Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People still waiting for their MT Gox account  (Read 2260 times)
c-rock (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I love the Cloud, and Love Mining, how 2 combine?

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 02:31:08 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2011, 05:01:48 AM by c-rock

I am still waiting for a response from Gox.   I have submitted a ton of info, nothing yet.  I have about 160 BTC sitting on there.  

This is getting frustrating.  

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheMartin

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 03:23:33 AM

Certainly you saw that MtGox was able to produce 7,961 BTC turnover in the last three hours.

Obviously that's not possible with zero accounts open.

Creating the title 'Has anyone gotten their Account Opended' under such circumstances seems pure trolling to me.

So I dont believe what you are saying re your personal account.

Should your account really not been opened, please don't troll but present detailed info. Maybe someone can help you.
c-rock (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 04:12:05 AM

Call me a troll all you want.

I have gone thru all the proper channels.  I have coins that were on there pre-crash.  I submitted all the info they wanted. 

I have not heard back, nor do I have access to my account. 

Thank you

DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:14:30 AM

Check your email. Check your spam folder. They should have contacted you by now. Perhaps you mistyped your email? Try emailing them again. They are busy now, so have a little patience. Something clearly went wrong, because most people got in. It will get sorted in time.
klamathonsite

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 04:18:17 AM

Yes I have I got a hold of Mark Personally and Got every squared up things are back on track.
Thanks Mark your defiantly cool for making it a personal transaction to fix it!
MT.Gox has shown they are reputable just takes time to fix what someone else compromised!
I retract any other statements I have made. they came through for me!
Thanks MtGox
c-rock (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 04:23:46 AM

They have contacted me, it was a automated response.   

This was three days ago was the last contact.   I just want access to what is rightfully mine.

No hatin please.

bolapara

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:56:43 AM

I got mine not too long ago.  Took something around 28-30 hours since my last claim attempt.
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 05:07:39 AM

I didn't even realize I got my claim back until a day later when I ran a search through my email.
So run a search through your email for "claims", it's probably in there but hidden.

I also had to do the claims at least 3-4 times, they said on the claims page there is no limit to how many.
So make them notice, if you really didn't get an email.
Check email first just to make sure though.
c-rock (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 05:03:27 AM

I have checked my email, checked the ticket, emailed them, no response since my last post.

I have given them my logon
my dowalla account
what i have in my account,

last sales and buys.   

This is getting old.  They have my coins in their exchange.   

c-rock

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:08:36 AM

I'm waiting relatively patiently. Fortunately I have neither BTC nor USD at mtgox as I moved everything out the day before the, er, incident.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
citizen

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:12:31 AM

I have also been unable to reclaim my MT Gox account.  I had about $1500 worth of funds in it at the time of the meltdown.  My password was very strong - 15+ characters psuedo-random (computer generated) mixed case, numbers, symbols, etc.  So that should not be an issue.

I have initiated the claim process three (3) times.  The first two times I received an email and completed the instructions.  The third time I didn't even receive an email.  I just did the 3rd time today (the first was done as soon as the claim process was published, and the second a couple days after).

After the first and second time I created a help desk request.  "jesse" responded that all the claims would be processed on the 24th and I would receive an email.  I never got that email (and yes, I have checked my spam and done searches, etc....I have a paid google accounts email address).

Then on IRC they said the remaining unprocessed claims were all done tonight (about an hour before I'm making this post).  I still haven't received an email.  MagicalTux who I've spoken to a number of times on IRC in open channel and PMs about other topics seems to be ignoring my inquiries about my account.  I'm not sure why that is.

I've been around a long time with a very good rating in -OTC.  I'm an operator of #bitcoin-otc.  I'd say I have a pretty good reputation.  I would love to get my account working before I leave the country so I can feel better about those funds in there.  I don't understand why it is taking so long, why I can't get any responses, and why other people seem to have their accounts back just fine.  What is different about my account?  I have less than 24 hours of net access left before I'm gone on vacation for a week, so I feel even more uncomfortable about this not being resolved.

citizen (citiz3n on IRC)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:17:20 AM

Then on IRC they said the remaining unprocessed claims were all done tonight (about an hour before I'm making this post).  I still haven't received an email.  MagicalTux who I've spoken to a number of times on IRC in open channel and PMs about other topics seems to be ignoring my inquiries about my account.  I'm not sure why that is.

I didn't get an email either, but I just tried to log in with my username and new password, and got in just fine. I never got an email either.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
citizen

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:20:22 AM

I've tried both my old password AND the "new password" that I used for the account claim thing.  No luck getting in.  I've also tried "I forgot my password" link to reset password.  I don't receive an email.
citizen

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:59:56 AM

Apparently I had not clicked the "Submit my request" button to on the claim page found in the original link in the original claim request response email.  I'm not sure why the necessity to click the button escaped me, but it did.  I had submitted info, but never clicked the button.

So....maybe now my account will be straightened out?  It would have been nice if someone had pointed this out or mentioned it.  Is anyone else suffering from the same thing?Huh

See if you ever received an email after you started the claim process, it should have a link in it, click the link, submit as much info as you can, and click the "Submit my request" button that is like in the MIDDLE of the page.  I don't consider it very clear that this button needs to be clicked.  It was easy to overlook it or think it was just for submitting additional info.

Anyways, maybe this will helps others.
kloinko1n

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 06:41:12 AM

Apparently I had not clicked the "Submit my request" button to on the claim page found in the original link in the original claim request response email.  I'm not sure why the necessity to click the button escaped me, but it did.  I had submitted info, but never clicked the button.

So....maybe now my account will be straightened out?  It would have been nice if someone had pointed this out or mentioned it.  Is anyone else suffering from the same thing?Huh

See if you ever received an email after you started the claim process, it should have a link in it, click the link, submit as much info as you can, and click the "Submit my request" button that is like in the MIDDLE of the page.  I don't consider it very clear that this button needs to be clicked.  It was easy to overlook it or think it was just for submitting additional info.

Anyways, maybe this will helps others.
I found the button, clicked it, got my new password accepted, and now it doesn't work anymore.
If I ask for a new one, I read: "A new password has beent sent to your email address.", but if I check my email: nothing...
Frustrating, because I can't be sure that nobody else has re-claimed my account and took away my balance.
c-rock (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 03:38:13 AM

I am still waiting to hear back from MtGox.

Nothing has been recieved from them since I last posted.

kloinko1n

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:53:13 PM

For an update on my situation, see this message on this forum.
kloinko1n

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:22:03 PM

Things are starting to move.
My ticket #97 has just been 'solved', after almost 4 weeks. Ticket #1651 after 3 weeks also, ticket #5434 after 1 week.
Now the receipt of my ticket from 8 days ago where I ask them to return me my funds in BTC and USD which they have withdrawn from my account with them (#6227) has just been acknowledged!
This means some people must be working there, and even quite hard. Therefore I still have hope to see my money back, because I really think they are working on it.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:25:57 PM

I have checked my email, checked the ticket, emailed them, no response since my last post.

I have given them my logon
my dowalla account
what i have in my account,

last sales and buys.   

This is getting old.  They have my coins in their exchange.   

c-rock

have u tried the IRC?  he hangs out there sometimes.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:28:21 PM

here, call him:

Tibanne Co., Ltd,
〒168-0082
Tōkyō-to, Suginami-ku, Kugayama 5-24-30

Telephone: +81 3-4550-1529
Pages: [1] 2 »  All