Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Battles SCAM  (Read 350 times)
millerfilm (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 04:44:44 AM

Another ICO scam, this time, whole-heartedly endorsed by BTC Manager: https://btcmanager.com/how-investors-can-earn-money-in-2-bln-esports-market/

You get a 404 Error now, because BTC Manager realized, way too late, of course, that it was a scam. And, they just deleted the article as if it never existed.

Well, of course, I had already sent 0.2 ETH to the "ICO." When I clicked on the link supplied on their article, it wasn't flagged by my Chrome Extension. Only when I reloaded the URL did I get the flag. That is a clear indicator that you have to reload an URL to get a flag.

So, I sent the people at BTC Manager a direct message and included my ETH address so they can reimburse me. Will they take accountability for their glowing review of World of Battles, with the chief editor of the site having said this was the "first time he would ever consider investing in an ICO." I think I know the answer, but we will see.

That's it for me and ICO's. Forever. I invested in KICK and had my resulting 1 ETH worth of tokens stolen, now this. You obviously can't believe anything that anyone writes or says about an ICO.

Avoid them like the plague that they are. Yes, a few might be legitimate, but how do you know? You don't. That simple.

Ethereum has become a crypto riddled with scams, ponzi schemes, phishing and ripoffs. I believe it is a currency and platform that should be avoided at all costs.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tonysitaly

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:57:40 AM

Yes. Most of the people who send ETH to join are scams. I've taken part in five projects. Now, four of them are gone. Friends, don't take part in this kind of project  Sad

sangtuosimino

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:04:56 AM

In the near future, please don't participate in ICO, especially to pay for the project, must be careful. In addition, recently a lot of people Russian ICO, I will not participate in anyway.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:13:45 AM

Another ICO scam, this time, whole-heartedly endorsed by BTC Manager: https://btcmanager.com/how-investors-can-earn-money-in-2-bln-esports-market/

You get a 404 Error now, because BTC Manager realized, way too late, of course, that it was a scam. And, they just deleted the article as if it never existed.

Well, of course, I had already sent 0.2 ETH to the "ICO." When I clicked on the link supplied on their article, it wasn't flagged by my Chrome Extension. Only when I reloaded the URL did I get the flag. That is a clear indicator that you have to reload an URL to get a flag.

So, I sent the people at BTC Manager a direct message and included my ETH address so they can reimburse me. Will they take accountability for their glowing review of World of Battles, with the chief editor of the site having said this was the "first time he would ever consider investing in an ICO." I think I know the answer, but we will see.

That's it for me and ICO's. Forever. I invested in KICK and had my resulting 1 ETH worth of tokens stolen, now this. You obviously can't believe anything that anyone writes or says about an ICO.

Avoid them like the plague that they are. Yes, a few might be legitimate, but how do you know? You don't. That simple.

Ethereum has become a crypto riddled with scams, ponzi schemes, phishing and ripoffs. I believe it is a currency and platform that should be avoided at all costs.

Its unfortunate that things have gotten this bad and that is the reason why its not only right to just rely in an information based in getting form a reputable site thinking its scam free by that. The issue is that the fund won't be reimbursed a lot of those site would do some investigation but not deep and because they are given referral bonus, they get to put the link on their site. In the course of doing that, if you read very well, they would have attached a disclaimer to the subject of discussion to absolve them of any arising liability.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:35:53 AM

ICO was just used in order to steal people's money rather than making a good token for it to become one digital coins out there in the market, they preferred a short time profit with bad motives rather than making a good and competitive coins that exert some hard works, efforts and investment into their project then make a profit on a good way without stealing or scamming people, they just making the image of the ICO worst to the eyes of the investors and planning to go for it. good and authentic ICO are very few and those people who invested to them are very lucky most likely because they gain and double their money.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:59:09 AM

You have to carry out proper investigation about any of the ICO before you invest. Some ICO do not fail because the managers want to scam people but most ICO fail because of improper dissemination of information and lack of technical know-how. If you run an ICO you will know that it is not just easy to scale through.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:12:07 AM

You should be careful to invest in an ICO project, and you need to research to make sure that the project is really good or not, to be invested in the future, if you have seen and really believe, with this project, surely all will alright.
xiaoyum

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:46:20 AM

I understand you are angry about your loss. But why do you say "ethereum is place for scammers"? Ethereum belongs to "most legal/legit coins". There are too many successful, useful projects on eth. Don't blame it on ether.
Its really hard to detect scam nowadays, they keep getting better at it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:12:58 AM

I've heard good information about this ICO before... I hope there is nobody invest big amount.

cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:19:47 AM

ICO was just used in order to steal people's money rather than making a good token for it to become one digital coins out there in the market, they preferred a short time profit with bad motives rather than making a good and competitive coins that exert some hard works, efforts and investment into their project then make a profit on a good way without stealing or scamming people, they just making the image of the ICO worst to the eyes of the investors and planning to go for it. good and authentic ICO are very few and those people who invested to them are very lucky most likely because they gain and double their money.

There have been plenty of good ICOs, if you'd done your due diligence. Walton, Kyber, VeChain, ICON are just a few of 'em. I know which ICOs to go for, I never send these unheard of devs and scam artists any money. DYOR and you won't fail. Unless you get really unlucky on a long game, Tezos being the perfect example.
millerfilm (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 05:40:07 PM

There have been plenty of good ICOs, if you'd done your due diligence. Walton, Kyber, VeChain, ICON are just a few of 'em. I know which ICOs to go for, I never send these unheard of devs and scam artists any money. DYOR and you won't fail. Unless you get really unlucky on a long game, Tezos being the perfect example.

Well, since it looks like you're also a Newbie, it's great that you are so knowledgeable and have it all figured out. We'll see if your ICO's actually pan out.

If any of these companies were serious, they would do the same filing you need to do to be listed on a recognized stock exchange. ICO's are a shortcut to raising funds. Same as OTC stocks.
lowkey9898

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:42:19 PM

Somebody should create a website with list of scammers and ico to avoid.
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:28:59 PM

ico must be regulated everywhere to avoid scams!

after, USA, china, japan and south korea. now scammers are going into singapore, dubai and east of europe to scampeople from there!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: