Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It happened with Bitcoin. It happened with LTC. And now it is happening again...  (Read 399 times)
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 03:53:24 PM

Today's update from ArtByte

Activating SegWit on ArtByte requires consensus of 80% of the miners. Every miner we have been able to identify and talk to has upgraded to the latest version (v13.01) which has SegWit enabled.

There is still one or perhaps a few miners who have not upgraded and are using the old v8 code. Since they have not upgraded, they are in fact blocking ArtByte from enabling SegWit.

This blocking may or may not be intentional.

We ask all miners to upgrade to v13.01. Binaries for Win, MAC and Linux are available on our main site: https://www.artbyte.me/get-started/

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:58:26 PM

I can't imagine that someone is intentionally blocking the segwit activation. What would be the benefit?
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:16:18 PM

If the miners are insisting to use the same blockchain without going with segwit than the only way remains is to fork the chain and force it through segwit.
serian

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:00:49 PM

Bad move from miners. What motivation do they have?

RichardBTC

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:09:03 PM

Maybe miners are showing that they have the power to dictate what happens and not the general public? Im just speculating but like you say why wouldnt miners want to upgrade on purpose to stop segwit from happening? Or maybe they are opposing it for another reason like they want to remain on the good old blockchain?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
SL125

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:59:07 PM

I was reading an article by the VTC dev. He said at one point someone was spending 30 BTC a day buying hash to stop their segwit upgrade.

Evidently they finally gave up as VTC now has segwit. I will probably be the same on ABY.
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:54:14 PM

Buy a few antminer L3+ for the official pool and you will get more blocks solved on the upgraded code. Or rent some hash power temporarily to get over the hump... If you buy hardware, I'd be happy to host it at my house! Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: