Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:51:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoingold ??  (Read 863 times)
Lordshiva (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 126

Welcome back 🙏

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

Hello there I have 0.4 bitcoins in my electrum wallet right now.... how can I get the bitcoingold airdrop from that

nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:17:06 PM

Hello there I have 0.4 bitcoins in my electrum wallet right now.... how can I get the bitcoingold airdrop from that
Just hold your bitcoins on a wallet that you hold the private key and since you are using electrum just wait for a wallet that supports bitcoin gold to be able to move it. If you have bitcoins on exchanges that supports it it will automatically credited to your account.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:19:19 PM

It is easy for you. Just keep holding those coins. When there will bitcoin gold wallet you will try to open up your private key on it. It will show your bitcoin gold that you can use.
For your safety you may carry your bitcoin to another adress before using private key AFTER fork is completed.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 03:20:29 PM

You did it right

Just hold the bitcoin in your electrum wallet, don't hold it in exchange/online wallet because majority of them don't provide you the private key of your wallet.

Hold it in wallet that you had access to private key Smiley
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:28:11 PM

Just like I did when I have my own BCH, I just keep in my local exchanger.
I'm heard that yobit and bittrex will support BTG so you can try to move some bits into those exchanger , of course with your own risk.
webvn2k

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:31:08 PM

i see on yobit exchange have support bitcoin gold , you can send your bitcoin to yobit exchange

i think you can get bitcoin gold , but 23-10-2017 yobit disable  withdraw and deposit  bitcoin ,hurry up
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:34:11 PM

BitcoinGold isn't airdrop, it is rather a hard fork.
Don't think any institution or company gonna fill your address with those tokens. It will automatically be credited to your address. But if you wanna access your tokens, you must have private keys of your address.
As you have BTC in Electrum, do make new wallet on Electrum and send your Bitcoins there before fork. Once fork over, your new wallet will have both BTC and BTG. Now firstly send Bitcoins back to your old wallet and then use private keys of new wallet in BTG wallet to access your BTG. That's it.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:34:18 PM

Just keep the 0.4 bitcoins in the electrum wallet and you should be fine. When a stable wallet comes around the corner that supports bitcoin gold you will be able to access your bitcoin gold by importing your private keys. And of course you can decide what you will do with your free bitcoin gold from there.
Just to be safe I would recommend sending your normal bitcoin to another address before importing your private keys into the bitcoin gold wallet. Better safe than sorry, it might save you 2.3 grant.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:41:26 PM

As mentioned above, probably the easiest way for everyone is to send bitcoins to exchange which will support bitcoingold and give you coins as it was the easiest way with bitcoincash. I got bitcoincash from yobit, exchanged them back to bitcoin and withdraw, although some could say yobit isn't exchange which can be trusted  Undecided
joshmontford

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:44:54 PM

if you have 0,4 btc, can you still get btg? isn't it mandatory to have at least 1 btc?

hyperdak

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:51:18 PM

user will got new btg on btg wallet auto when the fork begin on btc blockchain.
bonghip

Activity: 174

bông

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:52:52 PM

Very simple. You only need to hold Btc in your wallet until October 25th; By November 1 you will receive a BTG in your wallet with 1 BTC: 1 BTG. Ok. Wait.
You can also keep them in poloniex, bittrex, ... just have BTC.

PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:20:39 PM

To my knowledge, at present, all information about receiving Bitcoin Gold is still unclear. Hardfork has a few more days to come, so we have to wait until then to know exactly. But you peace of mind, you use the Electrum purse is a good choice, the great possibility is that Electrum will also support Bitcoin Gold after it was born. It is now time to keep your private key and Bitcoin number very careful, do not let anyone know that, it will be needed for receiving Bitcoin Gold.
Lordshiva (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 126

Welcome back 🙏

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:26:46 PM

thanks for all the responses...one more question now...how much bitcoingold will i get

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:12:35 PM

Bitfinex and yobit say they will hold BitcoinGold. Have not heard that you need to hold at least 1bitcoin to get similar in bitcoigold.
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:03:43 PM

if you have 0,4 btc, can you still get btg? isn't it mandatory to have at least 1 btc?

No, the blockchain cares not - you just get 1:1.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

brownie_something

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:32:58 PM

Very simple. You only need to hold Btc in your wallet until October 25th; By November 1 you will receive a BTG in your wallet with 1 BTC: 1 BTG. Ok. Wait.
You can also keep them in poloniex, bittrex, ... just have BTC.
Hi, i have my bitcoins on a blockchain wallet, what must happen for me to receive BTG?

▬▬▬ ● DIMCOIN ● The Future of Equity on The Blockchain ● ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ❱❱ Tomorrow. Today. ❱❱ ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ (http://dimcoin.io)
krypt0n1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:43:16 PM

Just make sure your BTC is in a wallet where you hold your private keys. Even if the wallet doesn't support the fork, you will still be able to obtain BTG by transferring to a wallet that does support the fork.

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:44:56 PM

thanks for all the responses...one more question now...how much bitcoingold will i get
You will get exactly what you have stored in your wallet. In your case, 0.4 BTC is stored on electrum wallet and you will get 0.4 BTG after the hard fork. It will neither increase nor decrease in amount unless there will be a transaction on the btc address where you hold your bitcoin now. If you will spend some, you will get less and if you add more btc, you will get more. It works by giving everyone who have bitcoin now with 1:1 ratio ending with users having the same amount of btc on the two blockchains.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:53:59 PM

There is no Bitcoin Gold airdrop. It is not an airdrop that they are doing. It will be done like Bitcoin Cash. Where are you storing your Bitcoins right now? The exchanges that committed to give away free Bitcoin Gold include Bittrex, Yobit, HitBTC, Kraken, and some others that I have yet to hear. But in Bittrex, deposits and withdrawals involving Bitcoin are not allowed anymore. So you better try the other exchanges mentioned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: