Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:54:39 AM

@BCX,

I've been here the entire time.

Look at my post count and look at the front stats page.

Numbers don't lie that I've been around.

Dude, perhaps if you actually apologized publicly for your behavior some of us would be inclined to forgive and forget the past.

To date I really haven't seen such a thing.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:56:54 AM

I remember Maddox's attempt to crawfish his way out of getting doxxed (MADDOXXED!) by claiming it was some guy who had stalked him for years LOLOL That was comedy.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:58:50 AM

I remember Maddox's attempt to crawfish his way out of getting doxxed (MADDOXXED!) by claiming it was some guy who had stalked him for years LOLOL That was comedy.

Who could forget.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:06:27 AM

I did apologize several times I had the wrong execution of the right idea, but the "attack" did work great in rallying LTC miners and getting some much needed work done in a hurry. Now to be very clear, Coblee did not take part in this other than simply knowing it was a bluff.

All I did was post an opinion and I still think that FTC is not out of the woods yet and this may spill over to LTC.

That's all I am saying.

Yeah, I remember that, and it sounds plausible enough. You're still a dick though, but you're OG so I can roll it. And I think your theory re:FTC is kind of weak. IMHO it's being orchestrated by the same people who threw a hissy fit when NVC debuted -- but now they have some hashing power.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:09:02 AM

Who could forget.  Cheesy

Yeah - I was around then as well and remember him having to crawl off and hide after pretending to be a female that was being stalked AND also pretending to be someone who had suffered identity theft from the stalker.  Turned out all were him of course - and there was no female OR stalker OR identity theft.  Just one delusional attention-seeker.

Until then he'd been a huge attention whore - claiming or implying responsibility for anything that happened but always AFTER the event.  The one time he claimed in advance it, of course, never happened.
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:15:33 AM

+1 As well, if needed, there are many more GH/sec, pointed at other Alt coins right now, that, I'm sure, most miners would divert in a heart beat, to protect LTC. Afterall, LTC falls, they all fall...

I don't understand what you mean, LTC is not THE important coin, BTC is. If LTC failed the other coins would go on.

BTC, is pretty much impossible to 51% attack. Would take too much $$, to attack it in the first place, and to keep 51% up for any length of time, would cost even more $$
LTC, is the strongest Alt coin, with the most support. It is THE alt coin. If LTC fell, it wouldn't effect BTC at all, but it would kill every Alt coin below it. If LTC could be taken down so easily, with such a large global hashrate, what hope do the smaller coins have? Who would trust them?

with bitcoin thay would be beter off hijacking some of the big mining farms im sure you will find that 50% of te bitcoin network is less than 250 farms it dosent take to much to hack a bunch of unprotected computers

Yeah, I'm not sure you fully understand the hashing power of BTC...It's like 85 TH/s...With a "T", with more and more being added each day...An attacker would have to match that, and beat it by an extra 1%...And then, he'd have to increase his hashing power, each day, to maintain the attack...We are talking millions of dollars here...
market cap of bitcoin= 1 trillion plua dillars, seemsworth it

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
crazynoggin

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:26:20 AM

Seems like a government would have no problem attacking a cryptocoin then.

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
lazydna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:28:05 AM

+1 As well, if needed, there are many more GH/sec, pointed at other Alt coins right now, that, I'm sure, most miners would divert in a heart beat, to protect LTC. Afterall, LTC falls, they all fall...

I don't understand what you mean, LTC is not THE important coin, BTC is. If LTC failed the other coins would go on.

BTC, is pretty much impossible to 51% attack. Would take too much $$, to attack it in the first place, and to keep 51% up for any length of time, would cost even more $$
LTC, is the strongest Alt coin, with the most support. It is THE alt coin. If LTC fell, it wouldn't effect BTC at all, but it would kill every Alt coin below it. If LTC could be taken down so easily, with such a large global hashrate, what hope do the smaller coins have? Who would trust them?

with bitcoin thay would be beter off hijacking some of the big mining farms im sure you will find that 50% of te bitcoin network is less than 250 farms it dosent take to much to hack a bunch of unprotected computers

Yeah, I'm not sure you fully understand the hashing power of BTC...It's like 85 TH/s...With a "T", with more and more being added each day...An attacker would have to match that, and beat it by an extra 1%...And then, he'd have to increase his hashing power, each day, to maintain the attack...We are talking millions of dollars here...
market cap of bitcoin= 1 trillion plua dillars, seemsworth it

uh, you have 3 extra zero's in that you ought to remove.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:44:21 AM

Seems like a government would have no problem attacking a cryptocoin then.

I've wondered about this myself. It's "safe" because it would require 51% of the hash rate to do anything, but I'd think a company like Microsoft/Apple/etc. would have the power to do that within weeks, with hardware that would blow our top ASIC's out of the water.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:02:02 AM

So FTC has already been 51%ed? Because I saw people complaining about the FTC deposit to BTCE has not been confirmed even after 24 hrs.

(my theory):
BTC-E has been trading on the old blockchain all day because they didn't update their FTC client (because nobody told them to), they probably have done a bunch of transactions and are now fucked and trying to figure a way out of it.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:07:38 AM

So FTC has already been 51%ed? Because I saw people complaining about the FTC deposit to BTCE has not been confirmed even after 24 hrs.

(my theory):
BTC-E has been trading on the old blockchain all day because they didn't update their FTC client (because nobody told them to), they probably have done a bunch of transactions and are now fucked and trying to figure a way out of it.

How can we tell if a site is on the new blockchain yet? Ex. if we want to make a transfer to somewhere, do we have to contact the site owners before we do it?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:18:41 AM

(my theory):

How can we tell if a site is on the new blockchain yet? Ex. if we want to make a transfer to somewhere, do we have to contact the site owners before we do it?

There's no way to tell, as far as I know.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:24:34 AM

(my theory):

There's no way to tell, as far as I know.

Alright, thanks! They should have set up some type of port that's open or something that when you ping it tells the version. Sucks that some sites take days to respond and waiting it out can be a hassle.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:29:40 AM

(my theory):

The client update didn't change the blockchain, all it did was add some checkpoints.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:30:45 AM

(my theory):

The client update didn't change the blockchain, all it did was add some checkpoints.

Does this mean that any new transfers should go through without any issues? I thought the checkpoints were there because there was a fork and people were following the wrong path.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: