Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I really lose my Monero(XMR)?  (Read 269 times)
bison160 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:27:40 PM

I am new to Monero, but have done plenty of business with other coins. I sent a deposit to Cryptopia using "mymonero" web wallet. In the web wallet I noticed it said payment ID optional, so I did not use it. My monero never showed up at Cryptopia. I went to verify the transaction and address were correct at Cryptopia. So I clicked deposit and noticed that it says "Payment ID required" or you will lose your deposit. Did I really just lose my almost $100 worth of XMR?

Where did it go? Are they really just going to keep my XMR? If so they are absolute Crooks.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 01:31:49 PM

Cryptopia are not crooks i have used them over a year with many coins not 1 problem. I do not like a few things but they do not steel! I would look at the webwallet as the source of your loss but not Cryptopia. Just my 2 cents.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
bison160 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:52:56 PM

Yeah, but they have my XMR. So your telling me if you went to the bank, handed them a $100 bill and said, "please deposit this into account #012345678 and instead of doing so, they just decided to keep it because you didn't tell them the name of the persons account, you would be OK with that?

The least they could do is say, Hey, we need to know the name of the person on the account so we can deposit the money.

Obviously XMR doesn't REQUIRE a payment ID.

And at the end of the day. They are the ones keeping my money. Not the web wallet.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:24:57 PM

Yeah, but they have my XMR. So your telling me if you went to the bank, handed them a $100 bill and said, "please deposit this into account #012345678 and instead of doing so, they just decided to keep it because you didn't tell them the name of the persons account, you would be OK with that?

The least they could do is say, Hey, we need to know the name of the person on the account so we can deposit the money.

And at the end of the day. They are the ones keeping my money. Not the web wallet.

The thing is you made a mistake already by sending your monero without including an option that Cryptopia insists on. I dont think your funds are lost. Cryptopia are a decent and legit company. You should contact them or open a support ticket, it may take a while but eventually they will credit your account.
bison160 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:23:05 PM

The thing is you made a mistake already by sending your monero without including an option that Cryptopia insists on. I dont think your funds are lost. Cryptopia are a decent and legit company. You should contact them or open a support ticket, it may take a while but eventually they will credit your account.

I did open a support ticket. Hopefully you are correct. I haven't done much trading with them before, so no sure what to expect. Maybe I'm just unlucky but have had nothing but bad experiences so far with them. They questionably delisted signatum, although I only had a test amount there, but that was still disappointing. Then I went to deposit my Hush the other day when I saw it was spiking, but the wallet was disabled so I could do nothing with it. Now this....IDK, just seems like a lot of issues, but the respect you guys have for them is encouraging that I will eventually see my XMR again someday...
mysteryman01

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:19:27 PM

Did you recover from Cryptopia? And in what time frame if so? Because I am unfortunately in the same situation...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: