Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Big Dev Teams Successful??  (Read 536 times)
MoneyTree.social (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:21:17 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 02:42:32 PM by MoneyTree.social

Ok, I will start by stating that we are a 4 person dev/start up team. And compared to the 20+ people in other start up teams competing for ICO money, we might look, well, small. Not too mention all the fancy big names that are on as advisors for the project. I get it, they want to look like they got it all together and are already successful.
But then I think of all the biggest tech corporations all started by 1 or 2 people in their garage or basement or dorm room. I don’t think one of them started with more than 3 people and they surely didn't have a big group of big name advisors backing them. Most entrepreneurs have to fight their way to the top against all odds and that made them strong enough to go on to be in the 10% whose businesses succeed.
They all started with 1 or 2 people with a dream to make something valuable, and I realize we are in good company. That’s us, just like them starting with a dream and a drive to make that dream happen through problem solving, a can do attitude, and a will to not give up no matter what. Yes our little team is in good company.
https://www.moneytree.social/
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:24:28 PM

Ok, I will start by stating that we are a 4 person dev/start up team. And compared to the 20+ people in other start up teams competing for ICO money, we might look, well, small. Not too mention all the fancy big names that are on as advisors for the project. I get it, they want to look like they got it all together and are already successful.
But then I think of all the biggest tech corporations all started by 1 or 2 people in their garage or basement or dorm room. I don’t think one of them started with more than 3 people and they surely didn't have a big group of big name advisors backing them. Most entrepreneurs have to fight their way to the top against all odds with people telling them their idea is stupid or crazy or unworkable. Yet they proved them all wrong and that made them strong enough to go on to be in the 10% whose businesses succeed.
They all started with 1 or 2 people with a dream to make something valuable, and I realize we are in good company. That’s us, just like them starting with a dream and a drive to make that dream happen through problem solving, a can do attitude, and a will to not give up no matter what. Yes our little team is in good company.
https://www.moneytree.social/

If your idea is ground breaking everything will come great in the end. It does not matter in the beginning whether you have 4 people or 100 people working if you can't deliver a product in the end in both examples you will fail.

coincrypto991000

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:27:16 PM

This is a really good point! Thanks for sharing.
btcrost

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:31:48 PM

How big the team or how many the members doesn't give a lot of the successful of the project itself, And i told you about gbyte token which already choose the airdrop method to be the way to distribute the token and that project already started just with a person.

░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███
███▄
████████▄▄
░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀███
░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███████████▀
░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
████
▀▀▀

░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░███
███████████▀
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
.................Crowdsale - Sep 29th..................
BLOG | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | SLACK | WHITEPAPER
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:32:00 PM

you have to be consitently on it, big teams will dissolve themselves with internal arguments if there is no leader in it.

currently many headless big teams like ripple are basically just fullfilling orders like a bunch of zeolots, if they would be out of money they wouldt be able to do anything

they are furthermore extremly uneffective. which is also a sight for short term durability.

regards

MoneyTree.social (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:44:38 PM

How big the team or how many the members doesn't give a lot of the successful of the project itself, And i told you about gbyte token which already choose the airdrop method to be the way to distribute the token and that project already started just with a person.

Exactly. If you look at all the big corporations, not just tech, most were started by 1 person.
rayjellanajao

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Strategist

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:48:35 PM

It's not above how many dev's or how large is the team. The success is always depends on their idea, their effort and how are their motivated to success.  Large team is nothing to the small team but with big courage.
MoneyTree.social (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:56:46 PM

you have to be consitently on it, big teams will dissolve themselves with internal arguments if there is no leader in it.

currently many headless big teams like ripple are basically just fullfilling orders like a bunch of zeolots, if they would be out of money they wouldt be able to do anything

they are furthermore extremly uneffective. which is also a sight for short term durability.

regards

Big clap for your comment. I totally agree. Look at the Tezos fiasco.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:59:09 PM

The answer to your question is Yes, big teams Dev are successful but the success depends on the individual efforts and synergy between each member.

Also, what the project is about is another big determining factor in the success of the team. The project needs to really provide a solution to a problem, not just copy and do slight modification of existing technologies and still offer zero solution.
MoneyTree.social (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 03:18:17 PM

The answer to your question is Yes, big teams Dev are successful but the success depends on the individual efforts and synergy between each member.

Also, what the project is about is another big determining factor in the success of the team. The project needs to really provide a solution to a problem, not just copy and do slight modification of existing technologies and still offer zero solution.

Yes there are some successes but big dev teams goes against the statistics of successful start ups/ companies.
WISDOMSEEKER

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:35:43 PM

I agree with you. well-known devs actually got their best idea done and don't have enthusiasm a new face has.
Ortegazu32

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:46:37 PM

More important than team size is in these days financial background which often makes the difference in making a noise out of the crowd.
Small teams often do not have that.
MoneyTree.social (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 03:50:27 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 04:06:06 PM by MoneyTree.social

More important than team size is in these days financial background which often makes the difference in making a noise out of the crowd.
Small teams often do not have that.

Again, that goes against nearly every successful start up story. Read the start up stories of FB, Twitter, Microsoft, Amazon, Virgin, ect, ect, ect. All were started by 1 or 2 people with a dream and grit to follow it through.
Antonio.s

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:43:59 PM

What you say is true, can't argue with what you're saying is true, but I think the projects with big dev teams wouldn't want to admit it.   good luck on your project. Cool
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:56:44 PM

You have interesting view, I agree with you at all
mR.k0fka

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:10:38 PM

well, if you are idea is good you will do a good work, and other developers will join to you later if needed Smiley
but big development teams are always better, because the coin world changes and they always should keep their product updated and better
shekt4

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:15:36 PM

Success all depends on the activeness of the dev but big teams are most likely to succeed
Cryptoclaus

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:35:02 PM

I remember hearing a radio host talking about ICOs and how there are some real jewels in all of these startup companies.    He described how Apple started so small and how amazing it would have been to be given the ability to be a part of it at that time.   That is what is amazing about ICOs, it gives everyone that ability.   
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:53:46 PM

Quality and Quantity is defferent,
Quality contributes to the result directly, while quantity are more about time spent, efficiency.

If you ask about which is better, I will say the best is a big team size with high quality.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
MoneyTree.social (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 08:57:16 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 09:19:46 PM by MoneyTree.social

I remember hearing a radio host talking about ICOs and how there are some real jewels in all of these startup companies.    He described how Apple started so small and how amazing it would have been to be given the ability to be a part of it at that time.   That is what is amazing about ICOs, it gives everyone that ability.    

I think if you did a study of all the most successful companies you would find that 90% were started by very small teams. Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: