Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should I invest my BTC  (Read 2169 times)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:03:10 PM

Thanks Will check it out!

Invest in a ASIC

Where could I do this and why ASIC?

it is way to late to get in onthe ASIC games. by the time you recieved your machine you would be behind the curve and you would be unlikely to return on your investment.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
YacLives

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:11:04 PM

Hey everyone,

I have around 15 bitcoins and I am wondering where I should Invest them. I purchased some shares from https://www.havelockinvestments.com Any other sites where I could invest my bitcoins?

Study some sites like http://bter.com and you can buy some YAC its been very stable and hasn't exploded yet.

I guess its just waiting on some more people to become interested in developing it more but has lacked that because the GPU ASIC FPGA farmers wont touch it with a stick because they cant point their rigs at it and thats why no speculators see it cause no one is talking about it but im sure it will change one day its only a month old so watch it it is a CPU focused networking secured currency averaging about 60mhs a day in network hashing
Max Kagan

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:14:59 PM

what makes coinlenders the better option?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:16:36 PM

Those of you with havelock... have you been doing alright with them? I just looked over their financials and they are losing more and more every quarter. They're down to a quarter (no pun intended) of where they were last year.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
kosmokramer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:17:01 PM

it is way to late to get in onthe ASIC games. by the time you recieved your machine you would be behind the curve and you would be unlikely to return on your investment.
While that's true for most distributors, I'm an exception! I have ASICs in-stock and, last week, was able to get them in some customer's hands as early as the next day (although average with USPS is two days).

I guarantee you if you want an ASIC, I can ship it out to you tomorrow morning. Recent feedback: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=54472

Either way - best wishes with your investment - exciting times!! I'm biased because I'm selling the hardware, but I think the tangible investment of bitcoin mining is fantastic - it's like you own a little mint Smiley

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:18:19 PM

Those of you with havelock... have you been doing alright with them? I just looked over their financials and they are losing more and more every quarter. They're down to a quarter (no pun intended) of where they were last year.
I guess it's the perfect time to stop putting money into it, huh?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:19:25 PM

While that's true for most distributors, I'm an exception! I have ASICs in-stock and, last week, was able to get them in some customer's hands as early as the next day (although average with USPS is two days).

I guarantee you if you want an ASIC, I can ship it out to you tomorrow morning. Recent feedback: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=54472

Either way - best wishes with your investment - exciting times!! I'm biased because I'm selling the hardware, but I think the tangible investment of bitcoin mining is fantastic - it's like you own a little mint Smiley

Ok, i was unaware of your service. just trying to prevent a newbie from getting screwed out of his btc.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
J35st3r

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:23:07 PM

Ok, i was unaware of your service. just trying to prevent a newbie from getting screwed out of his btc.

But they are a bit on the expensive side. OK if you've done the math and are happy with the results, but I do caution that they are not a magic money tree. Caclulate here http://www.coinish.com/calc/ (expert mode shows estimated payback including difficulty increase).

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
kosmokramer

Activity: 266

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:52:02 PM

But they are a bit on the expensive side. OK if you've done the math and are happy with the results, but I do caution that they are not a magic money tree.
We can agree that they are not a magic money tree Smiley
"expensive" is relative. I have yet to find anyone else willing to ship same-day (i.e. non-group-buy) that can beat my price. In fact, most on BitMit/eBay are DOUBLE my price ... and they still sell! I've been damn tempted to raise my prices but I believe in a greater good - in something more than just making a quick buck and disappearing. Hopefully my actions have shown that!

Also, other than AM Block Erupter blades (which may be more efficient, but even just one is out of most price ranges, as is clearly the case for the OP), I can't think of a single other ASIC that is shipping (defined as: you pay and have it before difficulty changes!). So when people say these are expensive, I always ask "show me another apple to compare it to" and they really can't. It's different than stocks or preorders, it's a tangible good that you can plug in and mine with!

I view them as springboards ... launching users into the rabbit hole we call bitcoin mining! Small price to pay to gain that interest and experience!

TL:DR - I don't know what he envisions his investment will look like. If he envisions it as a learning experience with hands on activity rather than buying some shares and sitting back, I can't imagine a better option than these erupters. And I'd be happy to help him get there (or there are group buys, ebay, bitmit, etc).

I really am glad there are senior members around here though to advise newer users - so many scammers running rampant - turns my stomach.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
J35st3r

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:11:38 PM

TL:DR - I don't know what he envisions his investment will look like. If he envisions it as a learning experience with hands on activity rather than buying some shares and sitting back, I can't imagine a better option than these erupters. And I'd be happy to help him get there (or there are group buys, ebay, bitmit, etc).

I really am glad there are senior members around here though to advise newer users - so many scammers running rampant - turns my stomach.

Yeah, I didn't want to dis your efforts, you're performing a great service, and if Block Erupters are what people really want, then who am I to dissuade them? But this is the newbie board, so I like to educate them a bit about ROI, difficulty etc. Its probably because I'm a newbie here myself, just a week old, I've been a bit prolific on my posting  Roll Eyes

Anyway good luck, you should have no problem getting plenty of orders, in spite of my efforts to give newbies pause for thought  Wink

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
enigmazr

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:33:00 PM

Personally, I have diversified my investments in start-ups, mining shares, and mining hardware.  I did some math this morning and discovered that my mining shares are almost exactly on par with my hardware investments (Original purchase ~2.25BTC w/ equivalent daily ROI).  However, I find that the two erupters I purchased have been the most intellectually fulfilling.  I wanted to get into mining, but the pre-order scams are daunting and single CPU/GPU mining is not profitable.  It was certainly fun to learn more about mining and the purchase of the hardware provided the impetus for me to do so.
ropavaje

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:54:39 PM

if i had 15BTC i invest in ASIC
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:06:25 PM

mining shares, because ordering ASIC does not work
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

I'm wondering about the feasibility of ASIC shares now though as well. Most of them, at today's rate/ROI would take 3 years or more to get back the investment. Of course if their hash rates go up that speeds up ROI but difficulty still plays a huge role.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Axiom

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:05:59 PM

Thanks Will check it out!

Invest in a ASIC

Where could I do this and why ASIC?

You can purchase shares or you can buy a ASIC miner. However, it's a very risky investment.
Nah. They seem to be pretty stable. It would be a great investment.
Axiom

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:06:26 PM

Heh. Yep.
lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 02:35:15 PM

Difference between "losing" and "expenses" - we're making a lot of capital investments in new equipment (using retained earnings from earlier months), so our net profit/loss might be negative in recent months, but once this equipment comes online, we'll be generating significantly more.  We have over 2TH on pre-order.

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:42:33 PM

Difference between "losing" and "expenses" - we're making a lot of capital investments in new equipment (using retained earnings from earlier months), so our net profit/loss might be negative in recent months, but once this equipment comes online, we'll be generating significantly more.  We have over 2TH on pre-order.

Hmm, here's what I made my statement based on:

Assets (Total):

09/30/12 - 1071.6132
12/31/12 - 1597.5555
03/30/13 - 463.7322

Furthermore, you said there's a lot on preorder. Here's a statement for that one:

Mining Equipment:

09/30/12 - 1708.8608
12/31/12 - 1107.6923
03/30/13 - 98.8235

Please clarify what I'm misunderstanding?

lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 02:56:45 PM

Difference between "losing" and "expenses" - we're making a lot of capital investments in new equipment (using retained earnings from earlier months), so our net profit/loss might be negative in recent months, but once this equipment comes online, we'll be generating significantly more.  We have over 2TH on pre-order.

Assets (Total):

09/30/12 - 1071.6132
12/31/12 - 1597.5555
03/30/13 - 463.7322

Furthermore, you said there's a lot on preorder. Here's a statement for that one:

Mining Equipment:

09/30/12 - 1708.8608
12/31/12 - 1107.6923
03/30/13 - 98.8235

Mining Assets are based on CAD valuation, converted to BTC at the time of the statement.

Q2-2012 - 708 @ $12/btc ~= $8k
Q3-2012 - 1107 @ $13/btc ~= $14k
Q1-2013 - 98 @ $170/btc ~= $17k

Total assets (mining equip + retained earnings in bitcoins)

Q2-2012 - 1071 @ $12/btc ~= $13k
Q3-2012 - 1597 @ $13/btc ~= $21k
Q1-2013 - 463 @ $170/btc ~=$78k

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:59:13 PM

Assets (Total):

09/30/12 - 1071.6132
12/31/12 - 1597.5555
03/30/13 - 463.7322

Mining Equipment:

09/30/12 - 1708.8608
12/31/12 - 1107.6923
03/30/13 - 98.8235

Mining Assets are based on CAD valuation, converted to BTC at the time of the statement.

Q2-2012 - 708 @ $12/btc ~= $8k
Q3-2012 - 1107 @ $13/btc ~= $14k
Q1-2013 - 98 @ $170/btc ~= $17k

Total assets (mining equip + retained earnings in bitcoins)

Q2-2012 - 1071 @ $12/btc ~= $13k
Q3-2012 - 1597 @ $13/btc ~= $21k
Q1-2013 - 463 @ $170/btc ~=$78k

You should add a note to help make that more clear, Smiley.

That's awesome news though! Thanks for coming here to explain this!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: