Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:35:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My VERY diversified portfolio... (70 coins) your opinion is highly appreciated  (Read 611 times)
ChiNgadOr (OP)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:16:32 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 03:42:13 PM by ChiNgadOr

I have been adquiring many different coins in many different exchanges  to minimize the losses if there is a hack of one of the exchanges. Anyway it is "only" 3000$, but this is all money i have been saving for some time.
I was also thinking about hardware for cold storage, paper wallet... but it is impossible with so many coins.

I have what i think are sure bets: 65% of portfolio (no doubts of any of these)
QTUM LINK IOTA XVG NEO PIVX XEM WAVES SNM BNB PAY LSK BTM SAFEX STRAT HVN STX XEL
MTL DNT MAID CND BTS LRC

And here you got my risky bets: 35% of portfolio
AEON RAD SHIFT BAT PTOY ADX BAT FUN PLR HMQ NET UIS MBRS 808 SIGT XSPEC EOS SWIFT LBC VOX WINGS MNE OK POSW KMD  FLO SYS MSP QRL HMQ CAT ONION IFT ARDR TKN SC UBQ SNT BQX POE EMB DAR BTA ELIX DRACO MDA ETN

As you can see.. balls of steel.. No BTC or ETH.

Right now, i fucked up with EMB (.. entered FOMO to a huge pump and dump), DRACO (a big scam from Moldavia),.. lessons learned.
SIGT, BTM and MNE have also dropped a lot, but i think they still have a chance of going up. And the rest i think they will recover and bring good profits. Anyway i am for the longterm, but follow it daily just in case there are any big news. Do you think there is any other coin that is going to die should be removed right now to avoid future loses? in that case, please tell me why do you think so.

By the way, the best to follow so much coins is using cryptocompare(dot)com and creating your own portfolio.. I also tried blockfolio but i think it is worse.

Opinions are welcome..but please explain why do you think so, instead of just claiming something without arguments.

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
Geoff999

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:21:18 PM

So whilst I do agree with Diversifying a portfolio,

I think that 70 is too diverse, at least half of those coins will be worth nothing in the coming years, some will explode and others still stay similar.

You should maybe pick 20-30 (Even that is quite allot) that you have a strong faith in for the future and go with those.

Overall, I would say coins such as Waves, OMG, Stratis all have bright futures, but again you never know.

If you are happy tracking that many coins and happy with the risk of such a huge diversity then its fine.
hypcoin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:27:00 PM

First, get a ledger or a trezor to safely store your alt coins. Even if you diversified the exchanges, it could happen every day that you get hacked or the exchange shuts down. It's up to you but invest a little bit in security even though not every of your coins is supported. If something of them is mooning you will hate yourself forever when you can't sell them anymore.

Second, I don't know every coin of your portfolio but here's a short answer of what I think:

Link: Great concept, seems to become a serious market maker and if they only make one partnership fix it will moon.
XVG: good long-term, privacy coins are very demanded
NEO: should make a big part of your portfolio because you're not invested in ETH and BTC so you definitely should invest more in a large cap
Also WAVES, PAY, LISK, XEL, LRC .. great future ahead. Definitely longterm coins, in the 65 % of your portfolio I think the next gains will come from NEO, PAY, Lisk and XVG
The other 35%: a bit difficult to compare PTOY and ADX for example but I try. Think ADX should be a big position, SYS and FLO have great times ahead, onion has a great community,  Eos doesn't look for me bright, it seems like their ICO lasts forever, don't think DNT, BTS, SNT will grow much.

In my opinion, you should sell quickly after a grow / pump:

DNT, SNT, BTS, BTM

What I learned from my FLO, SYS and ARDR investment: After a huge gain (define for yourself a huge gain, for me it's everything over 50% and you see it falling a bit. Better sell: at least the half). Could have done more money with it. They are good longterms but their growth is shorter than the dumps, they can last a long time.

If you are speculating in moon coins you can add ARK now, ETP after a dump...thats what I see for now.
Varelax

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:28:22 PM

I would recommend you to check out EQT Equitrader, is a coin that rewards traders for sharing his knowledge in market analysis. They already have their platform in beta phase. I would add it you your high risk bags.
ChiNgadOr (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:55:43 PM

First, get a ledger or a trezor to safely store your alt coins. Even if you diversified the exchanges, it could happen every day that you get hacked or the exchange shuts down. It's up to you but invest a little bit in security even though not every of your coins is supported. If something of them is mooning you will hate yourself forever when you can't sell them anymore.

Second, I don't know every coin of your portfolio but here's a short answer of what I think:

Link: Great concept, seems to become a serious market maker and if they only make one partnership fix it will moon.
XVG: good long-term, privacy coins are very demanded
NEO: should make a big part of your portfolio because you're not invested in ETH and BTC so you definitely should invest more in a large cap
Also WAVES, PAY, LISK, XEL, LRC .. great future ahead. Definitely longterm coins, in the 65 % of your portfolio I think the next gains will come from NEO, PAY, Lisk and XVG
The other 35%: a bit difficult to compare PTOY and ADX for example but I try. Think ADX should be a big position, SYS and FLO have great times ahead, onion has a great community,  Eos doesn't look for me bright, it seems like their ICO lasts forever, don't think DNT, BTS, SNT will grow much.

In my opinion, you should sell quickly after a grow / pump:

DNT, SNT, BTS, BTM

What I learned from my FLO, SYS and ARDR investment: After a huge gain (define for yourself a huge gain, for me it's everything over 50% and you see it falling a bit. Better sell: at least the half). Could have done more money with it. They are good longterms but their growth is shorter than the dumps, they can last a long time.

If you are speculating in moon coins you can add ARK now, ETP after a dump...thats what I see for now.

thanks you very much for sharing your point of view with so many details..
yeahh i was also very interested in ARK... also NXS, KORE, ETP, EDG, NEBL,.. but when i had still some money to invest, they were too high.. now that they are "on sale" i wish i had some more money right now Sad

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:01:40 PM

While it is good to diversify, this is a little too much. With $3000, i would pick 20 max. Would better to split into 4 categories;

High Market cap
Medium Market cap
Low Market cap
Very low(risky)

Monetary split:
300 respectively.
 While OMG, STRAT could be considered High Market cap, SONM, NEBLIO medium market cap. Try not to loose but at the same time win. This way, in a year or two, you can make a bigger portfolio(capitalwise). Just my 2 satoshi.

Update: SYS and POSW are not risky. They are both proven and it’s just a matter of time to soar.
Bummers

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:05:21 PM

Wow that is a lot to invest in!

My personal choice would be 2/3 of your investment in bitcoin, purely because if bitcoin fails all alts will fail. It's the most trusted coin.

remaining 1/3rd I'd split between low risk medium reward and high risk high reward.

Probably a max of 5 coins in total.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:15:57 PM

I have been adquiring many different coins in many different exchanges  to minimize the losses if there is a hack of one of the exchanges. Anyway it is "only" 3000$, but this is all money i have been saving for some time.
I was also thinking about hardware for cold storage, paper wallet... but it is impossible with so many coins.

QTUM LINK IOT XVG NEO PIVX XEM WAVES SNM BNB PAY LSK BTM SAFEX STRAT HVN STX XEL
MTL DNT MAID CND BTS LRC

AEON RAD SHIFT BAT PTOY ADX BAT FUN PLR HMQ NET UIS MBRS 808 SIGT XSPEC EOS SWIFT LBC VOX WINGS MNE OK POSW KMD  FLO SYS MSP QRL HMQ CAT ONION IFT ARDR TKN SC UBQ SNT BQX POE EMB DAR BTA ELIX DRACO MDA ETN

Is funny you put AEON in your risky pat of portfolio. On my opinion AEON is your easiest coin. Just make sure to store it securely and in 2 years you will be able to collect the gains.  Question is if you will want to at all.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

QTUM LINK IOT XVG NEO PIVX XEM WAVES SNM BNB PAY LSK BTM SAFEX STRAT HVN STX XEL
MTL DNT MAID CND BTS LRC

As you can see.. balls of steel.. No BTC or ETH.

Right now, i fucked up with EMB (.. entered FOMO to a huge pump and dump), DRACO (a big scam from Moldavia),.. lessons learned.
SIGT, BTM and MNE have also dropped a lot, but i think they still have a chance of going up. And the rest i think they will recover and bring good profits. Anyway i am for the longterm, but follow it daily just in case there are any big news. Do you think there is any other coin that is going to die should be removed right now to avoid future loses? in that case, please tell me why do you think so.

By the way, the best to follow so much coins is using cryptocompare(dot)com and creating your own portfolio.. I also tried blockfolio but i think it is worse.

Opinions are welcome..but please explain why do you think so, instead of just claiming something without arguments.

Hey! I like how you split the 65% into those coins

Majority of it has really great future which will most likely to get value appreciation time by time.

While from the 35%, IMO Shift, BAT, SIGT, XSPEC, WINGS, POSW, OK, CAT, ARDR, UBQ, SNT is quite a good one

Especially UBIQ, WINGS and BAT. These are the top of the top in each of their categories
Aajo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Where do you keep your coins ?
Do you have 70 wallets?
If not, you do not really own the coins; it´s all about the private key.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:19:38 PM

In the long run these tokens will be more valuable so there will be no difference whether you don't have bitcoin and eth. OP have a lot of ERC tokens which are pretty much going to be useful when the projects are developed and adopted in the future. 70 coins mean you really took these seriously.  Grin NEO is a very good choice.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
ChiNgadOr (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:41:16 PM

Where do you keep your coins ?
Do you have 70 wallets?
If not, you do not really own the coins; it´s all about the private key.

yeahh, most of them in the exchanges.. i have been thinking about a trezor, nano S... but it seems that they only support a few coins.. at least i have seen there is new firmware that makes trezor compatible with all ERC-20 tokens.. so maybe i buy one to give it a try.
btw, where do you store them?¿

bitofc

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:49:29 PM

I think 70 is a lot, I wont be able to watch 30 not to mention 70.
one of the coins might spike over 50% that I don't know, only to realize when it goes back down all the way:)
anonimogmr

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:49:26 PM

Diversification is essential but you exaggerate, you can't track and research all of these coins daily unless you are just buying a small amount of every coin and try to hit the jackpot which usually won't get you far.
Lovetrading

Activity: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:38:08 PM

MTL DNT MAID CND BTS LRC

Is funny you put AEON in your risky pat of portfolio. On my opinion AEON is your easiest coin. Just make sure to store it securely and in 2 years you will be able to collect the gains.  Question is if you will want to at all.

I honestly, I do not know what AEON is doing. I keep scratching my head trying to figure out all the pump to it.
jd8511

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:22:51 AM

that's way too many. how could you have time to watch so many coins? you will probably miss the best time to sell

sexycoin69

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:30:40 AM

Basically gambling that one of these coins will hit eth or higher prices. That being said I like it cause I'm a gambling type of guy  Tongue I used to own 15coins, now I own 6, you may want to downsize just saying.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:34:26 AM

Looking at your capital $3000 that is just 0.5BTC, and having 70 coins it is too much, it is better to scale it down to 20coins for now, because one thing I have learnt in this space is that there will always be opportunity if one take one time reseaching. This space is knowledge based and you should no the reason why you are add a token to your portfolio. Just don't be too greedy looking for all the coins to do 5X, 10X at a go and make sure you adjust your portfolio one every month
ChiNgadOr (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:39:56 AM

that's way too many. how could you have time to watch so many coins? you will probably miss the best time to sell

very easy with my own customized portfolio in cryptocompare.com .. i see the progress of each coin, so i sell/buy when its time for it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: