Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:57:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with my new mining setup! Seeking advice  (Read 2375 times)
russellvb

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:46:35 PM

My CPU is a Intel Celeron G1840 Processor.  It was recommended on a mining forum.  I don't have a different one to swap with, but I could buy a better one.  Would you suggest an i3?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:57:20 PM

The processor here there is nothing. I am sure that if you replace it then you have the problem not solved. Error code 12 is a problem with the driver. You need to pay attention to software. If you modified the BIOS of your GPU then you will not fit a standard driver. At me such problem was with one card but after updating the driver everything works fine.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:37:26 PM

My CPU is a Intel Celeron G1840 Processor.  It was recommended on a mining forum.  I don't have a different one to swap with, but I could buy a better one.  Would you suggest an i3?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new One guy found a way how to probably fix it. Go check it out! Smiley

huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 02:38:32 PM

Have you tried manually selecting the driver for the erroring card? ie: right click, select driver, etc?

Also try disabling and then enabling the card a couple of times. Sometimes that jolts them into working (on older ASrock boards anyway)...

If you've installed the drivers several times you might need to ddu them and start again.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
russellvb

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:58:05 PM

Holy crap guys...I made progress.  Thanks to the link provided by smoolae, I have 5 cards working.  Only 1 card has the yellow bang now!

Here's a copy/paste of the post from the other post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new

make new key "HackFlags" as (DWORD 32) set value 0x600 as (Hex) in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PnP\Pci\
and reboot.

User q43a0ef061ej provided this information.  Maybe if I fiddle with things a bit more I can get all 6 cards working!?
parkers

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:12:45 PM

AsRock should think about this problem. Because it's affecting only on AsRock motherboards.
Had no problem with Biostar motherboard yet.
russellvb

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:11:57 PM

Hey guys, I figured mine out.  In Device Manager, I selected "View" > "Devices by connection".  The 1 card with a yellow bang was then listed next to an audio device.  I disabled the audio device and IMMEDIATELY the 6th card started working.  Ahhhh thanks everyone for the help.

haggyy, try the registry patch above, then try viewing in Device Manager and disabling any devices in the same connection/folder, I'd like to hear that yours is working...
haggyy (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:25:04 PM

Have you tried manually selecting the driver for the erroring card? ie: right click, select driver, etc?

Also try disabling and then enabling the card a couple of times. Sometimes that jolts them into working (on older ASrock boards anyway)...

If you've installed the drivers several times you might need to ddu them and start again.

Hey thanks for the reply, i've tried this still the same issues.

Holy crap guys...I made progress.  Thanks to the link provided by smoolae, I have 5 cards working.  Only 1 card has the yellow bang now!

Here's a copy/paste of the post from the other post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new

make new key "HackFlags" as (DWORD 32) set value 0x600 as (Hex) in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PnP\Pci\
and reboot.

User q43a0ef061ej provided this information.  Maybe if I fiddle with things a bit more I can get all 6 cards working!?

Hey guys, I figured mine out.  In Device Manager, I selected "View" > "Devices by connection".  The 1 card with a yellow bang was then listed next to an audio device.  I disabled the audio device and IMMEDIATELY the 6th card started working.  Ahhhh thanks everyone for the help.

haggyy, try the registry patch above, then try viewing in Device Manager and disabling any devices in the same connection/folder, I'd like to hear that yours is working...

That's great Russel!!!! So glad to hear that you got all 6 working now!! I will report back i'm going to try and find some time this evening to work on the rig.
thebigjdoe

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:34:25 PM

That motherboard with 6x1070 word pretty much out of the box for me.  Start with 1 card.  Install windows.  Install drivers.  Add a gpu, boot computer, WAIT 5 MiNUTES even with an SSD!  I swear windows searches the entire globe for drivers even though you have them installed, so after 5 minutes check device manager and you should have 2 cards.

Repeat this process with each card.  Remember to WAIT after you boot, like an abnormal amount of time, sometimes after 5 minutes or so the new card will be recognized.  Each time you shut down and and a card and reboot it will take a bit to recognize it.

If something doesnt get recognized it is 99% your riser.  there is no QC on those risers and about 5-10% are just bad
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:37:10 PM

That motherboard with 6x1070 word pretty much out of the box for me.  Start with 1 card.  Install windows.  Install drivers.  Add a gpu, boot computer, WAIT 5 MiNUTES even with an SSD!  I swear windows searches the entire globe for drivers even though you have them installed, so after 5 minutes check device manager and you should have 2 cards.

Repeat this process with each card.  Remember to WAIT after you boot, like an abnormal amount of time, sometimes after 5 minutes or so the new card will be recognized.  Each time you shut down and and a card and reboot it will take a bit to recognize it.

If something doesnt get recognized it is 99% your riser.  there is no QC on those risers and about 5-10% are just bad

Hey man thanks for the reply, interesting to know thank you, I will definitely give this a go and start from scratch if all else fails.
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:51:10 PM

My CPU is a Intel Celeron G1840 Processor.  It was recommended on a mining forum.  I don't have a different one to swap with, but I could buy a better one.  Would you suggest an i3?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new One guy found a way how to probably fix it. Go check it out! Smiley

Also thank you smoolae for this interesting share will check this out ASAP !  Smiley
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:11:04 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 06:35:14 PM by haggyy

Right guys I've just tried editing the registry however I seem to be getting the same problem, just in case I am doing something completely wrong take a quick look at the screen shot and check that the value is correct.

After creating the registry key, I've rebooted and gone back into device manager, here are the results:

http://i66.tinypic.com/k1v0qt.png

Thanks

q43a0ef061ej

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 12:57:27 AM by q43a0ef061ej

hi, haggyy.

Hey guys, I figured mine out.  In Device Manager, I selected "View" > "Devices by connection".  The 1 card with a yellow bang was then listed next to an audio device.  I disabled the audio device and IMMEDIATELY the 6th card started working.  Ahhhh thanks everyone for the help.

IRQ is limited resources.
You can try allocate IRQ to video cards by disabling "some devices consuming IRQ".

update: Sorry. It seems to be a problem of memory mapping, not IRQ.

ty
russellvb

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

haggy, your registry setting looks good.

Your screenshot shows an Intel Display Driver.  Go ahead and uninstall that driver and remove the driver files, it isn't helping anything (onboard graphics should be disabled in bios anyhow).

In device manager, did you try sorting "by connection"?  That will hopefully show you the conflicting device using the same IRQ or port/memory address.

I'm cheering for you to get up and running...
q43a0ef061ej

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:25:32 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 07:36:23 PM by q43a0ef061ej

hi, guys.

By the way,

I examined the difference between G1840 and G3260.
They had the same number of PCIE lanes.

So, I guess that the problem of PCIE coming from the difference between these two CPUs can be ignored.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:12:35 PM

The processor here there is nothing. I am sure that if you replace it then you have the problem not solved. Error code 12 is a problem with the driver. You need to pay attention to software. If you modified the BIOS of your GPU then you will not fit a standard driver. At me such problem was with one card but after updating the driver everything works fine.

actually that's not true, and if you read he hasn't even had a chance to mod the bios, code 12 can relate to a few things, ram being one of them, the cpu being another I use a skylake intel Pentium dual 3ghz cpu, the kabylake cpus are crap if you browsed the forum youd find lots of posts of people having issues with the kabbylake cpus only handling 4 gpus while the skylake ones can handle the full 6+. the problem is people like you giving people like him shitty ass information

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:13:37 PM

hi, guys.

By the way,

I examined the difference between G1840 and G3260.
They had the same number of PCIE lanes.

So, I guess that the problem of PCIE coming from the difference between these two CPUs can be ignored.

they both kabylake or skylake? it does make a difference, if it did not there wouldn't have been numerous people reporting problems with the kabylake cpus

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:15:00 PM

no i3 is just waste of money, get yourself a intel Pentium cpu dual core one, and make sure its the skylake and not the kabylake cpu

q43a0ef061ej

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:22:27 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 12:52:07 AM by q43a0ef061ej

hi, guys.

Both G1840 and G3260 belong to Haswell.

Also,
I looked into the details of HackFlags.

Unlike my expectation,
This option works to increase the limit register of "buffer size of enumerating PCI Express bridge devices"  from the initial value.

For example,
If you install an unusual number of video cards (like mining rig) with the default limit register value,
"PCIE device enumeration buffer" overflows due to too many PCIE devices,
Code12 exception seems to occur.

In addition to setting HackFlags,
disabling "some unnecessary PCIE devices" will reduce the occurrence of overflow.

Perhaps, Updating the "PCI Express root port" driver may also help you.
(ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0's "PCI Express root port" have more fit driver at WindowsUpdate named "intel(r) 8 series/c220 series pci express root port".)

Update: Sorry. Maybe this does not matter.

ty
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:07:23 PM

Thanks so much for all the useful information guys, I am going to attempt to work on the rig sometime this evening or tomorrow and I will report back asap!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: