Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:41:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think "Butterfly Labs" deserve to be obligated to legally respond for his misleading?
Yes - 16 (84.2%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Maybe - 1 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll HUMONGOUS Lawsuit Vs ButterFlyLabs  (Read 532 times)
amandaceleroid (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:01:29 PM

Or any legal resolution Vs ButterflyLabs
garbonzo607

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:01:35 AM

What is this?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:24:04 AM

Butterfly labs sucks

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
esenminer

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:13:25 PM

The poll question posed makes no sense - i don't mean logically I mean literally no sense maybe OP can elaborate on what they are trying to say.

Butterfly Labs has started shipping - hashrates are as promised, power draw is much higher but they are delivering.

They never held your funds hostage. At any point in the process you had the option of getting a refund.

You could try suing them but I doubt it would get very far.

From what I gather you want to say something like 'The delays of Y months cost me $X in profit i would have made by mining bitcoin with their product. They promised me it would be delivered by such and such date and it wasn't.'

Their lawyer will argue

'If they didn't deliver on time why didn't you get a refund and invest in some other product like Avalon?'

at which point you will say something like

'well they promised it would be only 2 more weeks'

'Did they deliver in 2 more weeks?'

'no'

'They why didn't you get a refund and invest in some other product like Avalon?'

The fact that you didn't get a refund means that you implicitly agreed to the delays. No one forced you to wait and the fact that BFL didn't meet their timelines won't be an issue because at any point you had a way out.

immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:18:00 PM

The poll question posed makes no sense - i don't mean logically I mean literally no sense maybe OP can elaborate on what they are trying to say.

Butterfly Labs has started shipping - hashrates are as promised, power draw is much higher but they are delivering.

They never held your funds hostage. At any point in the process you had the option of getting a refund.

From what I gather you want to say something like 'The delays of Y months cost me $X in profit i would have made by mining bitcoin with their product. They promised me it would be delivered by such and such date and it wasn't.'

Their lawyer will argue

'If they didn't deliver on time why didn't you get a refund and invest in some other product like Avalon?'

'no'

'They why didn't you get a refund and invest in some other product like Avalon?'

The fact that you didn't get a refund means that you implicitly agreed to the delays. No one forced you to wait and the fact that BFL didn't meet their timelines won't be an issue because at any point you had a way out.

point taken. what about the people who sent BTC a year ago? These are in horrible situation because now they would get only 1/10 of BTC back as a refund...

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
esenminer

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:26:22 PM

Their lawyer will argue

'no'

point taken. what about the people who sent BTC a year ago? These are in horrible situation because now they would get only 1/10 of BTC back as a refund...

that doesn't really follow.

butterfly labs didn't process payments, bitpay did so butterfly labs never received any bitcoins only fiat.

it makes no difference what the price of BTC was one year ago because when the purchase was made the bitcoins were converted into FIAT.

it's like asking mt gox to reverse a Bitcoin->FIAT transaction a year ago so that you can resell your bitcoins at today's prices.

please don't get me wrong, i don't agree with the delays in any way but because nobody forced anybody to wait and refunds were available at any time there is no legal case against them. they will argue that not getting a refund implied consent.

i should mention that i am not a lawyer I only pretend to talk like one on Bitcointalk Smiley this should not be taken as legal advise in any way!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:30:57 PM

Their lawyer will argue

'no'

Those people took a calculated risk to invest in Bitcoin mining machinery instead of Bitcoins themselves.  The prices for BFL machines are in USD, so BFL refunds in USD.
dRMergatroid

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:09:15 PM

Oh certainly,
"he" needs to be held legally accountable in the jurisdiction of Kansas, USA.
Ok...
First you need to file papers in Kansas.
Do you have a lawyer in America?
Good.
Call him, and he can explain why you can't sue Butterfly Labs.
He will probably repeat what forum members have said.
Your lawyer will only charge you BTC1/hour to talk you out of your folly, or
if you are very rich, will file whatever frivolous lawsuits you want, just for fun!

Love the sentiment, hate the grammar. Huh
randyh

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:31:11 PM

I was actually stupid enough to buy an asic from bfl Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: