Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:47:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with my new mining setup! Seeking advice  (Read 2375 times)
haggyy (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:56:21 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 08:12:59 PM by haggyy

Hi guys !

I have recently built a new mining rig over the course of the weekend however I have come across a few issues after installing the OS.

I currently only have a total of 3 GPU's (looking to add more at a later time) all 3 GPU's are fully recognised by Windows 10 however one of them states an error under device manager:
"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Image:
http://i64.tinypic.com/2h38xgl.png

I've installed to the latest drivers, I've even tried moving the cards around on difference PCIe slots on the board however the issue still remains.

My main system specs are as follows:

- Intel Pentium G3260 3.3GHZ CPU
- Asrock H81 BTC PRO R2.0 Mobo
- 4GB DDR3 Hyper X 1866Mhz Memory
- 3 x Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB GPU's
- EVGA 1000W PSU
- 60GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit (un-activated)

Other methods I've tried before resulting in posting for advice here:

- Flashed my motherboard to the latest BIOS.
- Increasing virtual memory to 16GB and even tried to look for the TOLUD setting in BIOS but I cant find that setting anywhere.
- Set the PCIe lanes to Gen 1 in the BIOS.
- I've also tried unplugging a GPU in different orders and when two are running together the Code 12 message doesn't appear in device manager, however when 3 are plugged in and powered on the Code 12 error will appear on one of the cards.

All 3 GPU's are working as I've tested them individually. I've also tested the PCI risers individually and it appears they all work too..
Is it possible any of my system specs are being bottle necked somewhere here? Are the newer GTX 1060's to much for a LGA1150 system? Can't figure it out  Huh

If there is a guru out there who knows how to resolve this I would be eternally great full as I've spent countless hours on trying to sort this out with no avail.  Cry

Many thanks
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:56:32 PM

enabled 4g decoding?
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:06:29 PM

Hi guys !

I have recently built a new mining rig over the course of the weekend however I have come across a few issues after installing the OS.

I currently only have a total of 3 GPU's (looking to add more at a later time) all 3 GPU's are fully recognised by Windows 10 however one of them states an error under device manager:
"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Image:

I've installed to the latest drivers, I've even tried moving the cards around on difference PCIe slots on the board however the issue still remains.

My main system specs are as follows:

- Intel Pentium G3260 3.3GHZ CPU
- Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 Mobo
- 4GB DDR3 Hyper X 1866Mhz Memory
- 3 x Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB GPU's
- EVGA 1000W PSU
- 60GB SSD

Other methods I've tried before resulting in posting for advice here:

- Flashed my motherboard to the latest BIOS.
- Increasing virtual memory to 16GB and even tried to look for the TOLUD setting in BIOS but I cant find that setting anywhere.
- Set the PCIe lanes to Gen 1 in the BIOS.
- I've also tried unplugging a GPU in different orders and when two are running together the Code 12 message doesn't appear in device manager, however when 3 are plugged in and powered on the Code 12 error will appear on one of the cards.

All 3 GPU's are working as I've tested them individually. I've also tested the PCIe riser individually and it appears they all work too..
Is it possible any of my system specs are being bottle necked somewhere here? Are the newer GTX 1060's to much for a LGA1150 system? Can't figure it out  Huh

If there is a guru out there who knows how to resolve this I would be eternally great full as I've spent countless hours on trying to sort this out with no avail.  Cry

Many thanks

Checked the image dude. It states that your display adapter does not detect one of card you have added in your PCI slot. Check the riser line from the PCI whether the connectivity lined up properly or not.
In PCI bus it is been connected dude. Try to change the card in different slot whether it is working or not to confirm the issue.

Check this link. It might be useful for you.
https://hardforum.com/threads/gpus-not-recognized-with-pci-e-risers.1936648/
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:30:44 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 03:15:23 PM by haggyy

enabled 4g decoding?

Hey man, thanks for the reply, I've done some research into that and the Asrock PRO BTC R2.0 motherboard doesn't allow you to amend this feature, supposedly the BIOS is pre configured and designed for mining out of the box. (I presume 4g decoding is already enabled)
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:38:18 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 03:16:04 PM by haggyy

Checked the image dude. It states that your display adapter does not detect one of card you have added in your PCI slot. Check the riser line from the PCI whether the connectivity lined up properly or not.
In PCI bus it is been connected dude. Try to change the card in different slot whether it is working or not to confirm the issue.

Check this link. It might be useful for you.
https://hardforum.com/threads/gpus-not-recognized-with-pci-e-risers.1936648/

Hey thanks for the reply bro, I've already tested this by changing the risers in multiple orders but the problem still persists, for some weird reason it just doesn't like having a 3rd GPU on the motherboard. I really cant figure out what the underlying issue is.  Embarrassed  I've also tried fresh installing the drivers in safe mode multiple times thinking it would be software related.

EDIT: updated on a few posts below, appears to be issues moving the risers around.
Ljam018

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

Hey dude try to install the GPU Drive in the picture your Motherboard can't read properly your GPU try it bro.......
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:55:12 PM

I would reset the BIOS to default and then only disable onboard stuff you don't need through the BIOS.
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:07:06 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 03:24:30 PM by haggyy

Okay so I've just come across another issue, I  started to move the risers and around a bit and put them all in a different configuration and now only 1 GPU is showing! (The one in the PCIe x16 lane) Its bizarre, do you guys think its possibly a motherboard issue here? Or maybe the risers are the problem? Or is it because I installed the GPU drivers in the certain PCI slots originally?

http://i63.tinypic.com/2cz9b90.png

EDIT: Re-installed the drivers when the GPU's are in the different PCI slots, all three now show however one still has the Code 12 error within device manager.
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:13:27 PM

I would reset the BIOS to default and then only disable onboard stuff you don't need through the BIOS.

Hey man, I did have the factory BIOS in place originally and had the same issues, this is what made me flash the BIOS to the later version in the end but the end result left with the same problem.  Cry

Hey dude try to install the GPU Drive in the picture your Motherboard can't read properly your GPU try it bro.......

Hey, sorry man I don't quite get what you mean!  Cheesy
P00P135

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:21:41 PM

So what you want to do is plug in each GPU to the 16x slot to make sure they are working and recognized.  Then when you know they are all working properly you test each Riser package on one GPU to make sure all the risers parts work.  Once you've established those are not the problem then you can dig around the BIOS and windows drivers.  Usually when there is an exclamation mark in device manager you can manually point the GPU to the proper drivers on your hard drive, which usually fixes it.
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:39:32 PM

So what you want to do is plug in each GPU to the 16x slot to make sure they are working and recognized.  Then when you know they are all working properly you test each Riser package on one GPU to make sure all the risers parts work.  Once you've established those are not the problem then you can dig around the BIOS and windows drivers.  Usually when there is an exclamation mark in device manager you can manually point the GPU to the proper drivers on your hard drive, which usually fixes it.

Hey bro, yes I've already performed these checks however since you mentioned it again I just checked again, all 3 cards work in 16x slot, and each one of the risers work fine and boot into windows visually no problems.

I am debating to do a fresh install Windows 10 as my last resort to see if there is something wrong possibly a corrupt registry file in the OS. Other than that I really cant think of what else I can do to resolve this issue.

One thing to note is i'm not currently using an activated version of Windows 10, I know this should only effect the personalised options and I wouldn't expect it to restrict the amount of VGA cards used.
I am not to sure if anyone else can confirm they use a non activated version of windows 10 with 2+ GPU's running fine can they?

Thanks again guys for your input if any one else has any more solutions please send them this way!!
P00P135

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:04:27 PM

I don't use an activated windows 10 and run 8 GPU's just fine.  So you never did mention if you disabled everything in bios and made sure everything was set properly.  You should really look up the settings you need to activate/disable as they can hog up pci lanes that could contribute to the error you have.
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:30:04 PM

I don't use an activated windows 10 and run 8 GPU's just fine.  So you never did mention if you disabled everything in bios and made sure everything was set properly.  You should really look up the settings you need to activate/disable as they can hog up pci lanes that could contribute to the error you have.

Hey man, yeah I believe that this particular motherboard is very limited in what you can turn off and turn on, due to it being a "mining" motherboard there isn't really to much I can change as its meant to be preset ready with certain features already enabled or disabled. The only main thing I can change is the PCIe speed to Gen 1 or Gen 2 in which I have tried changing a few times to see if it has made a difference, but the problem still persists.
P00P135

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:33:40 PM

Only thing left I can think of is did you plug in the molex power connectors to the mobo?  You shouldnt need them if you are using powered risers, but mobo's can be picky.
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:45:22 PM

Only thing left I can think of is did you plug in the molex power connectors to the mobo?  You shouldnt need them if you are using powered risers, but mobo's can be picky.

I did indeed, I've plugged both 4 pin molex connectors in by the PCI slots even though the risers I am using are powered ones, i've tried both with them plugged in and without them plugged in.  Cry
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:51:31 PM

There is a setting called "Share Memory" and it is originally on"Auto". I haven't ever really checked what does it too, but maybe it is the same as TOLUD? Maybe You can change it to something better?

In BIOS go Advanced\Chipset Configuration and find "Share Memory"

Maybe, just maybe it helps...

bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:57:37 PM

Hello,

At which speed did you configure your GPU ? Try to put them in PCI Express "Gen1" in the BIOS

It could also be your PSU not big enough, but 1000W should be OK for 3*GTX 1060...

Which generation of risers is it ? Which color ?

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:21:54 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 07:32:03 PM by haggyy

Hello,

At which speed did you configure your GPU ? Try to put them in PCI Express "Gen1" in the BIOS

It could also be your PSU not big enough, but 1000W should be OK for 3*GTX 1060...

Which generation of risers is it ? Which color ?

Hey, man, speed is set to Gen1 in the BIOS, I worked out a 1000W PSU should be enough to power 6 x 1060's.
These are the risers I purchased from amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074CSZSSD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The build quality of them do not seem to bad, they all work, but do you think these could be a reason why the 3 GPU's are not working in unison?

There is a setting called "Share Memory" and it is originally on"Auto". I haven't ever really checked what does it too, but maybe it is the same as TOLUD? Maybe You can change it to something better?

In BIOS go Advanced\Chipset Configuration and find "Share Memory"

Maybe, just maybe it helps...

Hey man, interesting I will give that a go and report back asap.

UPDATE: Tried multiple settings but with no luck  Cry
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:45:06 PM

1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU. Efficiency is better and You can have a nice night sleep knowing that You aren't pushing Your PSU too hard)
Try GEN2 on Your PCI-E lanes.

haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:10:45 PM

1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU. Efficiency is better and You can have a nice night sleep knowing that You aren't pushing Your PSU too hard)
Try GEN2 on Your PCI-E lanes.

That is very true!! and yes I tried Gen 2 a still problems with the 3rd GPU  Cry

I really don't know what else to try, I completed another fresh install of windows thinking it would be maybe a reg key that had got corrupt but yeah didn't work..

Debating to buy 3 more PCI risers and possibly RMA the motherboard for a new one or different one..

I've tried to reach out to Asrock but they haven't got back to me yet. Its so frustrating because this motherboard is meant to be a mining board, I wasn't expecting any of these problems...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: