Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:37:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Traders vs miners  (Read 512 times)
Hex01 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:08:27 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 11:22:17 AM by Hex01

Traders need volatility and miners need stability. Traders will not hesitate to destroy bitcoins rate, while miners revenues depends on stable bitcoins. I'm miner, so it was really depressing to see btc rate going down recently, especially with difficulty going up and amount of mined bitcoins going in opposite direction.
SeanArce

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:27:43 AM

Bitcoin isn't really an accepted form of currency. By accepted, I mean believe that it's legitimate. It's going to take time. Try not to forget what money really is. It's the flow of goods and services. When the quantity of people that use it goes up, the economy will improve be. I'd rather have a volatile currency than hyperinflation which puts the future generations in debt

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:31:27 AM

If you want to improve the stability, get more places to accept Bitcoin, and use more bitcoin at places that do accept it.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Hex01 (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:00:09 AM

thanks for your inputs, but that  kind of theoretic. as of me, I spent bitcoins much more, then I spent flat money to pay for living.

more I think about it more depressing it looks, it seems that it is not a miners who make money, but traders who manipulate market.

Where in this equation falling goods hard to see in near future at least.

Mostly it is just mental things, if you can control and fix your attitude, then miner can be a trader too. Or miner can hire a trader. At current situation miners is just like piggy bank for traders.
Haro

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:32:52 AM

Bitcoin is young. I'm afraid that volatility will be quite common in the short run...Anyway, stability is not just good for miners, but for merchants in general.
SeanArce

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:34:54 AM

When bitcoin gains more common legitimacy, which it will inevitably will, we will see more stability. Also, don't forget what money actually is

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
acne

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:35:45 PM

Traders vs miners.. Id go with traders
abdada

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:41:50 PM

All my retail and service businesses now accept bitcoin for payment.  We even have a Bitcoin sticker next to our Visa/MC sticker on the front doors.

I don't redeem my bitcoin income for USD ever.  I either hold it, or I use it to buy from others that sell via Bitcoin.  I figure that's the most I can do to keep demand high and volatility low.

I talked with some other localish business owners about starting a new movement/motto in regards to showing people that you're dedicated to Bitcoin, not just dedicated to income. More details to come, but I think it could help volatility.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: