Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:48:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine BTC Gold...???  (Read 4074 times)
faanigee (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:33:49 AM

Hi,
I m new at bitcointalk forum.
Can any one guide me how to mine new comming coin from bitcoin fork called bitcoin gold.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards.
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:45:14 AM

Any one can post a guide for bitcoin gold mining...Huh
I m waiting for that...!!?
xaxistech

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:30:32 AM

Bitcoin gold fork of the Bitcoin blockchain that will occur on October 25, 2017.

From what I've read it will be minable with our computers at home using the GPU.

Bitcoin Gold will provide an opportunity for countless new people around the world to participate in the mining process with widely-available consumer hardware that is manufactured and distributed by reputable mainstream corporations.

You can find more information on the FAQ here: https://btcgpu.org/faq/

Cheers!

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:21:23 AM

Bitcoin gold fork of the Bitcoin blockchain that will occur on October 25, 2017.

From what I've read it will be minable with our computers at home using the GPU.

Bitcoin Gold will provide an opportunity for countless new people around the world to participate in the mining process with widely-available consumer hardware that is manufactured and distributed by reputable mainstream corporations.

You can find more information on the FAQ here: https://btcgpu.org/faq/

Cheers!
Good information thanks brother.
FxNovex

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:31:49 PM

Basically if you setup your mining rig to mine something like zcash, it will most likely be the same to mine Bitcoin Gold. They have stated on their website that the algorithm they are going to use is Equihash, which means if you want the best performance, then you need Nvidia graphics cards. AMD graphics cards are better at mining Etash algorithm, however they can still mine Equihash, just not as good.

So get your rig all setup to mine a coin like zcash, and then wait for mining pools to start popping up after the fork and you will be able to switch over fairly easy.
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:21:12 PM

Any one can post a guide for bitcoin gold mining...Huh
I m waiting for that...!!?

Click here for your guide...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2302780.msg23367824#msg23367824
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:49:15 PM

Basically if you setup your mining rig to mine something like zcash, it will most likely be the same to mine Bitcoin Gold. They have stated on their website that the algorithm they are going to use is Equihash, which means if you want the best performance, then you need Nvidia graphics cards. AMD graphics cards are better at mining Etash algorithm, however they can still mine Equihash, just not as good.

So get your rig all setup to mine a coin like zcash, and then wait for mining pools to start popping up after the fork and you will be able to switch over fairly easy.

Brother could you explain what is difference in amd and nvidia mining zcash or btg
atozcoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:04:57 PM

Brother could you explain what is difference in amd and nvidia mining zcash or btg

Well both AMD and NVIDIA have different CPU so they process on a different way  the hash rate ( my opinion).
AMD video cards used to have a significant edge over Nvidia for crypto currency mining. This is no longer the case, since the verision of gtx 1070 has proven to be very good on mining as far as i have seen and in some test it has gone better than RX 580.
And mostly suggested version for mining zcash as far I have read was 1070 or an AMD  Radeon Pro Duo.
It depends on how much you want to spend too Smiley
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:08:33 PM

Well both AMD and NVIDIA have different CPU so they process on a different way  the hash rate ( my opinion).
AMD video cards used to have a significant edge over Nvidia for crypto currency mining. This is no longer the case, since the verision of gtx 1070 has proven to be very good on mining as far as i have seen and in some test it has gone better than RX 580.
And mostly suggested version for mining zcash as far I have read was 1070 or an AMD  Radeon Pro Duo.
It depends on how much you want to spend too Smiley
But brother price difference is also matters...!!!
Nvidia graphics card is more expensive than AMD.
satorusaito

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:45:51 PM

I am buying a mining machine of BITMAIN.
adyb

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:01:52 PM

Bitcoin gold is asic resistant, you won’t be able to use “a machine” from bitmain to mine this altcoin. I’m setting up my new rig tomorrow and hope to give BTC Gold a punt for a few months. Previously I’ve always mined bitcoin, but I don’t really want to add another asic to my mine - it’s far too loud!
SodiumEx

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:43:17 AM

cant use those for mining bitcoin gold.
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:57:04 AM

Its not use for mining BTG...!!!
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:59:24 AM

Bitcoin gold is asic resistant, you won’t be able to use “a machine” from bitmain to mine this altcoin. I’m setting up my new rig tomorrow and hope to give BTC Gold a punt for a few months. Previously I’ve always mined bitcoin, but I don’t really want to add another asic to my mine - it’s far too loud!
I m also plaining a new rig for BTG.  But little bit confused about gpu brands ( Nvidia or AMD )...!!!
atozcoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:33:30 AM

I m also plaining a new rig for BTG.  But little bit confused about gpu brands ( Nvidia or AMD )...!!!

well you have to plan you budget in the beginning  then do some research online about gpu-s and what is convenient for you and your budget, its not about that you will get a straight answer that this is best get it and you will become rich in a few months. Tongue 

For me i would go with AMD since it has proven to be good for mining rigs even though I am fan of NVIDIA for gaming rigs Smiley

Regards Smiley
zimmix

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:52:11 PM

Just keep in mind that resell price for nvidia is usually better than AMD, while AMD usually have a better cost-benefit during mining, except for 1070 which I think is almost a tie with top AMD cards.

For me, what worked better was using 1080 Ti, since you must account space, investment forecast, heat, energy consumption and resell value. I think for Nvidia you are fine with 1060 (6Gb), 1070 or 1080Ti (I wouldn't go for normal 1080 as the price don't scalate as well as 1070 x 1080 Ti reward).

Regarding the main topic, I suggest the official BTC gold website, since it will use equihash, in theory you just need a miner that works on it and direct it to any pool that works on BTC gold (you can solo mine it as well if you have enough hashs to do so, but you will need to do further research)
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:38:46 AM

well you have to plan you budget in the beginning  then do some research online about gpu-s and what is convenient for you and your budget, its not about that you will get a straight answer that this is best get it and you will become rich in a few months. Tongue 

For me i would go with AMD since it has proven to be good for mining rigs even though I am fan of NVIDIA for gaming rigs Smiley

Regards Smiley

Thanks for your advice... could you tell me which miner software is used for mining BTG with best hashes like in ethereum Claymore dual miner is best. some thing like that is dual mining possible with BTG?Huh
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:42:49 AM

Just keep in mind that resell price for nvidia is usually better than AMD, while AMD usually have a better cost-benefit during mining, except for 1070 which I think is almost a tie with top AMD cards.

For me, what worked better was using 1080 Ti, since you must account space, investment forecast, heat, energy consumption and resell value. I think for Nvidia you are fine with 1060 (6Gb), 1070 or 1080Ti (I wouldn't go for normal 1080 as the price don't scalate as well as 1070 x 1080 Ti reward).

Regarding the main topic, I suggest the official BTC gold website, since it will use equihash, in theory you just need a miner that works on it and direct it to any pool that works on BTC gold (you can solo mine it as well if you have enough hashs to do so, but you will need to do further research)

Thanks too...
your analysis is very good. i just want to know like ethereum mining AMD is best option at all. with modding bios we can control its power and hashes. Nvidia bios is possible to mod and we can increase its hashes and decrease power consumption like AMD Polaris cards.
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:45:53 AM

Is there any pool setup for Mining BTG???
faanigee (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:30:07 PM

BTG is going to b launch of next tomorrow any updates...Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: