Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:02:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the procedure to be followed to impor Altminers to India - Legal  (Read 179 times)
webkuteer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:18:52 PM

Dear friends

I am from india,

I am planning to import 2 altminers from US. Can anyone guide me the legal procedure involved to import the altminer to india.

What will be the import duty tax?

thanks in advance

Srinivas
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:01:28 PM

From what I've seen, Bitmain ships the Antminers using DHL, which is a courier company.
Assuming that the Antminers fall under the 'Electronics' category during customs declaration, you'll have to pay a customs duty fee of 28.852% of the total value of both Antminers combined.
In addition to that, DHL (or any courier company such as FedEx, UPS) will charge you extra fees for the customs duty declaration, those vary by country but trust me they're nothing good.

You should at least be prepared to pay for the price of 3 of them.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:38:54 PM

Dear friends

I am from india,

I am planning to import 2 altminers from US. Can anyone guide me the legal procedure involved to import the altminer to india.

What will be the import duty tax?

thanks in advance

Srinivas

Hmm, im sure there are alot of threads regarding importation of bitcoin miners into india. I would suggest you find out more or ask your customs office before making this purchase.
Here is a thread that you can read through,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2285987.0

Bitmain stopped importing hardware to india, im sure theres a reason for this.
So lets hope your U.S seller knows how he will be shipping your hardware.
So goodluck, hope everything works out for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: