Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:49:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: Amsterdam Vendors  (Read 1915 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:14:01 AM

Any food, beverage and snack vendors in Amsterdam who would like to service the Bitcoin convention in September, please contact so arrangements can be made! Thanks!

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:20:06 AM

Oh an excuse to go to the 'dam and get baked  Tongue

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:22:48 AM

Oh an excuse to go to the 'dam and get baked  Tongue

Are you a citizen of Amsterdam? If not, good luck with that.  Smiley

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:31:19 AM

Oh an excuse to go to the 'dam and get baked  Tongue

Are you a citizen of Amsterdam? If not, good luck with that.  Smiley

You are mistaken, the coffeshops in Amsterdam are open to tourists right now. They never stopped and will sell to tourists for the near future as the mayor is very much against the weedpass, the south of the country is different story however, but the general concensus is the weedpass is another failed system and it is slowly being scrapped.

So yes you can go and get baked, just remember to bring your passport for ID (to prove your age not citizenship, and most shops will ask even if you have grey hair).

If it's not illegal (Wikipedia is telling a confusing and slightly different story) there, I would expect someone will want to have a SilkRoad booth at the convention.  Cheesy

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:39:33 AM

If it's not illegal (Wikipedia is telling a confusing and slightly different story) there, I would expect someone will want to have a SilkRoad booth at the convention.  Cheesy

Well, weed is gedoodg, that means it's legal but not legal. There are very strict laws about how much/where you can possess and smoking in public is illegal. You can also only buy from licensed coffeeshops on licensed premises so the booth wouldn't be able to sell anything. There is a coffeeshop on every street though so no need to panic.

I'll try not to panic.  Wink

Moe says quite a lot of local shops accept bitcoin for merchandise. Do you know of any I can get in contact with?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:45:07 AM

I'll try not to panic.  Wink

Moe says quite a lot of local shops accept bitcoin for merchandise. Do you know of any I can get in contact with?

I've been living in the center of AMS for a while now and have not found any coffeeshops, normal shops or any  local businesses that accepts BTC and I've been looking HARD. I've met a lot of bitcoiner's though.

I'll try to get a list from Moe and post it here then. Smiley

Edit: Wtf, I have you on Skype and didn't even realize it. Sign in you goof!

inge

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:33:07 AM

If it's not illegal (Wikipedia is telling a confusing and slightly different story) there, I would expect someone will want to have a SilkRoad booth at the convention.  Cheesy

Well, weed is gedoodg, that means it's legal but not legal. There are very strict laws about how much/where you can possess and smoking in public is illegal. You can also only buy from licensed coffeeshops on licensed premises so the booth wouldn't be able to sell anything. There is a coffeeshop on every street though so no need to panic.

The police rarely enforce the laws however, the cannabis cup that runs every year has booths that sell weed and has not gotten into trouble over it.

Lol, I really don't know how “happy” I have to be with this thread....I spend a couple of hours writing on the Happy*Coins web blog about the “well developed dutch financial ecosystem”  or the dutch “hi-tech entrepreneurs”....thank you... Smiley

10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:53:48 PM

ah there's a dutch SR vendor that ships to your hotel  Smiley

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:24:24 AM

I'll try not to panic.  Wink

I've been living in the center of AMS for a while now and have not found any coffeeshops, normal shops or any  local businesses that accepts BTC and I've been looking HARD. I've met a lot of bitcoiner's though.

yeah i have never seen any either....... I have an old ducth friend who actually asks people like his butcher, baker and Barbour if they will take bitcoin from him...... at first they didn't take any notice he said, but after the media hype some started to ask questions when they next saw him.

I was mean to go to Berlin at the start of the month, which would have been cool as there are business's there which take BTC, but sadly i never made it
10c

Activity: 658

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:14:22 AM

I actually do the same. Even on Marktplaats buys. Got lucky a few times too. Even had to install and explain how it works Smiley
Got the nail artist of my wife to accept coins for doing her nails. Next time she's accepting coin

Tjopper

Activity: 146

Co-Founder @ Blocktrail

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

I think coffeeshop owners won't allow Bitcoins. They just take cash, because coffeeshop are not allowed but "gedoogd". Most coffeeshops want to stay of the radar because our idiot goverment is making it harder for coffeeshops now days.

Only the provinces of Limburg and Noord-Brabant are currently not allowed to sell to tourists.  

Blocktrail Bitcoin Platform: Wallet - API - Explorer
www.blocktrail.com
www.twitter.com/JopHartog
whydifficult

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 08:15:05 PM

I've been living in the center of AMS for a while now and have not found any coffeeshops, normal shops or any  local businesses that accepts BTC and I've been looking HARD. I've met a lot of bitcoiner's though.

Yep same here. I am interested in that list of local shops that do support it.

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:24:03 PM

I've been living in the center of AMS for a while now and have not found any coffeeshops, normal shops or any  local businesses that accepts BTC and I've been looking HARD. I've met a lot of bitcoiner's though.

Yep same here. I am interested in that list of local shops that do support it.

AFAIK the only pub in the Netherlands that accepts Bitcoin is De Waag in Delft. That's a bit out of the way of course but if you're in the Netherlands for a few days it's a nice excuse to visit Delft which is a lovely historical town.

SimonBelmond

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:23:36 PM

Can one of you Amsterdamians please convince his aunt/uncle or so to accept Bitcoins at one of those, can't walk past without buying, waffles etc. sellers. I love those.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:32:28 PM

I'll talk to a couple shops this weekend. I know some cafes who will accept bitcoin.

Also, for all dutchies, don't be shy. Next time you're ordering a coffee or weed ask them if they've heard of bitcoin!

Moe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: