Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:54:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit-Bank.org - New Online eWallet [BETA]  (Read 2936 times)
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 04:40:17 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2011, 04:26:23 PM by seeARMS

Hey everyone,

I constantly switch between many different computers and never have complete access to my wallet. So, the past few weeks I've been working on a new project: an online eWallet. The website is located at: http://bit-bank.org, and is currently in beta status so I'd like a bit more input before going live.

This service enables users to deposit, withdraw and send BitCoins online. These BitCoins are accessible from any internet-capable device by visiting the website, and may be withdrawn to any BitCoin address or another Bit-Bank account (which is instantaneous).

Furthurmore, users are given a unique URL such as http://bit-bank.org/user/seeARMS (for my own wallet Smiley ), which displays your username and public BitCoin address. You can give this URL out to friends and family to allow them to deposit BitCoins directly into your online account.

In the near future I will be implementing functionality such as a feature-packed API to allow developers to query users for account balances, etc, as well as a merchant toolset to allow merchants to easily sell goods and services online without hassle. Hopefully this will spark more mainstream interest in BitCoins.

To learn more about what we offer, visit: http://bit-bank.org.

The core functionality is working flawlessly, however not everything (most likely appearance-wise) may be working 100%. Any input on security / appearance / anything is appreciated. Also, I installed an SSL certificate, just gotta restart Apache. Will get it done tomorrow.

Give it a try, let me know what you think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aresdos

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 05:15:44 AM

Just a slight input just for your use as well...
If you carry a keychain or necklace often, try getting a usb drive and use a portable bitcoin client...
I made a client and put it on my necklace and it's totally pimp... Like a little golden wallet hanging from my neck Grin

Though keep it up with the site... If you can get something like that working, then you'll really get a good name in Bitcoining... Gl bro! =D
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 06:08:17 AM

Just a slight input just for your use as well...
If you carry a keychain or necklace often, try getting a usb drive and use a portable bitcoin client...
I made a client and put it on my necklace and it's totally pimp... Like a little golden wallet hanging from my neck Grin

Though keep it up with the site... If you can get something like that working, then you'll really get a good name in Bitcoining... Gl bro! =D
Unfortunately I have a tendency to lose things (especially things of high value - such as my cell phone Sad ) so I don't think that'd be a very plausible option.

Thanks!
bitbetter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 07:03:49 AM

Hey everyone,

I constantly switch between many different computers and never have complete access to my wallet. So, the past few weeks I've been working on a new project: an online, secure eWallet. The website is located at: http://bit-bank.org, and is currently in beta status so I'd like a bit more input before going live.

This service enables users to deposit, withdraw and send BitCoins online. These BitCoins are accessible from any internet-capable device by visiting the website, and may be withdrawn to any BitCoin address or another Bit-Bank account (which is instantaneous).

Furthurmore, users are given a unique URL such as http://bit-bank.org/user/seeARMS (for my own wallet Smiley ), which displays your username and public BitCoin address. You can give this URL out to friends and family to allow them to deposit BitCoins directly into your online account.

In the near future I will be implementing functionality such as a feature-packed API to allow developers to query users for account balances, etc, as well as a merchant toolset to allow merchants to easily sell goods and services online without hassle. Hopefully this will spark more mainstream interest in BitCoins.

The core functionality is working flawlessly, however not everything (most likely appearance-wise) may be working 100%. Any input on security / appearance / anything is appreciated. Also, I installed an SSL certificate, just gotta restart Apache. Will get it done tomorrow.

Isn't this what mybitcoin.com is doing already? or is it a bit different?

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:28:39 PM

Hey everyone,

I constantly switch between many different computers and never have complete access to my wallet. So, the past few weeks I've been working on a new project: an online, secure eWallet. The website is located at: http://bit-bank.org, and is currently in beta status so I'd like a bit more input before going live.

I haven't used mybitcoin extensively but I don't believe they offer things such as a unique URL for every user.
Regardless, more than one Bitcoin Bank can exist happily. Competition is good. Smiley
bitbetter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:44:33 PM

Hey everyone,

I haven't used mybitcoin extensively but I don't believe they offer things such as a unique URL for every user.
Regardless, more than one Bitcoin Bank can exist happily. Competition is good. Smiley

Indeed--I stated that simply because I'm interested in those types of services. That is indeed what mybitcoin provides for you. The 'merchant tools' section of that site has all of those tools. My main complaint with the site (I only use it because there is no alternative I've found yet) is that it is laid out poorly and the Shopping Cart API is somewhat difficult to implement, using wordpress at least.

Granted--I haven't spent much time on messing with it, but it would be nice if it were easier to use. I think a HUGE plus would be if there was an ability to access the 'bank' on a cellphone via the net or an app. Being able to transfer the bitcoins on-the-go would be a great help to my endeavors at least, I'm sure many people feel similarly. I'll be checking up on this thread to see how it goes, good luck!

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 09:50:30 PM

Hey everyone,

Indeed--I stated that simply because I'm interested in those types of services. That is indeed what mybitcoin provides for you. The 'merchant tools' section of that site has all of those tools. My main complaint with the site (I only use it because there is no alternative I've found yet) is that it is laid out poorly and the Shopping Cart API is somewhat difficult to implement, using wordpress at least.

Granted--I haven't spent much time on messing with it, but it would be nice if it were easier to use. I think a HUGE plus would be if there was an ability to access the 'bank' on a cellphone via the net or an app. Being able to transfer the bitcoins on-the-go would be a great help to my endeavors at least, I'm sure many people feel similarly. I'll be checking up on this thread to see how it goes, good luck!
Thanks for the support. I'll be implementing a shopping-cart API (hopefully easier to use!) sometime in the near future. Also, I'll look into creating a mobile site as well - shouldn't be too hard really, just a toned-down version of the normal site accessible via the 'mobile' subdomain. Thanks for the ideas!
mouse

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 10:48:58 AM

A minimal fee of 0.01 BTC gets sent to Bit-Bank to allow the continued use of our services. Other than that, our services are entirely free.

So your service is completely free, except for the fees? Cheesy Cheesy

seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 03:24:06 PM

A minimal fee of 0.01 BTC gets sent to Bit-Bank to allow the continued use of our services. Other than that, our services are entirely free.

So your service is completely free, except for the fees? Cheesy Cheesy

Exactly. Smiley
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 04:09:56 PM

Just wanted to say how much I think this whole project/idea is FANTASTIC.

Cheers.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
cuddlefish

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:43:27 AM

You aren't secure. at all.Click here to give me 0.05 BTC!
mouse

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 04:06:28 AM

I'd suggest that if you wish to maintain credibility and actually gain some customers, you cease using the words 'secure' until you really know that for sure. Just saying that becuase you want it to be true is only going to hurt you. And your not just hurting your own venture, your also adding to view that Bitcoins themselves aren't secure, are a scam, etc etc.

Also, I believe in most countries around the worlds it's illegal to use the word 'bank' in a business name.
cuddlefish

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 04:22:53 AM

I'd suggest that if you wish to maintain credibility and actually gain some customers, you cease using the words 'secure' until you really know that for sure. Just saying that becuase you want it to be true is only going to hurt you. And your not just hurting your own venture, your also adding to view that Bitcoins themselves aren't secure, are a scam, etc etc.

Also, I believe in most countries around the worlds it's illegal to use the word 'bank' in a business name.
Too late.
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 04:53:52 AM

You aren't secure. at all.Click here to give me 0.05 BTC!
Well that's not too good. That's why I wanted to get feedback first - my main focus was improving security before releasing the site for good.
I'll add a random, user-specific token to the session to prevent cross-site forgery, as well as checking the referrer to ensure it doesn't happen.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Will do - I'll remove the phrases involving security until I know the site is indeed secure.

Thanks for the input guys.
mouse

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 06:12:06 AM

consider adding the token to a field on each page, instead of a cookie
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 11:12:05 PM

very nice work here
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:30:56 PM

The registration form only works if you open the top slider on the index page.

Maybe you want to fix that Wink
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 05:34:07 PM

very nice work here
Thanks.

Really? Where did you try registering on? The header is the exact same for every page so it should work. I'll take a look at it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 06:16:00 PM

Really? Where did you try registering on? The header is the exact same for every page so it should work. I'll take a look at it.

On your profile page Smiley It took me to a server error page, not sure if a 503, 404 or some other number. It was an apache error page, that's all i remember  Wink
seeARMS @ Bit-Bank (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 03:56:29 PM

Just an update: Apparently there's an issue with the network the Bitcoin daemon is currently hosted on. I'll be setting up a VPS tonight and getting the bitcoin daemon set up on it + the wallet transferred over.

This is why some coins might not have shown up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: