Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:20:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does not everyone invest in cryptocurrency?  (Read 253 times)
DL1MP1K (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 02:09:54 AM

Hello

I am currently new in cryptocurrency, thinking about investing in it or mining in future. My question is as follows:

If, in most cases, mining/investing in cryptocurrency is profitable, why does not everyone do it?

Can't understand myself, because of that I feel suspicious about mining.

Any replies are welcome.

Thanks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:23:24 AM

Hello

I am currently new in cryptocurrency, thinking about investing in it or mining in future. My question is as follows:

If, in most cases, mining/investing in cryptocurrency is profitable, why does not everyone do it?

Any replies are welcome.

Thanks Smiley

Mining is not always profitable because of the costs of equipment and electricity. I don’t mine coins myself but you really have to get the right equipment to do it efficiently.

Investing in cryptocurrencies is high risk. Bitcoin may not be as high risk as it used to be, but it has now become very expensive. Altcoins are even more risky because they aren’t as well known and therefore are less likely to succeed depending on which ones you invest in.

Another read why more people don’t invest is because not many people really understand cryptocurrencies or how to obtain them.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:55:42 AM

A few possibly reasons on why most people doesn't invest in cryptocurrencies. Here are some (in my opinion)

• Tech savvy-ness. Probably a huge percentage of people into cryptocurrency are either millennials or people who are deeply into technology, as most cryptocurrencies are probably hard to understand for people who are sort of "scared" of technology/technological terminologies.
  • Risks are high. We are just speculating and hoping that blockchain technology becomes successful. Cryptocurrencies can simply just nose-dive in price tomorrow for various possible reasons.
  • Only a small percentage of people in the world actually have heard of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general.
  • Ignorance. A lot of people on social media still think bitcoin is a scam/ponzi. People are actually still comparing bitcoin with the Tulip mania from the Dutch golden age, even though they didn't do their own research that bitcoin isn't really comparable to the tulip mania.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rugosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:12:02 AM

because they are poor and suspicious

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
nodelover

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:02:12 AM

Not all people are investing because you have to buy a powerful machine and balance the cost and profit. And not all have the knowledge to do so.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS            
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:22:09 AM

They are not familiar with it,lack of knowledge about cryptocurrencies and maybe they dont have any time entering the world crypto because they are not interested
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:46:08 AM

Mining requires considerable investments in hardware and may be not very profitable (or not profitable at all), depending on future coin prices, mining difficulty adjustments and electricity costs. Especially mining BTC now requires large-scale mining farms with specialized equipment. It often said that simply buying and holding is a better option.

Cryptocurrencies are a high-risk investment. Yes, the BTC price continues to rise and there are no immediate dangers, but it is still much more risky than gold or other conservative investments. Do not invest more than you can afford to loose.

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:59:27 AM

Hello

Any replies are welcome.

Thanks Smiley
Investing via mining bitcoin is not so profitable in first place. If you have prior experience then it is bit easier to get starting. Why people are not getting in crypto has multiple reasons. Reasons like many countries simply don't have the required infra to support for bitcoin purchase, selling and exchange. Like in Serb the laws are pretty strict against purchase/send currency from/to foreign country. Many people don't know about the bitcoin or crypto. false Knowledge about the crypto currencies has been propagated by some mainstream news(entertainment) media. Thus many people find it difficult to invest in bitcoin.
There are many economist who do not trust in the bitcoin, largely because of its unregulated nature. Many claims that price of bitcoin is unreasonably high. 
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:27:04 AM

There will always be people who will say that it's a bubble. Let's be honest, this is easy money in a world where there is no easy money. This leads people to believe that it's either a scam, or that it's completely unsustainable. They're wrong on both fronts thus far.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:55:21 AM

Maybe because they don't know it yet. They are lack of knowledge about this technology. Some of them don't have any access to internet. So they don't have any idea about it. Actually, here in my country(Philippines). Cryptocurrency is not so popular here. Because they don't have access to internet. Also one of the reason why people don't invest to cryptocurrency is they are not tech geek or tech lovers. They are skeptical about putting their money into something they dont know because they are not into tech stuffs. They are not easily believe on what they see in the internet. Some of them are scared because of the FUDs they read about cryptocurrency.
hassany5

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:41:57 AM

They just dont have the balls bruh lol.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:20:05 AM

There will always be people who will say that it's a bubble. Let's be honest, this is easy money in a world where there is no easy money. This leads people to believe that it's either a scam, or that it's completely unsustainable. They're wrong on both fronts thus far.

Agree, people think crypto currency is scam because we can earn easy, its hard to believe especially in this world that the money is hard to get. But if they try to study about crypto they will know the truth.
CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:21:02 AM

Most dont know, most dont understand, most dont care. Its a minority thing for now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: