Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to bring in the kids?  (Read 540 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:21:30 PM

For the future of Cryptocurrency to be bright, kids (age 5—21) need to be attracted too. I have gone through the various Crypto products and found out that none are kid-friendly.
Crypto developers seem not to have realized that kids, aside advertisements make great products popular.

The Crypto world is a bit harsh and unwelcoming. People really need to feel at home here. Why not we begin to add features that kids can't do without.. features such as chats, social media, Instagram-like pics sharing service,  gaming, Free storage for videos/pics/audios, free audio/video calls, Appstore, Books center, Creativity center, Biz center, and make them mobile friendly. A company could create a beautiful Platform where it brings together different Altcoins that provide those services  Or just create the services itself. An Altcoin like Decent has similar concept but its list of services are few. Steemit also did a little in this area but its features can be boring to kids. {Important:  I wish Steemit could turn off that earning sections below posts that show how much dollars people are earning. That feature should be confined to Steemit wallets or be optional...it's a BIG distraction and very unprofessional in my opinion. If you're part of steemit developers please do something about this}

Believe it or not, kids have a way of adding fun to things. They are very loyal to what they enjoy whether those things make them money or not. Time to draw them close to the crypto World and watch them make crypto great.
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:26:37 PM

For the future of Cryptocurrency to be bright, kids (age 5—21) need to be attracted too. I have gone through the various Crypto products and found out that none are kid-friendly.
Crypto developers seem not to have realized that kids, aside advertisements make great products popular.

The Crypto world is a bit harsh and unwelcoming. People really need to feel at home here. Why not we begin to add features that kids can't do without.. features such as chats, social media, Instagram-like pics sharing service,  gaming, Free storage for videos/pics/audios, free audio/video calls, Appstore, Books center, Creativity center, Biz center, and make them mobile friendly. A company could create a beautiful Platform where it brings together different Altcoins that provide those services  Or just create the services itself. An Altcoin like Decent has similar concept but its list of services are few. Steemit also did a little in this area but its features can be boring to kids. {Important:  I wish Steemit could turn off that earning sections below posts that show how much dollars people are earning. That feature should be confined to Steemit wallets or be optional...it's a BIG distraction and very unprofessional in my opinion. If you're part of steemit developers please do something about this}

Believe it or not, kids have a way of adding fun to things. They are very loyal to what they enjoy whether those things make them money or not. Time to draw them close to the crypto World and watch them make crypto great.

there is a facebook like blockchained powered website called investfeed. It's easy to use and tends to be the facebook of the crypto world. Kids can use it if it was ever marketed to that part of the society. Your point of view is true, however there are not a lot of applications for kid friendly ideas to be powered by a blockchain. Maybe in the future a smart person will invent something like a blockchain find your toy app Smiley

Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:38:30 PM

there is a facebook like blockchained powered website called investfeed. It's easy to use and tends to be the facebook of the crypto world. Kids can use it if it was ever marketed to that part of the society. Your point of view is true, however there are not a lot of applications for kid friendly ideas to be powered by a blockchain. Maybe in the future a smart person will invent something like a blockchain find your toy app Smiley

Just gone through the Investfeed.. seems to be available only on App(like no web version?).
The concept is OK but sounds technical unfortunately.
Cryptocurrency/Blockchain shouldn't be always technical. Should be a World of its own with diverse activities.
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

Immediately need a new fork - Bitcoin KIDS Grin

Yanidas

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

The swarm is headed towards us.

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:32:32 AM

Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, Bitcoin is forking again  Grin Grin
ICOGuide

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:38:43 AM

I agree with what you have to say. However, making this happen is very difficult because the general public tend to disregard the inherent value in blockchain technology and only know about bitcoin through major media channels.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:01:15 PM

Yes that is a very good website and many knowledge about crypto could be learned there. Well, as much as I know kids are really adaptive in terms of what they really want to know and perhaps even if they do engage in the crypto world they can easily adapt through it in time. So, I think it would be a nice idea that this kids of modern era would be attracted to the brightness of the cryptocurrency future. If there would be an app that could be used by children I think it would be better if it is a user-friendly app that is also engaging on the part of kids for them to learn easily too. Hope that many people realize the better future it could bring if we involved ourselves to crypto and blockchain world.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:22:42 PM

I think its time to get the kids away from crypto to get some real investors into the boat! A lot of kids will abuse crypto with their scammy projects.
bustomi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:30:31 PM

such a great idea, as long as we know that kids not really concern about money, maybe our creativity will increase if we bring the kids beside us, or we can use them for our inspiration, also teach them about cryptocurrency world so we don't need to worry about our asset in the future Grin
ValoremFoundation

Activity: 383

Valorem Foundation

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:57:28 PM

The Crypto world is a bit harsh and unwelcoming. People really need to feel at home here. Why not we begin to add features that kids can't do without.. features such as chats, social media, Instagram-like pics sharing service,  gaming, Free storage for videos/pics/audios, free audio/video calls, Appstore, Books center, Creativity center, Biz center, and make them mobile friendly. A company could create a beautiful Platform where it brings together different Altcoins that provide those services  Or just create the services itself. An Altcoin like Decent has similar concept but its list of services are few. Steemit also did a little in this area but its features can be boring to kids. {Important:  I wish Steemit could turn off that earning sections below posts that show how much dollars people are earning. That feature should be confined to Steemit wallets or be optional...it's a BIG distraction and very unprofessional in my opinion. If you're part of steemit developers please do something about this}

At the moment crypto is not ready for kids. It's a clogged, and defective system that needs to shake itself out. When the dotcom bubble burst those tools were not kid friendly either. The sharp edges need dulling and straightening before kids can participate. Don't worry, I have a feeling they will find out about it themselves. After all it's not what you say and what they see.

¯  ¯   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ¯  ¯
www.AdValorem.io
Building a Reserve Lending platform for Multi-Party transactions across Various Industries.
|| Facebook || Twitter || Slack || Medium || Telegram || Reddit || Github
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:15:49 PM

It is good that if you can involve the kids  to the new technology. Unfortunately it is not yet designed that way, many adults still have a hard time understanding it. If majority of adults already understand it, it would be easy for the kids to learn it.
Erowind

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:19:33 PM

I guess to you I'm a kid (I'm 19 years old.) I've mentioned crypto in passing to my friends but so far only one has taken interest, he's the most IT oriented and got interested after seeing how much I've made in this bull run. You're right though, if we could somehow make crypto mainstream in youth culture it would be a boon, I suggest a relentless meme campaign Cheesy

Can't snort crack through a rolled up bitcoin Wink
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:17:44 AM

that would be great as kids have some sort of special creativity from their own perspective

Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 298

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:27:45 AM

I'd rather call it the blockchain technology and yes, it's all coming. It's just initial phase and there need to be a lot of development but we already have some blockchain based chat, social network, photo sharing, etc.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:30:29 AM

Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, Bitcoin is forking again  Grin Grin
Bitcoin Kids will be the most successfull ICO in the world if it happen  Cheesy
maybe only a child with a very high IQ who will be interested we teach Bitcoin,
at this moments is very difficult for us to teach Bitcoin to adults..

gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:30:48 AM

it is very difficult to predict a child at age of 5 ~ 14 years, formation child perspective or mind, present in environment. matter covering child's environment is very broad, policy-making child must be psychological, perhaps give knowledge history & meaning crypto, i think facilitate children at alater age. while children at age 15 ~ 21 like to look for something new, and best segment for the introduction cryptocurrency.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:36:34 AM

That is right. It is good to teach kids how to invest and save money for the future. But this will be done in different approaches that would perfectly suit their mindset and age. You are saying 5-21 years old children. Cypto investment may be taught to as young as 13 years old children but to those very young ones such as the 5 years old children, you only have to playfully and gamely inculcate to their minds that if you set aside some savings you can buy the things that you want in the coming days or weeks such as toys.
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:00:27 AM

i would teach mine if i got one. i think its a good knowledge for them, and good for their future self. i wonder what would be happen in the future and what kind of technology that we should understand. thats ehy we should up to date and teach our next generation about something that might usefull for them to survive in the future.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 01:09:40 AM

I guess to you I'm a kid (I'm 19 years old.) I've mentioned crypto in passing to my friends but so far only one has taken interest, he's the most IT oriented and got interested after seeing how much I've made in this bull run. You're right though, if we could somehow make crypto mainstream in youth culture it would be a boon, I suggest a relentless meme campaign Cheesy

Memecoin - 2018s Biggest ICO
To the MOON!

bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:27:38 AM

That actually would be a great idea for an ICO. Something like a educational-gaming platform that teaches kids how the crypto-world works and also, maybe, help them to earn money.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: