Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-23] Bittrex Issues Official Statement About Bitcoin Gold, Warns Users  (Read 15628 times)
Pumperdumper

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:42:20 PM

BTG hard fork seems nothing to bitcoiners, nothing significant and serious so far due to after bitcoin gold hardfork, its website came under ddos attack. BTG developers claim to re-decentralized mining industry of bitcoin, or in this case mining BTG (altcoin), and they mentioned to distribute BTG on November 1st, if that's true then we will wait until tomorrow. But, I don't have any clue to claim btg, maybe through coinomi wallet, as there is an article mentioned: Collecting your free Bitcoin Gold ($BTG) coins with Coinomi https://medium.com/@coinomi/collecting-your-free-bitcoin-gold-btg-coins-da937d4255d1
Looks like they are working on replay protection as well.
working on the same 2-way replay protection as Bitcoin Cash. Currently we have two implementations. PR1 is from our dev team and PR2 is from an anonymous person seeking the bounty. The two implementations are roughly the same but both need improvements on testing. https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-dev-update-1/

they don't have anything but several exchanges trading BTG coins they supported from the get go
they do not have the main net,no way to claim the coins,no replay protection,no team to make it happen it seems
and all the hassle for 0.01 or so (0.02 trading bitcoin-gitcoin gold,but I expect the price to plummet as soon as the free coins flood the market)
it makes me regret NOT keeping my coins at Yobit,haha
they were crediting BTG first and traded them 0.10 and 0.08 for quite some time
and yeah people were buying them at that price too!

I intentially kept my a portion of my trading coins on bittrex to take advantage of the statement posted in the original post. Only to find out that they haven't credited my account within the first seven days of the fork. Therefore I missed out on a decent trading price. Even without all the 'free' coins the price has plummeted to 130-ish dollars, only a bargain of bitcoins' price (rallying up to $6400 at the moment of writing this post).

130ish?

You must be living under a rock.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:48:37 AM

BTG just announced replay protection

Bitcoin Gold Daily Update – Replay Protection fully implemented
Nov 1, 2017 | Development
In order to ensure the safety of the Bitcoin ecosystem, Bitcoin Gold has implemented full replay protection, an essential feature that protects users’ coins from being spent unintentionally.
Bitcoin Gold has just implemented a solution called SIGHASH_FORK_ID replay protection. It is an effective two-way replay protection mechanism that enforces a new algorithm to calculate the hash of a transaction so that all new Bitcoin transactions will be invalid on Bitcoin Gold blockchain and vice versa. This makes replaying transactions impossible.
https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/pull/109
What is a transaction replay?
In the context of a Bitcoin fork, a replay happens when a transaction is valid on both sides of the fork. So a transaction can be broadcast on both chains after the fork and be a valid transaction and confirm on both. This means that if you intend on sending coins on one fork, you could accidentally end up sending your coins on the other fork as well since someone else could take your transaction and replay.
What is a replay protection?
Replay protection is a safety feature that makes sure that transactions on one chain are invalid on the other chain, thus preventing transaction replay and the possible resulting loss of funds. Replay protection can be achieved in multiple ways; anything from having a blacklisted address or output type (e.g. if an output to address X is in the transaction, consider it invalid) to changing the signature scheme to changing the transaction format entirely.

https://bitcoingold.org/replay-protection-development/

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:17:00 AM

In order to ensure the safety of the Bitcoin ecosystem, Bitcoin Gold has implemented full replay protection, an essential feature that protects users’ coins from being spent unintentionally.
Bitcoin Gold has just implemented a solution called SIGHASH_FORK_ID replay protection. It is an effective two-way replay protection mechanism that enforces a new algorithm to calculate the hash of a transaction so that all new Bitcoin transactions will be invalid on Bitcoin Gold blockchain and vice versa. This makes replaying transactions impossible.
In the context of a Bitcoin fork, a replay happens when a transaction is valid on both sides of the fork. So a transaction can be broadcast on both chains after the fork and be a valid transaction and confirm on both. This means that if you intend on sending coins on one fork, you could accidentally end up sending your coins on the other fork as well since someone else could take your transaction and replay.
Replay protection is a safety feature that makes sure that transactions on one chain are invalid on the other chain, thus preventing transaction replay and the possible resulting loss of funds. Replay protection can be achieved in multiple ways; anything from having a blacklisted address or output type (e.g. if an output to address X is in the transaction, consider it invalid) to changing the signature scheme to changing the transaction format entirely.

ok,so they are finally getting there,lets see if this replay protection of theirs is live
and oh,how about letting people claim their coins already,its November the 3rd here
I can't find any instructions on how to for any wallet or explanation or manuals
except for the list of supported wallets and exchanges

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:27:58 PM

ok,so they are finally getting there,lets see if this replay protection of theirs is live
and oh,how about letting people claim their coins already,its November the 3rd here
I can't find any instructions on how to for any wallet or explanation or manuals
except for the list of supported wallets and exchanges

Rumors are that they are private mining

This can spell two things - one they arbitrarily switch hardware to mine more coins despite price flucuation

Or two - they are private mining in order to find any bugs or issues.

If it's the first of the two - complete scam, if it's the second, this could very well be a legitimate coin.

The other rumor is that to get your coins you have to input your private key to their software. I'm unsure if exchanges are attempting to handle things for the consumers but this is a big red flag.

In the meantime - my advice is grab 5-10 coins when the price is under $110 (ESPECIALLY if it's 80-90) and then sell them the moment they hit $120-$150

From the look of it so far - Bitcoin Gold is about the same as EOS - speculative. Can be good, can be bad.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:45:28 PM

the thing is that in order to claim the coins you will have to sweep/export your private keys anyways
so if it is their software,just make sure your coins are elsewhere safe
none in his right mind should risk and sweep keys with coins in the wallet
them private mining is only rumours,very well can be true
but the amount of mined coins can be establish upon the main net launch- total minus their "official" premine
so I guess they are trying to weed the bugs out,since they are behind the schedule

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Pumperdumper

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:16:44 PM

the thing is that in order to claim the coins you will have to sweep/export your private keys anyways
so if it is their software,just make sure your coins are elsewhere safe
none in his right mind should risk and sweep keys with coins in the wallet
them private mining is only rumours,very well can be true
but the amount of mined coins can be establish upon the main net launch- total minus their "official" premine
so I guess they are trying to weed the bugs out,since they are behind the schedule

I am almost positive that any derivative of BTC is going to suck off profit gained by BTC.

The mining community wants to operate at a profit and if BTC is moving up - the miners will keep looking for better mining opportunities. This was shown by BCH in August and it might happen again with BTG.

So if I was a miner mining BTC - once the value goes up for 2-3 weeks, I would switch to BCH or BTG. If I had even 2k invested in BTC - I would move it to BCH or BTG the moment it starts coming up from a bear trend.

Would you agree or disagree?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: