Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you sell the altcoins gained from bounty programs  (Read 1013 times)
Mysterious01

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:59:24 AM

We have seen coins prices crash extremely fast when the enter an exchange. I have seen in telegram, that people are shouting why would some people sell fast?

Is this happening from bounty hunters? Are you doing it? Have you sold tokens, once the entered exchange platforms?

I will update the 1st post as the results come in!

Results:
Mallingo98:       Sells ASAP
tha2er99:          HODL
tora:                 HODL (end of year evaluation if to sell)
cryptochr:         HODL (if active n quality project) or otherwise SELL
beginnersluck:   HODL (few weeks or months)
rayk:                HODL (one year - but depends from project)
djaliel:              Sells   (when listed on popular exchanges)
mR.k0fka:         HODL (bounty coins, one can be a lucky one)
Paulcrypt:         Hold&Sell (hold growing coins, sell the rest)
SM23031997:    HODL (one year)
coleman268:     Sell
disam:              HODL  (saved in ledger nano s)
mysacrifice:      Sell (with a plan, escalating depending on price)
tegalrejo:          Sell (when price is higher)
SamboNZ:        Hodl&Sell (hodl half, sell half)
Todoroki:          HODL (few months)
sinduarianto:     Sell (when price drops)
sirstu:               SellorHODL (After pump)
Minor Miner:      HODL (cause only enters robust projects)
endlasuresh:     HODL
rearwheels:       HODL (six months)
anitaraymonds:  SELL
indrakusumaindra: Depends
Cixboy61:          Sell
tanghere02:      SELL
Rufsilf:              SELL

Here is my answer to your interesting question.
In my side if that coin has potential and it will surely worth in holding for a long time then I HODL.
But if that coin is simply created by devs just for their benefits then I will not hesitate to dump it even in the lowest price.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:14:33 PM

I usually try to wait little bit to see the price on market near to ICO price at least before sell them.
But sometimes i don't sell and wait for the big profit if i believe an altcoin will have a good potential and future.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:32:58 PM

You could have just created a poll instead of hacing to state the result from everyone's post.
However, I always see bounty programs as an investment from my part and I take closer look on any bounty I want to join, so I pretty much hold for a very long time at the end until I am sure it is okay for me to hold and give someone else the chance to benefit from what I am holding.

That still depends though, cause there are just some coins that I will end up trading at a particular price, make some profit and still buy more cause I believe in them rising a lot if I hold longer.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:51:07 PM

It totally depends on project and person, I will personally hold my bounty coins at least one year because most of them I participated so far are good projects except bowhead.
It really depends as you have said. Most times since people are always looking forward to dumping their coins, I always try to maybe dump and see the best price I can purchase again once the whole dump is over. That way, I have made some profit and I am also buying back into the coin for future purpose. Everything balls down to how fast I can get in the market.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:14:18 PM

most of times i hold my coins because i participate in serious project with good teams!

sometimes i sell to not missing an altcoin going to the moon or investing in a good ico!
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:39:33 PM

The very first point is as soon as i receive the bounty coins i just sell it because i know that it will surely get dumped and if the coin is worthy then i will buy back in low and hold for long term till my target get achieved.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:47:06 PM

i HODL them and see what happens with them. I only do bounties for projects i support and see a future in so there is no point in me dumping the bounty because it would only devalue the product if everyone did that.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:49:07 PM

I am hold this altcoins gained from bounty programs.I will personally hold my bounty coins at least one year. then i will sell it.
i think it's must give us 2x
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:08:14 PM

I would sell it as soon as the price pumps because no one can tell if it will pump again or i'll be dump forever. Altcoin will be altcoin but maybe if it is a solid project with a solid plan and a solid team, then maybe I would hold it for half year.
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:27:31 PM

well, sometimes the altcoins you get from bounty doesn't even worth the gas to transfer them to the exchange wallet so I'd rather treat them like lottery ticket if one day it went up 10x then great otherwise just a souvenir coin
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:30:28 PM

We have seen coins prices crash extremely fast when the enter an exchange. I have seen in telegram, that people are shouting why would some people sell fast?

Is this happening from bounty hunters? Are you doing it? Have you sold tokens, once the entered exchange platforms?

I think I can explain to this problem. All projects are open bounty campaign, and there are plenty of bounty hunters who always sell everything they receive, which in turn causes the coin to be seriously depressed right after being sealed. However, if this coin is of interest, it will be quick, because the money that the bounty hunter possesses very little.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:32:53 PM

The most probable reason the price drops immediately when it hits exchanges is because of  bounty hunter cashing out. But that should not disappoint or discouraged you to  hold the tokens if it have real life usage. It can even be an opportunity to buy more tokens as an investment. If it have real value, it will rise back up even if dumpers or bounty hunters dump the coins immediately.
darkillusion

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:18:41 PM

Planning to hold most of the coins that have good potential, the rest - sell after it gets listed.

redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:32:46 PM

Well, the thing that i do most of the time is forget about the bounty i get(if i do not need the money) and hold  for a few months to years, depending on the way i see the platform of a bounty or its concept. On some rare occasions, i sell asap when i get a shitcoin. Although i did this only twice with an airdroped token and a bought share.

I like making gambles on ICOs but i sure do abandon gambles that i know are giving me 80% more risk than profit for my investment.

Having said all these, my decisions depends on the way i see a token's petential.
Gasotard

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:40:24 PM

I will update the 1st post as the results come in!

Results:
Mallingo98:       Sells ASAP
tha2er99:          HODL
tora:                 HODL (end of year evaluation if to sell)
cryptochr:         HODL (if active n quality project) or otherwise SELL
beginnersluck:   HODL (few weeks or months)
rayk:                HODL (one year - but depends from project)
djaliel:              Sells   (when listed on popular exchanges)
mR.k0fka:         HODL (bounty coins, one can be a lucky one)
Paulcrypt:         Hold&Sell (hold growing coins, sell the rest)
SM23031997:    HODL (one year)
coleman268:     Sell
disam:              HODL  (saved in ledger nano s)
mysacrifice:      Sell (with a plan, escalating depending on price)
tegalrejo:          Sell (when price is higher)
SamboNZ:        Hodl&Sell (hodl half, sell half)
Todoroki:          HODL (few months)
sinduarianto:     Sell (when price drops)
sirstu:               SellorHODL (After pump)
Minor Miner:      HODL (cause only enters robust projects)
endlasuresh:     HODL
rearwheels:       HODL (six months)
anitaraymonds:  SELL
indrakusumaindra: Depends
Cixboy61:          Sell
tanghere02:      SELL
Rufsilf:              SELL

I try to store the coins for a month or two then sell it if the price is right.

coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:44:03 PM

Doesn't really matter. As the bounty distributed is no more than 2-3% of the total money generated during the ICO, even if the bounty people drop their tokens, it would only momentarily effect the price. Just like for a few hours or a couple of days max. For me, I trade my bounty tokens the same way I trade the coins that I would have bought.

johnsm79 (OP)

Activity: 224

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:08:23 AM

Doesn't really matter. As the bounty distributed is no more than 2-3% of the total money generated during the ICO, even if the bounty people drop their tokens, it would only momentarily effect the price. Just like for a few hours or a couple of days max. For me, I trade my bounty tokens the same way I trade the coins that I would have bought.

But what people are doing here, is holding on, at least a majority of people. So it allows new people to enter a token and hold the price right.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:46:15 AM

I personally still have some coin from bounty campaign, because I think it will be very loss if sold now, the price is very far below the promised ico price, so I should be patient and wait

adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:59:22 AM

after bounty distributed i'll try to Hodl my altcoins/token as best as i can until this altcoins/tokens officially listed on exchanger and then sell it when price pump...
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:12:21 PM

I suppose Bounty coins should be better kept at least for several months, not sold as soon as you get them. You should also check beforehand their market price.
Another way out is to keep ½ of them and the rest can be sold.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: