Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC hold or convert to altcoins? BTC GOld convert to altcoins or Hodl?  (Read 224 times)
davenjulio (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

"PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:03:33 AM

what do you think is the best possible move after you receive your btc gold airdrops?
sell your btc and btc gold to altcoins? HODL? or cashout to USD?
Respect post..ALL Responses are highly APPRECIATED..THanks.

╰ PlayHall ╯ ● Pre-sale starts at 10 AM EST (New York Time), February 26, 2018  (https://goo.gl/FrA9Zp) ●
| THE FIRST MULTI-CRYPT
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:26:27 AM

As you can see the price of bitcoin is growing up, and i think that it can grow up more and more
Altcoins are not bad, but more unstable than bitcoin
So my advice is to hold BTC
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:35:46 AM

There is an opinion that BTC price is going to fall after the fork(s), but I will hold my coins anyway and will try to buy more at the dips. However, selling some amount may be an option. As for Bitcoin Gold, nobody can predict its future now. I will not sell immediately after the fork, since claiming procedure may be complex and I am much more concerned about not loosing my BTC than about getting Bitcoin Gold quickly. Depending on the situation I may sell it for BTC or USD afterwards, or hold in order to diversify, if Bitcoin Gold is going to be popular.
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:47:09 AM

For me, BTC would always be a buy until government gets involved or the market says otherwise.

Converting BTC to AltCoins pre-fork is not the best. Buy BTC now and convert to AltCoins post-production. As they are already down and should start picking after the BTC fork.
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:14:45 AM

I like keeping BTC. Probably will be best to sell BTG though once the fork happens or at least wait for it to get pumped and then ditch it. I'd hold onto a very tiny amount just in case. With your BTG money you can just get more BTC.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:24:09 AM

I just found out that bitcoin gold is worth 0.08BTC which is 0.02BTC higher than it was yesterday and it is not yet released! it seems like thy pump with this coin is going to be serious.

my plans is to sell some at first but since I like trading the ups and downs I do that and I also buy more in the big drops of the first day and sell as the price recovers to make some more short term profit too.
then I will wait a couple of days until the market settles down then see where things are going, probably will sell some more and buy back at the bottom waiting for the first pump of BTG.

if it is not clear I should add that all the profit comes back to bitcoin eventually.

Only Bitcoin
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:27:09 AM

what do you think is the best possible move after you receive your btc gold airdrops?
sell your btc and btc gold to altcoins? HODL? or cashout to USD?
Respect post..ALL Responses are highly APPRECIATED..THanks.

If you need money now then sell bitcoins otherwise hold it as will continue to rise after a drop on 25th october or you can buy altcoin it will surely rise as lot's of people will come back to altcoin after the fork and if you don't want to take any risk then you should either convert it to fiat or cash it all out.

And I will most likely sell bitcoin gold as soon as I get them. I see no profit in holding it for long term.  
Redanim

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:27:12 AM

I think dont need to do nothing, just hold your bitcoins, bitcoin is very stable cryptocurrency, already 9 years without problems working and always growing up, by my opinion and how I wiil do, just better hold your bitcoins.
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:57:18 PM

Attack of the clone aside, I would just like to point out that a fall in price after a massive run up seems to be the rule not the exception.  Many investors who bought at 5k (for example) want to capture that profit.  It was under 4k just a month ago so I expect a correction. 

If going for alts, I would suggest the ones with larger caps and proven track record rather than the ultra small caps.  Less reward but less risk.  Besides, if you buy LTC or ETH and it goes down, you don't have to sell (imo) because those are here to stay and will eventually go up, if they don't fail.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: