Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should be done to collect both BCH and BTG?  (Read 397 times)
seek4dream (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:15:39 PM

I have been keeping my bitcoin in Bitcoin Core wallet since long time ago.
I haven't done anything to claim BCH, and now there is BTG airdrop coming.
What should be done to collect both BCH and BTG, after the BTG airdrop?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

I think bitcoin core didn't supported the last fork of bitcoins. In the airdrop of BTG and BCH, you are just to hodl your bitcoin in your wallet. But make sure that, that wallet is supporting the fork. If not, then find and exchange that accepts the fork.
seek4dream (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:33:00 PM

I think bitcoin core didn't supported the last fork of bitcoins. In the airdrop of BTG and BCH, you are just to hodl your bitcoin in your wallet. But make sure that, that wallet is supporting the fork. If not, then find and exchange that accepts the fork.

Are you sure about this?
I remember there was some guide about how to claim BCH from bitcoin core wallet.
I just wonder if all I should do is hold bitcoin in my bitcoin core wallet, and I can claim whatever airdrop, like BCH, BTG, B2X
tuapoma

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:04:51 PM

Why BCH when you can DASH?

Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:21:04 PM

The Bitcoin forked coins can be collected by importing your private key into a supported fork wallet.
You can export your private key by typing this command in the console: "dumpprivkey <your bitcoin address>", of course without
quotation marks.
It might be needed to decrypt your wallet first by "walletpassphrase <your-wallet-passphrase 300>", which will decrypt your wallet for 5 minutes.
Make sure you find the a suited wallet on the fork's authentic website so you don't lose both of your balances.
seek4dream (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:23:03 PM

The Bitcoin forked coins can be collected by importing your private key into a supported fork wallet.
You can export your private key by typing this command in the console: "dumpprivkey <your bitcoin address>", of course without
quotation marks.
It might be needed to decrypt your wallet first by "walletpassphrase <your-wallet-passphrase 300>", which will decrypt your wallet for 5 minutes.
Make sure you find the a suited wallet on the fork's authentic website so you don't lose both of your balances.

Thanks for your advice.
I wonder how can I get all my bitcoin addresses?
I also heard that it is recommended to transfer btc to another address before claiming forked coins.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:39:05 PM

quotation marks.

Thanks for your advice.
I wonder how can I get all my bitcoin addresses?
I also heard that it is recommended to transfer btc to another address before claiming forked coins.
To list all address use the command "listreceivedbyaddress", this will list all addresses that already have received transactions.
It's recommended to transfer your BTC to a new address, with a new private key. To prevent your coins from being stolen through a replay attack, although a patch has been implemented in most wallets it's still a good thing to do. Because your BTC still could get stolen when you import your private key in a malicious client or when your keystrokes/data get tapped. 
tuapoma

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:18:39 AM

BTC is dead and split, while BTCxBCH whales fight, the DASH Digital Cash is the best option!
tuapoma

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:04:06 PM

while BTCxBCHxBTGxLTC whales fight, the DASH is the best option!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: