Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:19:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to buy 6 coins, want advice  (Read 2603 times)
Twofaced (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:37:33 PM

Hey, I want to buy six coins. GNT, BAT, CVC, SYS, STORJ and WINGS. I have few questions. Im going to buy them all through coinbase/bittrex but my question is where should I store them? Also would anyone advice me to NOT buy any of the coins? Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:45:28 PM

Well regarding the point where to store I can just tell you store them in the wallets belonging to the coins and not in an exchange.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:00:41 PM

You have a good choice. You can buy this 6 coins and invest in it ...  4% of your money to each and  75 percent for BTC.
As you have only 25% in it you can store it  even at bittrex.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:02:30 PM

Hey, I want to buy six coins. GNT, BAT, CVC, SYS, STORJ and WINGS. I have few questions. Im going to buy them all through coinbase/bittrex but my question is where should I store them? Also would anyone advice me to NOT buy any of the coins? Thanks

Store them in the my ether wallet. You can send any kind of coins or tokens there. If you don’t find your coin or token there then can add it manually. You can hit the add custom button at the right down side of my ether wallet. The reason you should keep your coins on mew is because you can hold the private keys of mew which means it is in full control of your own. In any case nobody will be able to access the assets that you hold and not even mew themselves.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:02:39 PM

Some of them are ethereum based ERC20 tokens. You can keep them in myetherwallet. For the others i advise you to install their own wallet announced in their official websites. Do not keep them in exchanges. Exchanges are always risky.
Howtrain

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:13:11 PM

As others have said, myetherwallet is great for storage. It's a bit of a pain to understand at first though - you might want to have a practice wallet initially before you put all of your coins in, as you don't want to lose them by mistake.
Twofaced (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:39:09 PM

Store them in the my ether wallet. You can send any kind of coins or tokens there. If you don’t find your coin or token there then can add it manually. You can hit the add custom button at the right down side of my ether wallet. The reason you should keep your coins on mew is because you can hold the private keys of mew which means it is in full control of your own. In any case nobody will be able to access the assets that you hold and not even mew themselves.
Thanks

Some of them are ethereum based ERC20 tokens. You can keep them in myetherwallet. For the others i advise you to install their own wallet announced in their official websites. Do not keep them in exchanges. Exchanges are always risky.
Does every altcoin has their own wallet?

Whatever you do don't buy WINGS. I own some and let me tell you: it's a complete piece of shit.
Could you elaborate more about wings?
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:41:03 PM

1. Lykke
2. Ethereum
3. Dash
4. Neo
5. Sia
6. Monero

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:50:01 PM

You have a good choice. You can buy this 6 coins and invest in it ...  4% of your money to each and  75 percent for BTC.

That is very vague statement. How can you say 25% to be 'only' if someone planning to invest 10 BTC. Honestly for me, losing 25% of my investment out of nothing will be a huge blow.
Now coming to the risk of storing money on exchanges. Most of the exchanges aren't risky because they gonna turn scam. It isn't happen normally that an exchange goes scam overnight. But the real risk is on personal level. An exchange can ban your account without any notice or warning giving you any excuse from its long Terms & Conditions sheet and you can't do anything. So as far as you comply to all rules of an exchange and use big exchange, you are safe.
h4yfans

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

1) BTC -> Because there is one king and it is BTC
2) ETH ->  ETH has a giant network and it is getting bigger and bigger. I think we will see ETH > BTC
3) DASH -> Promising privacy coin
4) XRP -> If they succeed the banking stuff will unstoppable
5) OMG -> New coin and promising. Price is low.
6) NEO -> Because China.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:57:18 PM

Keep them in their respective wallets if you are gonna invest in them for a long term. Don't leave your coins in an exchange, it is never safe in there. Myetherewallet can be a good choice as well, just make sure to secure its private keys.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:02:25 PM

I would recommend TAAS as well, it's price is always steadily rising as BTC rises and it gives a quarterly dividend in ETHEREUM to all TAAS token holders. There are only I think 8 million TAAS tokens and so they are becoming one of those valuable coins to store over time. TAAS is the biggest crypto hedge fund there is and they are going to incorporate KEPLER technology as well.. Check out also PROOF. ICO opening soon and they are also working with TAAS on many levels. I also like JANUS, COSS AND CENTRA for long term good holds that all will give revenues to token holders. I like revenue generating coins myself to be honest.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:05:51 PM

1) Ark
2) Etherium
3) Waves
4) IOTA
5) Lisk
6) Qtum

pscmanila

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:10:37 PM

prioritize lisk man rebranding and SDK release coming. price will surge if this to things happen this q4 2017
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:15:49 PM

I may not be knowledgeable in everything but Sys is good as right now it is at supporting price. It can go much lower. The team is quite active and there is a lot of projects coming up. It is quite sad that during the fud, the sys team actually come out with the wallet but the price drop instead.

Moz90

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:21:31 PM

Always keep your coins in wallets to make sure they are secure. Do not keep them in the exchange, and always keep your private key to yourself.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:29:31 PM

That is very vague statement. How can you say 25% to be 'only' if someone planning to invest 10 BTC. Honestly for me, losing 25% of my investment out of nothing will be a huge blow.
Now coming to the risk of storing money on exchanges. Most of the exchanges aren't risky because they gonna turn scam. It isn't happen normally that an exchange goes scam overnight. But the real risk is on personal level. An exchange can ban your account without any notice or warning giving you any excuse from its long Terms & Conditions sheet and you can't do anything. So as far as you comply to all rules of an exchange and use big exchange, you are safe.

Agree with you, that better to store coins at their own wallet. But if you don't want to download different wallets to your PC, you will store part of coins at exchanges.
ERC-20 tokens should be at MEW or something like it. But the rest of it on exchanges
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:32:19 PM

Most of the altcoins you plan to buy can be stored on Myetherwallet because they are integrated from the ERC20.
The SYS project has its own wallet used on their platform and you can go to the project website and download the wallet to store the coins.

Twofaced (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:42:06 PM

I will look into the MEW. thanks to all
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:49:24 PM

obviously anything in the top 10 is a solid investment for long term hodling and there are some newish coins which seem to have a good backing and seem positive like OMG,Zcash,qtum and of course I have to mention Electroneum, this currently has a very positive following.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: