Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Schedule Mining Times on Ethos? Question  (Read 177 times)
KrisM09 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:16:23 AM

Hey,

Is it possible to schedule hours for ethos to turn the miner off and then back on several hours later? Example, mine all the time, other than between 6am and 11am? So for that block of time the cards are off and not using electricity? Make it an every day event somehow?

Thanks!
zij

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:59:04 AM

Is it possible to schedule hours for ethos to turn the miner off and then back on several hours later? Example, mine all the time, other than between 6am and 11am? So for that block of time the cards are off and not using electricity? Make it an every day event somehow?

Take a look at the Linux command called "crontab" which allows you to schedule things at certain times.  You could then schedule a "mine stop" or "mine start" at the times you want.  However, this won't stop using electricity completely.  The cards will remain on, but not processing so will use a fraction of the power.
KrisM09 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:52:17 AM

Take a look at the Linux command called "crontab" which allows you to schedule things at certain times.  You could then schedule a "mine stop" or "mine start" at the times you want.  However, this won't stop using electricity completely.  The cards will remain on, but not processing so will use a fraction of the power.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: