Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should I invest my BTC  (Read 2169 times)
Philogus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:58:55 AM

Those of you with havelock... have you been doing alright with them? I just looked over their financials and they are losing more and more every quarter. They're down to a quarter (no pun intended) of where they were last year.

Havelock has done a couple of 10:1 stock splits. That's why the price is "down". The actual price is way up. I remember when Havelock shares were less than 10 BTC each. Then, they rose to over ten, about 15 BTC or so, and then they did a 10:1 split down to 1.5 BTC. Then, they rose to about 3 BTC each, and they did another 10:1 split down to 0.3 BTC apiece.

To make a long story short, If you had bought shares when Havelock first started, you would have more than tripled your BTC in about a year. I think that the only stock on Havelock that's down is SDICE. ASICM, HIM, and VTX are all way up. Havelock Investments is the Berkshire Hathaway of Bitcoin investing.
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 10:32:46 AM

Businesses in bitcoin will always get you the biggest ROI....

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:03:44 AM

Those of you with havelock... have you been doing alright with them? I just looked over their financials and they are losing more and more every quarter. They're down to a quarter (no pun intended) of where they were last year.

Havelock has done a couple of 10:1 stock splits. That's why the price is "down". The actual price is way up. I remember when Havelock shares were less than 10 BTC each. Then, they rose to over ten, about 15 BTC or so, and then they did a 10:1 split down to 1.5 BTC. Then, they rose to about 3 BTC each, and they did another 10:1 split down to 0.3 BTC apiece.

To make a long story short, If you had bought shares when Havelock first started, you would have more than tripled your BTC in about a year. I think that the only stock on Havelock that's down is SDICE. ASICM, HIM, and VTX are all way up. Havelock Investments is the Berkshire Hathaway of Bitcoin investing.

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of the splits either. Is there any information that helps give a timeline of these things?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:06:20 PM

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of the splits either. Is there any information that helps give a timeline of these things?

The splits are indicated in both the updates tab, as we'll as annotations on the price graph (charts tab)

The graph is adjusted so the splits don't make the graph crazy. (Historical data pre-split was adjusted to show post-split values for unit volume and price)

1 unit was ~ $22 when we launched and would now be 100 units worth $30 each.

$100 invested at launch would be worth over $13000 today. (A lot of that is due to btc appreciation a well)

Cheers,
James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:56:54 PM

The splits are indicated in both the updates tab, as we'll as annotations on the price graph (charts tab)

The graph is adjusted so the splits don't make the graph crazy. (Historical data pre-split was adjusted to show post-split values for unit volume and price)

$100 invested at launch would be worth over $13000 today. (A lot of that is due to btc appreciation a well)

Cheers,
James

Wow, that's awesome! I'm pretty new to stocks so hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid but... what determines when the stocks split again?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
robert5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:03:14 AM

Invest in a ASIC

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:10:44 AM

Invest them into buying into managed mining, it beats the costs of buying and waiting for miners. http://www.Reservebit.com sells plans!

Seems legit. "Give us $1000 and we'll give you $4000+ at the end of the month!" Really?

nicksmith

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:21:06 AM

Put them under your pillow!

Great merged mining BTC pool at http://mmpool.bitparking.com/ my monitor site for it http://bitmonitor.usr.io/
Play on cex http://cex.usr.io my cex Android app http://cexapp.usr.io
bitpower

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 12:32:57 AM

invest in BTC (asic), LTC (gpu) and maybe YAC (cpu).. in my opininon these are the curencies that might explode Smiley

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:38:08 AM

invest in BTC (asic), LTC (gpu) and maybe YAC (cpu).. in my opininon these are the curencies that might explode Smiley

YAC doesn't have enough of a community behind it right now I don't think. While it's somewhat innovative, it takes a lot more than that to make the currency valuable.

Kiders

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:39:01 AM

anyone have experience with btct.co and could help out with some information on it , some guides or info?
skywalk

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:52:45 AM

You can earn money or btc in many different way in this market.

- Buy BTC at low price and keep until price is very high and sell. (Medium profit, slow investment, low risk)
- Buy BTC and wait for price to go up and sell. Wait until price go down and buy back, repeat (Low profit, fast investment, medium risk)
- Buy Alternate Crypto (LTC, NMC, NVC, FTC, CNC, ...) and hope they go up and sell, repeat (High profit, unstable investment, high risk)
- Buy trading bot and hope you dont get scammed/hacked (Medium profit, fast investment, high risk)
- Buy share in a mining service (Asicminer,havelockinvestment, etc) (Low profit, slow investment, low to medium risk, ROI)
- Buy FPGA/Asic miner hardware (Avalon, Asicminer, BFL, kncminer, ...) (Medium-High profit, low-high investment, low-high risk, ROI)
- Buy Computer + GPU (Bitcoin mining rig)  to mine Bitcoins or other alternate crypto (Low profit, slow-medium investment, medium-high risk)
- Sell Mining rig, or resell asic mining hardware (High profit, fast investment, low-high risk)
- Sell website services, exchange site, etc, hardware (Low-very high profit, slow-fast investment, low-high risk)

Have fun.
lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 01:56:36 AM

Cheers,
James

Wow, that's awesome! I'm pretty new to stocks so hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid but... what determines when the stocks split again?

We split the stock because the value kept growing to the point that it was cost prohibitive for a single person to invest.   If we hadnt split the stocks, a single share right now would be worth 31BTC, or over $3000.

Our goal when we launched was a price around $20-$50, when we grew to over $300, we split 1:10, then when we grew to over $300 again, we did another 1:10, bringing the price per share back down to the target range.

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:59:13 AM

Cheers,
James

We split the stock because the value kept growing to the point that it was cost prohibitive for a single person to invest.   If we hadnt split the stocks, a single share right now would be worth 31BTC, or over $3000.

Our goal when we launched was a price around $20-$50, when we grew to over $300, we split 1:10, then when we grew to over $300 again, we did another 1:10, bringing the price per share back down to the target range.

Ahh, I see now. Thanks for clarifying that, Smiley. So basically it's based on how high the price goes.

jpmi1 (OP)

Activity: 214

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:27:52 AM

I personally Have been doing fine I through 3 btc and have almost made .6 btc from investing a couple of days after the asic share went public.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: