Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:41:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC->BTG cashout right after fork possible?  (Read 715 times)
davecrypto (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:07:40 AM

Hi,

Let's say I have 1 BTC on my Electrum wallet.
On 25th of October, the fork will happen.

So I will get 1BTC and 1 BTG on my Electrum privatekey.

What if I transfer my 1BTC right after the fork to an exchange and cash it out to EUR?

Will the 1 BTG still stay on my Electrum privatekey or will it be transfered / lost?

...or do I need to wait till the first BTG Wallet is released on 1st November?

How will I get BTG the fastest way? ...I really don't want to wait till BTC and BTG drumps and lose money.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:08:31 AM

I also want to know this question, I am not very clear, someone told what Mody?

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:08:54 AM

Hi,

What if I transfer my 1BTC right after the fork to an exchange and cash it out to EUR?

Will the 1 BTG still stay on my Electrum privatekey or will it be transfered / lost?

How will I get BTG the fastest way? ...I really don't want to wait till BTC and BTG drumps and lose money.

The first for each bitcoin you will get around  10 - 11 bitcoin gold. If you are wanna selling your bitcoin gold as fast as possible and just try to put your bitcoin in the exchange site that will try to distribute the bitcoin gold to the users.
Because you are not able to trans your amount of bitcoin gold into the exchange site until the network of the bitcoin gold itself will be alive.
The best way for you to convert your bitcoin gold into the fiat pair through sell your bitcoin gold for bitcoin.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
davecrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:36:56 AM

...but what if I have 1 BTC in my wallet and want to cashout the BTC to EUR right after the fork, because I think price will drop right after fork.

Where will my BTG be then? ...will they stay on the Electrum wallet (where 0 BTC are), or will they be lost after I move the BTC to lets say kraken exchange to cash it out?

I only want to cashout the BTC right after the fork. ...and the BTG when it is possible to do so on an exchange.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:53:25 AM

...but what if I have 1 BTC in my wallet and want to cashout the BTC to EUR right after the fork, because I think price will drop right after fork.

Where will my BTG be then? ...will they stay on the Electrum wallet (where 0 BTC are), or will they be lost after I move the BTC to lets say kraken exchange to cash it out?

I only want to cashout the BTC right after the fork. ...and the BTG when it is possible to do so on an exchange.

Are you confusing the segwit 2x fork with the Bitcoin gold scam snapshot? You will never get to sell that gold crap before the devs dump the premine.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:55:43 AM

I think most people are trying to time it like this and It's the reason why it won't work. Unless you get it right on the button whales are going to be able to dump much faster than you.
Coenlogan

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:02:57 AM

FYI the fork just happened, the block is reached.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:05:49 AM

FYI the fork just happened, the block is reached.

ITS not a FUCKING FORK! Jesus you people are retarded. I think you should all go and Buy that gold shit.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:27:47 AM

Hi,

Electrum wallet does not support BTG if I'm not mistaken. I suggest just hold on your BTC on you Electrum and wait for a suitable wallet that will support BTG. Just be careful about BTG wallet though, there will be tons of scam and phishing incident to take advantage of the free coins. This has happened to BCC before. Let this be a lesson learned. Don't hurry to get your free coins, although it will lost its value if you will have to wait, however, its safe rather than rushing things and losing your BTC to sophisticated phishing and scam claiming to help you claim BTG but instead stole your BTC. Be careful.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:30:27 AM

I thought I had read that the BTG coins would not be available until October 30... I'm not sure why. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
hoangsang2403

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:22:45 AM

People do not exactly answer the toppic question. They ask that after 25/10 we sell bitcoin for money. So in November we will still receive bitcoin gold or keep bitcoin until November
Phalo

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:26:26 AM

I think it will be available as soon as the blocks that it was supposed to fork at have passed. Now what I am interested in, what happened to the conspiracy that the fork had already happened. I just don't understand how one can premine a coin that has not forked yet? I hope someone can answer me on this one. This fork is confusing.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:59:18 AM

If you want to get rid of your bitcoin gold, the Yobit exchange has already started trading bitcoin gold before the official fork part at a price of $ 460. True, the exchange made this opportunity for its customers, who at that time were trading bitcoin at the exchange. If you want to sell bitcoin yourself, then I think that after the bitcoin of gold appears in your wallet, you can do it already. At that time they will not be connected to each other.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:02:16 AM

Bitcoin Gold is not a fork of Bitcoin, what the developer did was to take a snapshot of the blockchain and credit the account with equivalent BCG coins, so you are free to sell your BTC after the snapshot has been taking
1269l

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:02:38 AM

I think BTG is less valuable than ETG!
mantoo1

Activity: 624
Merit: 10

New To The Crypto World

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:05:12 AM

Well it is very happy to see that the BTG is start trading on the yobit and the users having it already get some good profits in the first day trading, i hope that this can continue to work more and the price may boost more in near future.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:33:58 AM

I guess you can sell everything if your account were credited with btg, I put my bitcoins in bittrex so I am hoping they'll credit it now.
What I will do is very simple, I will have to take advantage of the price now, I will sell this free money and buy cheap alts with the proceeds I can get.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:37:43 AM

I got BCH from local exchanger because I safe some btc on it.
Since my local exchanger also announce that they will able generate upcoming BTG just like BCH , so I just keep some btc for some BTG.
Unfortunately my local exchanger can't guarantee whenever they provide BTG trading or not until further notice !
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:38:20 AM

Are you confusing the segwit 2x fork with the Bitcoin gold scam snapshot? You will never get to sell that gold crap before the devs dump the premine.

you could sell it way before them if you acted fast and also were willing to leave some coins on exchanges. i did sell a good amount of BTG on Yobit last day at the highest price possible a little less than 0.19BTC per coin. and devs have not yet gotten their premine to start thinking about dumping it.

besides, from what i have read BTG premine will have a locked mechanism that prevents the devs from selling the coins right away. it is not set though. much like replay protection and 10 other things Tongue

Buying the dip...
davecrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:51:24 AM

well I appreciate your answers. but nobody was able to answer my question. I try it again:

The snapshot already happened. I have 1 BTC in my Electrum wallet.

So that means I have 1 BTC and also BTG on my Electrum wallet private key.

If I transfer my BTC now to an exhange like Kraken, buy other currencies or cash it out, WILL THE BTG STILL STAY ON THE Electrum wallet private key or will it move/lost?

THX

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: