Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:35:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I bought 3 account, they are locked  (Read 1140 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:21:46 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 04:05:59 PM by LoyceV

I think i bought hacked account (i didnt know this) ,  the real owner lock the account, can you disable this function please ? because we cant buy account  because of this !
Analogy: Please tear down prisons, as they keep hard working thiefs from earning money stealing from people.

This is actually really great for people who don't like account sales since now it makes the whole trading part of it take a 14-day period (since any account-sale escrow would have to wait until the link for email change expires).
I don't get it, and don't dare to test it: how exactly does this work? Does your account get locked if you change your email address twice within 14 days?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:49:20 PM

All of those accounts were probably hacked then, when you buy an account online no matter what website you run the risk of the original owner taking back control. Just do it the old fashioned way and you'll make friends, learn a lot and probably find some good opportunities. As someone who had their account hacked 5 weeks ago and getting it back through dumb luck, I am glad this new security feature has been added, it will slow down hackers selling stolen accounts.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:57:59 PM

Great, new security feature is working well Smiley Now we can sleep better.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. Thanks theymos for doing something to disincentivise people from buying forum accounts.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
raysa

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:09:55 PM

That's the risk of buying an account, I guess nobody will be willing to help solve your problem.
yes it's, but if i buy an account with asking for sign from staked message/ask the private key, also the associated email  on the account it would be okay
and @OP if you can't sign message you can get back the account.

KEEP STRONG BRO, MESKI BUKAN SEDARAH TAPI KITA TETAP SAUDARA
#Duka Palu, Duka Indonesia
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:47:43 PM

I think i bought hacked account (i didnt know this) ,  the real owner lock the account, can you disable this function please ? because we cant buy account  because of this !
Analogy: Please tear down prisons, as they keep hard working thiefs from earning money stealing from people.

This is actually really great for people who don't like account sales since now it makes the whole trading part of it take a 14-day period (since any account-sale escrow would have to wait until the link for email change expires).
I don't get it, and don't dare to test it: how exactly does this work? Does your account get locked if you change your email address twice within 14 days?

No, the owner gets a notification, when email or password is changed. He gets a link to lock the account and can do that within 14 days.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:52:55 AM

This is great news - keep up the good work mods. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:45:03 PM

Though allowed, but account sales are not encouraged in this forum. So if you bought those accounts and they got blocked, no mods are gonna help you unblock them. You can only request for something like this if the account is yours but not a bought one.

the owner gets a notification, when email or password is changed. He gets a link to lock the account and can do that within 14 days.

Oh, that is a nice feature actually, but i still can't understand how the accounts OP bought got blocked if that is how it works. The seller would not lock the accounts if he already sold them. And if he is trying to scam the buyer, what will be the case if the owner locks the account? Will he be able to access it back then?
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 01:29:48 PM

Oh, that is a nice feature actually, but i still can't understand how the accounts OP bought got blocked if that is how it works. The seller would not lock the accounts if he already sold them.
1. Seller sells a hacked account.
2. Buyer gets the account, and changes email/password so seller can't access it anymore.
3. Bitcointalk sends an email with link to lock it to the original owner.
4. Original owner locks the account.

(5. Buyer opens thread to complain)
(6. Seller hacks the next account and continues his "business")

Topkek

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:23:06 PM

Oh, that is a nice feature actually, but i still can't understand how the accounts OP bought got blocked if that is how it works. The seller would not lock the accounts if he already sold them.
1. Seller sells a hacked account.
2. Buyer gets the account, and changes email/password so seller can't access it anymore.
3. Bitcointalk sends an email with link to lock it to the original owner.
4. Original owner locks the account.

(5. Buyer opens thread to complain)
(6. Seller hacks the next account and continues his "business")
Cool shit. Everyone wins in the end.
Philippines

Activity: 261
Merit: 5

https://www.doh.gov.ph/covid-19/case-tracker

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:12:10 PM

Hello, yesterday i bought 3  account, 2 of them get locked few hours later when i changed the mail, the 3rd account get locked 1 day after

Well I guess its better not to buy accounts then  Wink
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:33:00 PM

can you disable this function please ? because we cant buy account  because of this !

Lol, what a brave guy. I hope admin will listen to your request and will disable the newly launched security feature. Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
kenkoy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:36:49 AM

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.

I found this on the pinned post forum rules here in meta section. I think this guy is one of the users have confused with the forum rules.  he believes selling accounts is fine,  pretending he doesnt know hacked accounts.  We are not born yeaterday.  Once the account is for sale,  it is highly hacked account.  I hope mods will revise this forum rules that account sales is completely forbidden.  just my 2 scents.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:24:43 AM

Account buying and selling are actually legal in this forum. But there are these cases of selling accounts that were hacked, or sometimes the seller itself is really doing malicious activities like selling his or her account then locking it up after. But I read something about Bitcointalk account estimater which can help buyers in the future to also see if the account is legit. But there must be another development that can have safe transactions of accounts. Maybe something that could determine whether the account is hacked or not
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: