Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't wait to get a BFL  (Read 2821 times)
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 04:39:54 PM

Those little Jalepenos are so cute you just plug them right in and BOOM BTC

Sure the company has been plagued with all sorts of bad decisions, bad calls, bad planning and bad timing but the fact remains they jumpstarted the new generation of Asics mining. It was New technology in a New profitable industry and Greed got the best of most.

The Pre-orders were a bad idea, but maybe it was necessary? If people would have been patient they would have made more money and possibly the difficulty wouldn't have increased as much as it did. Perhaps the price would be much more than what it is now?

I'm sure they'll pull through the madness and get orders caught up hopefully before all the Bitcoins are generated, but at least they're finally starting to ship them out.  Roll Eyes

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:29:04 PM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:27:32 AM

Sure the company has been plagued with all sorts of bad decisions, bad calls, bad planning and bad timing but the fact remains they jumpstarted the new generation of Asics mining. It was New technology in a New profitable industry and Greed got the best of most.

The Pre-orders were a bad idea, but maybe it was necessary? If people would have been patient they would have made more money and possibly the difficulty wouldn't have increased as much as it did. Perhaps the price would be much more than what it is now?

I'm sure they'll pull through the madness and get orders caught up hopefully before all the Bitcoins are generated, but at least they're finally starting to ship them out.  Roll Eyes

Are you kidding me?

They are the 3rd company to release an ASIC. How is that "jumpstarting the new generation of Asics mining". I sure hope this post is satire and I'm just not getting it.
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 03:10:13 AM

They might've been the 3rd company to release, but they were the 1st one to get the most pre-orders.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

andrewsg

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:22:57 AM

They might've been the 3rd company to release, but they were the 1st one to get the most pre-orders.

In that case, maybe "they jumpstarted the new generation of ASIC pre-order scams" is more appropriate.

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 05:34:50 AM

But who doesn't like Butterflies and Jalepenos?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

andrewsg

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:44:56 AM

But who doesn't like Butterflies and Jalepenos?

Quite possibly the most convincing argument to buy BFL products I have ever heard.

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:20:03 AM

Go ahead and buy one, Josh needs a new Ferrari

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:21:14 AM

Don't worry, you WILL be waiting for your BFL Smiley
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:21:54 PM

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
CoolIT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:29:40 PM

Go ahead and buy one, Josh needs a new Ferrari

Actually, I encourage BitcoinBarrel to buy a Single... and for him to keep us updated on the performance of his product... or better yet, when he receives it.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:40:16 PM

Are you kidding me?

They are the 3rd company to release an ASIC. How is that "jumpstarting the new generation of Asics mining". I sure hope this post is satire and I'm just not getting it.

More down to earth - The huge benefit to the BFL machines is the watts used. Should the BTC price go down substantially, they will still be relatively cheap to operate as the watts per Gh is very low relative to the competitors.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
mco65

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 04:42:03 PM

More down to earth - The huge benefit to the BFL machines is the watts used. Should the BTC price go down substantially, they will still be relatively cheap to operate as the watts per Gh is very low relative to the competitors.

True, but that is a big if.. I don't think BTC ever gets below $50 again.. JMO
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:52:58 PM

True, but that is a big if.. I don't think BTC ever gets below $50 again.. JMO

Agreed. Right now we are sitting on what, to me, is a critical level - the 100ema.
We break through that, and there are a lot of bears and the chart does support them a bit, then we might go down hard. I would just wait for a stable bottom and pick up what I can afford.

But, seeing those huge buys come in like today that rocketed the price, makes you know big money is out there and anything can happen.

edit - I guess I didn't consider what that price would be, to be honest. Any ideas?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 04:56:09 PM

Are you kidding me?

I think you are all missing the poing here as BFL has not shipped a damned thing aside a trickle of Jalepeno's of the older design. Not a single unit of the revised BitForce line has shipped, period

Why are you speculating on machines that are vaporware

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:21:43 PM

BFL is a horribly run company IMHO and I would not recommend anyone order from them, as they have a astounding back order.

That being said, credit where credit is due,  the Jalapeno is a great product though, and they have somewhat surprised me that they sort of actually do seem to be finally shipping now, only 9 months late or what-not.  I can't argue that it is a great little product. 5 GH / 7GH for that power usage and form factor is pretty commendable.

I'd love to have a Jalapeno running on a Raspberry Pi like that other guy Smiley   But ya,  would not recommend anyone actually ordering one (due to the production difficulties), and the company seems often dishonest (in its handling of many situations, and near continuously saying it was only 1 or 2 weeks before shipping,  when in fact they must have known this was not the case, months ago.)

If you have already ordered back-when and have gotten your J--- then congrats to you. I am a bit bitter it's arrived before the Avalon new batches, I have to begrudgingly admit my surprise.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:36:18 PM

I'm sure they'll pull through the madness and get orders caught up hopefully before all the Bitcoins are generated, but at least they're finally starting to ship them out.  Roll Eyes

Are you kidding me?

I think you are all missing the poing here as BFL has not shipped a damned thing aside a trickle of Jalepeno's of the older design. Not a single unit of the revised BitForce line has shipped, period

Why are you speculating on machines that are vaporware

Questioned the validity of this, and checked a bit.

This is the current BitForce 5 GH/s model, as per the BFL website:

Here are three recent posts indicating customers receiving their pre-orders that look much more like that instead of the old, flat Jalapeno design:

One
Two
Three

Vaporware is simply no longer applicable.

As I said, aside the older Jalepeno (using the newer casing because they completely screwed up and had to redesign them to handle the heat), nothing else has shipped at all. https://products.butterflylabs.com/ NONE of these have shipped in present configuration. The Jalepeno and Little SC look the same but are in fact different products. So yes, until we see some of those units all of that is vaporware that people have paid for and are far behind on their shipping promises. Not a single unit of the new line has been demonstrated or seen.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:59:52 AM

I'm sure they'll pull through the madness and get orders caught up hopefully before all the Bitcoins are generated, but at least they're finally starting to ship them out.  Roll Eyes

Are you kidding me?

Well,the Original Avalon unit consumed 600+ watts @ 60-70GH.What BKKcoins is designing MAY use 32 watts per 5GH board.

So,BFL's 5GH unit consumes 27 watts.

The difference between 27 watts & 32 watts is not enough for anyone to really make the Klondike Avalon be "unprofitable" anytime sooner than BFL's units.

That argument is null & void  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:28:08 AM

I am drooling over the BFL blog updates as well... my payment date is quickly approaching...

Waiting over a year for something can be difficult, but rewarding!  Smiley

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:51:17 PM

Well,the Original Avalon unit consumed 600+ watts @ 60-70GH.What BKKcoins is designing MAY use 32 watts per 5GH board.

So,BFL's 5GH unit consumes 27 watts.

The difference between 27 watts & 32 watts is not enough for anyone to really make the Klondike Avalon be "unprofitable" anytime sooner than BFL's units.

That argument is null & void  Wink

Yup. What's going to happen is the next gen asics will arrive (in the next 3-6 months) that will make all the current gen asics unprofitable.

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: