coindesk.com/200-million-credit-card-fraud-highlights-bitcoins-security/

IT IS DEAD

But now you're throwing 10k at something that's "dead"?

You also posted this:

It's called a bear market.

....With the hype gone I think the bear market is here to stay. There needs to be a real reason for people to come to BitCoin. The initial hype was generated through the soaring price as a great investment instrument. This is long gone.

Edit: and this

Why not?

Seems like a good idea to cash out now before the exchanges get shutdown, Feds get too involved, and price (possibly) crashes.

In reality I bet almost everyone has bitcoin not because they want to use it for purchasing goods, but as a way to make a quick buck - Don't lie.

But now you're saying the price is going to stay/slowly rise  Huh
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:22:18 AM

Can't believe that someone just named these weekly lows "crashes". Cheesy WTF, even the 270 -> 60 drop can be argued that it was a crash or not. I remember times when bitcoin was 10$ and it fluctuated 1$ up or down sometimes. Now it is 100$ and it changes 10$ up or down sometimes. Same shit different day.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: