Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks more and more like a 2011 repeat  (Read 14951 times)
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:31:33 PM

Wow, those two fit nicely!

What's interesting in there are few who are calling Bitcoin dead this time.  :-)
People didn't start calling Bitcoin dead until Oct./Nov. Sentiment extreme occurs only near the bottom.

BITCOIN IS DEAD !!!

Can we rally now ?

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:51:54 PM

Aligned with beginning of run-up, not peak

And it appears the current chart is still in an uptrend, supported by the 100ema (or sma).

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:00:47 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 09:18:31 PM by Frozenlock

And it appears the current chart is still in an uptrend, supported by the 100ema (or sma).

Weird, I was sure we dipped below the 100 ema.

Edit:

manfred (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:39:12 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 07:52:26 PM by manfred

Bitcoincharts, 9 month Daily closing price did not go below 100 since may 3
johnblaze

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:49:21 PM

Aligned with beginning of run-up, not peak

great job on the chart
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:50:36 PM

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

BITCOIN IS DEAD !!!

Can we rally now ?

I doubt it ever lived.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:14:25 PM

Wow, those two fit nicely!

What's interesting is that June 2013 is unlike Aug 2011 and there aren't many this time who are calling Bitcoin a failed experiment / dead.  :-)   [Edited: to put in dates]

Indeed. No "Bitcoin is a ponzi and Nakamato is its very own Maddoff" posts, no more "Bitcoin is dead" shouting on the news, etc.

This time everybody knows that the bubble is popped and the hype cycle is over, it must deflate all the way down, but at the same time everybody is waiting for the best entry point to face the next sustainable growth trend that will precede the 3rd Bitcoin bubble. That's pretty much the sentiment. Not only here, but also among my friends in the "real" world, all of them are really interested in BTC and willing to buy, they are just waiting for the bubble to be "over".

What's kinda puzzling to me is that most members on the speculation subforum, or generally speaking the traders I know have already sold, everybody is waiting for "cheap coins". So... Apart from ASICminer and AVALON, the new bitcoin-superpowers from China, who has coins to sell ATM? Yeah, most of us hardcore bitcoiners have always a stash on a paper wallet, but I mean "trading funds".... My impression is that everybody is holding fiat ATM.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:23:29 PM

My impression is that everybody is holding fiat ATM.
Funny, I don't get that impression at all. If this wedge breaks, I think we'll see plenty of selling pressure. I don't think the "cheap coins" forum crowd is indicative of the broad market -- I don't know why this is thrown around so often.
Frozenlock

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:33:32 PM

(...) My impression is that everybody is holding fiat ATM.

Good lord...

Go visit other subforums or reddit for a change.

Hero members who got bitten hard in 2011 really aren't the norm.

And even then, many of them remain unconditionally bullish.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:43:22 PM

(...) My impression is that everybody is holding fiat ATM.

Good lord...

Go visit other subforums or reddit for a change.

Hero members who got bitten hard in 2011 really aren't the norm.

And even then, many of them remain unconditionally bullish.

Yeah, you may be right. I guess I'm getting that impression reading comments of regulars in the wall observer thread, plus speaking with my educated friends, who at the end of the day are pretty much influenced by me. Never go through reddit, it always felt pretty useless.

Let's see how this rally on low volume unfolds. Wink

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:45:19 PM

Edit:

Meh, bottoms of candles bounced off it.  Looks like support from where I sit.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:15:11 PM

Edit:

Meh, bottoms of candles bounced off it.  Looks like support from where I sit.

Exactly, but the thing to worry about is the 100ema starting to flatline. I don't like that. I don't like the low volume. I don't like the variety of opinions regarding the price.  Grin  LOL
Really, like Rampion said it has gotten bearish on the wall thread. And I can see what others have said in that people are waiting to buy in at "better prices". A lot of those people
are just guys on the street (some that I talk to that want in, but not at this price.)

The scary thing that all bears and bulls know is it just takes one big trader to get things going. I think it is a lot easier to manipulate the price down as there are guys with tons of shares,
but you never know when support comes in. We don't know what is on the sides and NOT in the order book that is just sitting and waiting for cheaper coins (not cheap coins). I mean is
it crazy to think that VC's who are investing millions into Bitcoin are also giving it some support? This supports their investment in a way. A bit analogous to how a company hires developers
to support the infrastructure of an open source piece of software (e.g. bitcoin, linux, etc.) by hiring developers to just build up the infrastructure (outside the company's products.)

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Frozenlock

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:27:16 PM

VC's invested in services around Bitcoin. The price really doesn't matter to them.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:41:14 PM

VC's invested in services around Bitcoin. The price really doesn't matter to them.

Why not?

There must be some link to price though. I wonder if a lower price would hasten acceptance.
And if they see Bitcoin as all that (and they have said as much), I would think they are also buying (personally and perhaps as a corporate investment).

BTC = Black Swan.
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:15:04 PM

I know I'm the newB here, but I think price matters to VC.
For one more liquidity in the market makes for more possible gains.
And stability increases market sentiment. Which in turn allows for a higher chance of their services becoming successful. 

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:19:34 PM

I know I'm the newB here, but I think price matters to VC.
For one more liquidity in the market makes for more possible gains.
And stability increases market sentiment. Which in turn allows for a higher chance of their services becoming successful. 

Yes, but they are more concerned with long term liquidity and stability than in short term speculative gains.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:24:22 PM

totally agree with you. but long term stability starts short term.
At this point in time we are at a turningpoint.
It's either longterm bear market or continue bullish (pre bubble + growth).
so they might prefer business as usual.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:52:40 PM

totally agree with you. but long term stability starts short term.
At this point in time we are at a turningpoint.
It's either longterm bear market or continue bullish (pre bubble + growth).
so they might prefer business as usual.

Longterm bear market would give them time to deploy all the capital they have just received into human resources and code.  They aren't ready for the next hype cycle yet.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:58:43 AM

The end of October 2012, at the end of your chart there, was the last time before yesterday that we went below the 100 day SMA. Just an important point in market psychology. Here it is from then until now:

Wow those crossovers match up with difficulty quite accurately. Unfortunately the chart is out of date and dateless but showmen for general effect.
I think it is all manipulated to design, I predict we'll see some stable pricing when the difficulty stabilises. 

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: