Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will altcoins pump after BTC hard fork?  (Read 1901 times)
szesch (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:00:33 AM

Due to BTC hard fork, most altcoins are decreasing for weeks.
After last forks, people think they can make money. I don't think it's possible this time, but that's not my point.
While market cap remained constant, many people transferred altcoins into BTCs.
Now my question is, do you believe this trend will go into reverse?
I'm quite sure BTC decrease sharply after fork, but will altcoins increase or market cap decrease?
Glad to hear your opinions!
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:05:52 AM

After last forks, people think they can make money. I don't think it's possible this time, but that's not my point.
I'm quite sure BTC decrease sharply after fork, but will altcoins increase or market cap decrease?

This hardfork has been quite profitable for me, I'd say it depends on strategy more as that it rely's on up/down. You need movement in a market to make money, up and down both will do. Also got to snatch some coins that would else be to expensive.

But for your question:
- I believe that some coins might not fully recover
- Think altcoin market cap will see some gains yes.

Bergluft

Activity: 161
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:51:49 AM

This hardfork has been quite profitable for me, I'd say it depends on strategy more as that it rely's on up/down. You need movement in a market to make money, up and down both will do. Also got to snatch some coins that would else be to expensive.

But for your question:

Wouldn't it be wiser to invest in Altcoins before/during the fork. I mean, a few days after the fork, you will be a laggard only following the new trends. In my opinion, this is really about the decision whether you would want Bitcoin Gold OR invest in a cheap Altcoin instead.

Ah yeah.
xFGND

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:55:45 AM

But for your question:

Wouldn't it be wiser to invest in Altcoins before/during the fork. I mean, a few days after the fork, you will be a laggard only following the new trends. In my opinion, this is really about the decision whether you would want Bitcoin Gold OR invest in a cheap Altcoin instead.

If you want to hold out for that long, sure. But demand most likely won't go back up the same unless a market shift. So unless you have enough buy orders to actually move the price 3-5%, just stick with btc.
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:07:31 PM

It seems that alts will definitely recover but probably not to the levels that they were at previously. I expect many to begin to recover later today and tomorrow though, in advance of the fork actually happening.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
szesch (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:15:01 PM

Thanks for your opinions so far.
So today is a good day to buy altcoins, isn't it?
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:19:26 PM

But for your question:

Basically this. For example, before the last "crash" (china), doge was riding a high wave, sitting at 200 mil $ marketcap. It now sits at half that, even though most alts recovered, at the very least partially. Think hard about buying dips because they might not go up again, at least for a while.
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 12:21:56 PM

I think eventually some altcoins will recover to where they were at. I'm sure this drop will leave some coins down and out though. Just need to be smart and try to pick the winners! Either way it's a good to for some potentially big profits if you make the right moves.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
szesch (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:32:22 PM

But for your question:

Basically this. For example, before the last "crash" (china), doge was riding a high wave, sitting at 200 mil $ marketcap. It now sits at half that, even though most alts recovered, at the very least partially. Think hard about buying dips because they might not go up again, at least for a while.

Sorry, but most coins didn't recover, which is due to the upcoming hard fork I guess. So which coins do you mean when you say 'most alts'?
I agree that some coins might not completely recover, but if you buy now, any kind of recovery will result in a profit.

BTW: Should have mentioned that all my altcoins are currently between +100% and + 2,000%, so we are not talking about losses, but about maximizing profits.
Of course I also thought about switching my alts into BTC, but as I don't believe this fork will allow big profits, I didn't.
My question should have been 'Is it a good day to extend your altcoin portfolio?'
jednostka

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:13:44 PM

This will not happen immediately, but there is no doubt that there will be another movement in the altcoins within 1 month. Pick up at cheap price and sell big price.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 01:41:14 PM

I think the good ones will!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:54:55 PM

Buy FEAR Sell Greed/news!
Now all people sell alt so in my opinion a good chance to put some bucks on good alt for long term.
In short term nothing can say

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:08:34 PM

Just don't expect too much after the fork because we will never know what will happen. What if after the fork, bitcoin won't be that affected like that fork last August. We will just have to wait until the fork happens and it won't happen right away mind you, sometimes it takes a week for the after math of the fork to happen.
Mr

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:15:20 PM

Altcoins will be pumped. I think the percentage is around 90%. But not altcoins/USD pair. The price of bitcoin will decrease and the price of altcoins will increase with the pair altcoins/bitcoin. People at the moment do not care about altcoins because the hard forks is more important than anything. People want to receive free coin as well as see how strong bitcoin can be after this hard fork

None of the above
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:25:49 PM

Looking at the previously experienced fork, folks now understand that the underlying principles of BTC blockchain is still a primer to other cryptocurrencies. While there isn't a direct relationship between BTC value and other cryptocurrencies, stakes, ICOs and tokens are the real determinants of altcoin values.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

I think everything will change. Bitcoin will go down and altcoin grow up. It is instantaneous because everyone buying bitcoin for how the biggest bitcoin gold.
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:45:51 PM

I don't think they will recover though most people think so, to me they will decrease more once bitcoin start to crashes after the fork.
kamudd

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:03:59 PM

most people must have an opinion that after hard fork happens all altcoin will rise simultaneously and bitcoin will discard, but i can not determine what will happen and can only watch and accept what will happen.

unarcher

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:07:23 PM

I personnaly think altcoins would hard pump like crazy after Bitcoin Gold, but this wont last very long
Would be time to take profit and convert to BTC again before next fork
BTC would crash a bit, maybe to 4200 dollars, but would recover fast and he would crush 7k barrier before next fork
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:15:39 PM

I think some altcoins will surely rise again and i am planning of making an investment in some altcoins for i can see a higher income with that.

After the hardfork, investors may sell their BTC if the price of BTC will go lower than the price now and may result of investment in altcoins

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀