Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Split Bitcoin Gold From Bitcoin Using Electrum Wallet?  (Read 301 times)
Bitpapio (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:41:36 PM

I have my Bitcoins stored in an Electrum wallet.

Please provide a straightforward method for splitting the Bitcoin Gold coins from my Electrum wallet and sending to an exchange.

Thanks!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
llama_rider

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

You're going to have to wait a bit until the Bitcoin Gold network is operational.  Right now, there is no method for splitting that has been tested and validated.  As for exchanges, we will see in the coming weeks which, if any, exchanges decide to support Bitcoin Gold.  I personally would not be surprised if Bitcoin Gold is a complete flop with negligible market value and no support on major exchanges.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:57:24 PM

I have my Bitcoins stored in an Electrum wallet.

Please provide a straightforward method for splitting the Bitcoin Gold coins from my Electrum wallet and sending to an exchange.

Thanks!

Right now Electrum wallet is not even listed in bitcoin gold supported wallets, so it's hard to know if you will be able to use it to claim your bgold or not. Coinomi is though, and their system to claim the bcash was quite easy, so it will probably be the same with this new alt. I also saw in this article that Bittrex will take a snapshot and will give it's users bgold, but they don't say if you will be able to exchange it or not.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-issues-official-statement-about-bitcoin-gold-warns-users

I will wait for a while before I claim them. I would like to receive the free cash, but I wont risk my BTC to do it.
JKWong

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:48:50 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 11:10:36 PM by JKWong

I tried using coinomis guide here:
https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000013719-how-to-get-bitcoin-cash-from-many-wallet-software-services-with-coinomi

but when I use that mnemonic code converter it doesnt give me the specific addresses that held my bitcoin and should have my BTG, it derives I think an infinite ammount of addresses but I can't search through them...

I had the BTC in my mycelium android wallet, I even tried to just restore that in the coinomi android wallet but still it shows 0 BTG

:/

EDIT: when importing my BIP39 12 word mnemonic seed from Mycelium into coinomi (after fresh install > restore wallet) I also inputed my BIP39 passphrase from mycelium and that is why it didnt work.

https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-claim-bitcoin-gold-btg-guide/

follow this guide (don't forget step 0) exactly and it will work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: