Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cannot get 5850 to mine at all  (Read 820 times)
Stuzul (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:47:18 PM

Hey, having trouble getting my 5850 to mine. ive posted in the mining software section and realised it was the wrong one.

i have using cgminer and guiminer in 11.11 multiple times, however my drivers seem to crash, as i cant open GOM player or do anything like that. I get guminer opening int he taskbar and closing whenever i try to open it, and cgminer comes up with an error when i open it

in the latest (13.4) i get the 'verification failed, check hardware!' error, which from what ive read, is a problem related to new drivers not workign well with older cards

not sure where to go from here to get my cards mining. i think i am possibly uninstalling the drivers, im following this instruction file and then using driver weeper in safe mode

any help or suggestions as to how to get my cards mining would be greatly appreciated Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:10:35 PM

What OS are you trying to use?

Is this a lone 5850 or are there other GPU's as well in this system?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Stuzul (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:35:55 PM

trying to get it to mine with 1 5580, but i have 3 others that i will use as well once i get one working. im using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit because im using itas an everyday computer as well
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:02:10 PM

trying to get it to mine with 1 5580, but i have 3 others that i will use as well once i get one working. im using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit because im using itas an everyday computer as well

Well the combination that I am using with my 5xxx GPU's is Catalyst 12.1 and SDK 2.5 with Win7 32bit.

Make sure you have all old AMD drivers completely uninstalled and removed.

Do a selective/Advanced install of 12.1 and DO NOT install the OpenCL SDK/Runtime 2.6+ that came with it.

Then install OpenCL SDK 2.5 then try running with stock clocks and see if it mines.  If not then shut down and replace the card with one of your others and see if that works.  Maybe you have a bad card(s)?
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Stuzul (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

Well the combination that I am using with my 5xxx GPU's is Catalyst 12.1 and SDK 2.5 with Win7 32bit.

Make sure you have all old AMD drivers completely uninstalled and removed.

Do a selective/Advanced install of 12.1 and DO NOT install the OpenCL SDK/Runtime 2.6+ that came with it.

Then install OpenCL SDK 2.5 then try running with stock clocks and see if it mines.  If not then shut down and replace the card with one of your others and see if that works.  Maybe you have a bad card(s)?
Sam

ok, thanks for the advice. ill do that now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: