Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Campaigns  (Read 325 times)
Valkyria_Obscura (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:00:45 AM

Potentially a stupid question but I'm trying to get my head around the elements of an ICO. I keep seeing the term used but I'm not sure what it refers to in this context.

I've checked a few announcement threads but I'm still a bit lost, can anyone ELI5 it for me?

Thanks in advance,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:18:22 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 09:18:50 AM by 13abyknight

Basically bounty campaigns are incentives offered by a project to advertise themselves to the general public through various methods like signature campaigns, twitter, facebook, blogs, videos etc. For taking part in any of these, you will be rewarded with pertaining tokens at the end of campaign which you will be able to trade or use on their platform.
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:21:05 AM

Bounty campaigns is nothing but under these campaigns there are many platforms and different ways defined by the companies for their project that how they will reward their coins.
Like in most of the the Bounty Campaigns you may have seen:-
Facebook, Twitter, Signature Campaigns, etc.
These are few ways to earn their coins.
In facebook and twitter like social sites you have to follow their pages and have to share their posts. And in signature campaigns you have to use their signature in your profile. Like wise there are few more things like signature i.e. Avatar, Personal Text.
It will always be mentioned that how much % of the total coins will be distributed to different campaigns.

Valkyria_Obscura (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:48:58 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 11:19:38 AM by Valkyria_Obscura

Cheers guys,

That makes sense. The token economy and the new economic models are being formed around smart contracts are fascinating but I was out of crypto shortly before the Ethereum crowdsale so didn't get to watch (or profit from) it all growing up organically.

Appreciate the assist.
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:03:54 AM

Bounty campaigns is nothing but under these campaigns there are many platforms and different ways defined by the companies for their project that how they will reward their coins.
In facebook and twitter like social sites you have to follow their pages and have to share their posts. And in signature campaigns you have to use their signature in your profile. Like wise there are few more things like signature i.e. Avatar, Personal Text.
It will always be mentioned that how much % of the total coins will be distributed to different campaigns.

But offcourse the main reason is to promote their coin. Sometimes basing on how they advertise their coin is a good way of identifying if a coin is worth investing. Because they are ready to spend money just for the sake of their coin to be recognized and the risk of knowing their services in every social media. for me those are legit because if ever they are scam, they are already known in the web and it is easy to report.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:11:45 AM

Bounty program is an event of one of the starups / developers of crypto coins through a bounty campaign to offer their coins to Bounty Hunters to be promoted in return. Bounty hunters will get rewards in the form of crypto coins / token coins launched by starups or that are being developed by the developer. Rewards will usually be paid after the ICO event is over. Then the coin / token rewards we get can be redeemed to btc, ethereum or altcoin in the available market.
ZoonearNTR

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:18:07 AM

Bounty campaigns are those where through which ICO's promote their coins.It is the best way for them to promote their coin.Through this programs they get investors for them.Also bounty hunters will get rewarded for doing bounty jobs. Also bounty jobs are hard and you need to be focused on it.It takes lots of time and effort for doing bounty jobs though they will get rewards.
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:50:33 AM

But offcourse the main reason is to promote their coin. Sometimes basing on how they advertise their coin is a good way of identifying if a coin is worth investing. Because they are ready to spend money just for the sake of their coin to be recognized and the risk of knowing their services in every social media. for me those are legit because if ever they are scam, they are already known in the web and it is easy to report.

Ya you are right, the main reason is to promote their coin.

lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:08:00 PM

Bounty program is an event of one of the starups / developers of crypto coins through a bounty campaign to offer their coins to Bounty Hunters to be promoted in return. Bounty hunters will get rewards in the form of crypto coins / token coins launched by starups or that are being developed by the developer. Rewards will usually be paid after the ICO event is over. Then the coin / token rewards we get can be redeemed to btc, ethereum or altcoin in the available market.

This one is true, One ico will not going to be success if there is no participants that will wear their banner and avatar. While promoting their token to this industry there many categories to promote the tokens then social media can also be use for the campaign so it can be promote it in fast things here. And of there many investor in this industry that could get curious about the signature code and avatar they saw, something like that.
tamanegi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:37:26 AM

Bounty campaign is a part of marketing strategy wherein the development team offering the public or participants to take part on their launching project. The participants received a bitcoin or altcoin as a form of payment. Widely known bounty campaigns are signature, facebook and tweeter campaign.
Artem57

Activity: 232
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:58:51 PM

bounty company is the very first stage of the development of a crypto-currency project where the organizers try to advertise their project as much as possible and present it to the public. In general, advertising takes place in social networks and on this forum

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: