Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Exchange (Pizza4BTC)  (Read 3169 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2010, 11:48:28 AM

I moved some pepperonis around.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 16, 2010, 07:10:30 PM

hehe, that's cute
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2010, 08:50:04 PM

Registered. And I have access to Pepe's. Smiley

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
T_X

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2010, 11:54:47 PM

Ok then here's my offer: I'll be delivering 6 (really good) Koestritzer to the first person bidding 110 BTC in the greater Zurich area Cheesy
Hope this is not getting too much out of topic, but...

cdecker, are you going to be in Zürich for a delivery tomorrow, Sat. 18th Dec. afternoon/evening? I'm going to do some required christmas shopping and might be visiting two friends in the city center. It would be awesome to suddenly have an unknown guy turn up with a beer delivery, being paid by bitcoins Cheesy.

If so, I guess we should settle the rest via PM and inform the others later in the forum, if a successful trade could be accomplished Smiley.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2010, 07:34:53 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2010, 08:25:49 AM by mizerydearia

Is anyone available and interested in proofreading and possibly offering helpful revisions to this letter I have prepared for sending to hundreds of restaurants in the pizza industry in regards to the website I am developing?

Hi,

I am developing a Pizza escrow web site that allows individuals to buy pizza using an Internet currency called Bitcoin.  The web site will provide participating pizza restaurants with additional customers looking for new ways to use their Bitcoins.

The web site will allow users with Bitcoins to make a request for a pizza order and offer an amount of Bitcoins.  Other users can then agree to fulfill that user's pizza order request by paying your restaurant directly in your own currency. You will not be involved in the actual Bitcoin transaction as that will be negotiated amongst the users through the web site.

To help provide additional business to restaurants in the pizza industry, the web site will allow users to interactively select restaurants in a variety of ways:

- Within a certain proximity of their location
- By ingredient availability, pizza crust style or pizza crust size

Participating pizza restaurants that provide restaurant location and food-related information will be available for selecting within the site by users in preparing their pizza order requests.

In addition to providing users a way to request pizzas, the web site offers additional items such as burgers, pastas, salads, sandwiches, seafood, side orders, soups, subs wraps, beverages and desserts, all of which can be added by participating restaurants.

I look forward to hearing from you If your business is interested in participating with the web site.

Sincerely,
Pizza4BTC Staff

Thanks to doublec from #bitcoin-dev for many suggested revisions to prepare the above revised draft
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2010, 08:38:23 AM

Is anyone available and interested in proofreading and possibly offering helpful revisions to this letter I have prepared for sending to hundreds of restaurants in the pizza industry in regards to the website I am developing?

I think it is not too bad, only two points:

a) Letter is maybe too long. If you don't attract them in first paragraph, they don't read until end. Firstly talk about their benefits, not about technical solution. Don't start with bitcoin on the first place; people will be confused instantly. Firstly explain your business without any information about payments, because it is _not_ the most important for restaurants. Tell them you are working on first around-world pizza market with geolocation services, ingredients selector, and don't forget to explain putting their business here is theirs _free dvertisment_ and they can attract more people. By the way, Internet geoloc services are hype now, I think progressive restaurants will be interested in. On the end you can tell him that your money for payments are bitcoins and explain advantages (free transactions, secure, ...) and explain them that tey can or cannot accept bitcoins directly (if not, there will be btc2usd middleman). Simply don't tell them the main concern is bitcoin itself, they will not catch it.

b) There is not clear what they should do RIGHT NOW. THere should be clearly written "DO THIS AND THIS" to get it working. Nobody will be interested in ping-pong mailing or filling pages and pages of forms. This is also about web site. Is it really needed to have "Mother superios" in options for Title in registration form?? Make whole process as simple as possible! If you will need some extra information later, you will ask them once you will see they were interested in filling short, simple registration. Registration is not available now on the site (or I cannot find it now), but as I remember, there was also captcha. Why? AFAIK no bots there yet. And it is another point where business owner can refuse it's participation, when he is not too excited. It is fact. By the way I often have to rewrite captcha more than twice. Really annoying and no reason here.

But I keep fingers crossed! I'm planning to talk my local pizza company in heart of Prague for "open account" to my name next week.

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2010, 09:00:21 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2010, 07:41:12 AM by mizerydearia

More revisage in progress:

Hi,

I am developing an Internet pizza escrow web site that will allow your restaurants to participate in offering [marketing?] your pizza and other food items to Internet users.  If your restaurant chooses to participate, it will benefit by [insert benefits here].  [Explain putting their business here is free advertisement and they can attract more people here].

The web site will be the first worldwide pizza market with geo-location services, pizza customization/configuration and additional food items selectors.   [Explanation of business without any info of payments here].

Participating pizza restaurants that provide restaurant location and food-related information will be available for selecting within the site by users in preparing their pizza order requests.

In addition to providing users a way to request pizzas, the web site offers additional items such as burgers, pastas, salads, sandwiches, seafood, side orders, soups, subs wraps, beverages and desserts, all of which can be added by participating restaurants.

[On the end you can tell him that your money for payments are bitcoins and explain advantages (free transactions, secure, ...) and explain them that tey can or cannot accept bitcoins directly (if not, there will be btc2usd middleman). Simply don't tell them the main concern is bitcoin itself, they will not catch it.]

I look forward to hearing from you If your business is interested in participating with the web site.

Sincerely,
Pizza4BTC Team

bbl sleep, awaked, soon to sleep again
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2010, 10:11:08 AM

<Italian accent>
Good day, I'm Mario of Marios Pizzas.

I got your letter for joining your pizza site. I have one question:

What are bitcoins?

Best regards,

Mario
</Italian accent>

Wink
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2010, 10:17:16 AM

<Italian accent>
Good day, I'm Mario of Marios Pizzas.

I got your letter for joining your pizza site. I have one question:

What are bitcoins?

Best regards,

Mario
</Italian accent>

Wink

lol +1. I tell again - get rid of bitcoin in this stage. As you already wrote, it may be transparent for restaurant that some geeks are paying in bitcoins. Simplify your service to "pizza market" for them. Restaurant become interested in bitcoin once they will see there are pizza orders.

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 01:24:29 AM

I think I will need a spokesperson to communicate on my behalf for the website.  Anyone interested?
Anonymous

December 20, 2010, 10:48:09 AM

Hi, we  invite you to participate in a pizza experience like no other.

This is a web site that will be the first worldwide pizza market with geo-location services that will allow your restaurants to offer your pizza and other food items to internet users in your area who are part of a large community of people who enjoy pizza. 

You do not need a website just your normal contact details and optionally you can manage your own franchise on-site and create your own unique pizza experience, even upload your menu to the site or become a featured franchise. You will benefit by providing your customers with a fun and unique experience that they will remember.

Let me tell you about the flow of the site. Your customers will request a pizza with the internet currency bitcoins and anyone anywhere in the world can purchase it using your local currency.You can be involved in this in as little or as much as you want. Our site takes care of all the details so you can sit back and enjoy the custom.

I look foward to hearing from you if your business is interested in participating with the web site.

Sincerely,
Pizza4BTC Team
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 11:52:23 AM

Hi, we  invite you to participate in a pizza experience like no other.

This is a web site that will be the first worldwide pizza market with geo-location services that will allow your restaurants to offer your pizza and other food items to internet users in your area who are part of a large community of people who enjoy pizza.  

You do not need a website just your normal contact details and optionally you can manage your own franchise on-site and create your own unique pizza experience, even upload your menu to the site or become a featured franchise. You will benefit by providing your customers with a fun and unique experience that they will remember.

Let me tell you about the flow of the site. Your customers will request a pizza with the internet currency bitcoins and anyone anywhere in the world can purchase it using your local currency.You can be involved in this in as little or as much as you want. Our site takes care of all the details so you can sit back and enjoy the custom.

I look foward to hearing from you if your business is interested in participating with the web site.

Sincerely,
Pizza4BTC Team

+1

Btw it's great that my daily BTC income covers one pizza in my favourite restaurant. I'm looking forward to pay with bitcoins here!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: