Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miami Homeowner Accepts Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash for $6.5 Million Mansion  (Read 340 times)
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:20:57 PM

Miami Homeowner Accepts Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash for $6.5 Million Mansion

According to the Miami New Times, an early bitcoin investor and a firm believer in the new economy, Mike Komaransky, recently decided to put his seven-bedroom, 9,452 square-foot mansion near Coral Gables for sale. It has a chef's kitchen, a summer kitchen, a basketball court and a pool. The asking price is little under $6.5 million, and bitcoin is accepted.

Mike Komaransky reportedly supported every new retailer that accepted bitcoin a few years ago, just to signal confidence in the cryptocurrency. So much so, that he claims to have spent a lot of money in today's terms. He stated:

"I bought a bunch of stupid T-shirts and a sushi key ring that probably ended up costing like $50,000 worth of Bitcoin."

Komaransky bought the mansion back in 2014 and offered to pay for it with bitcoin. The previous owner didn't accept his offer but, now that Komaransky is putting it back on the market, he decided to give buyers the option to pay for it with bitcoin or bitcoin cash. He stated:

"I want to show people that real-world goods and services are payable in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash."

Moreover, he added that he knows these large investments in bitcoin are good protection against inflation, especially for people living in South America. According to him, it's an interesting use of protection against inflation, as he predicts cryptocurrencies will be more popular in Latin America. Komaransky is currently "semi-retired" in France with his family, but plans to eventually return to Miami where he used the property as a vacation home.

Read more and click the links at https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/miami-homeowner-accepts-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash-6-5-million-mansion/.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chris314

Activity: 672
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:33:06 PM

This shows bitcoin is more and more used as a currency, what he's made for at the first place.
6,5 M$ is a little more than 1000btc, maybe some early adopters or big investors can afford it, not me however.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in
free BTC every hour multiply hi-lo weekly lottery WIN a Lamborghini 30,000 usd contest BET on various events! 4% APR interest
★★★ 50% of my referral earnings back to you each week ★★★
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:26:26 PM

Most mansions that are priced @ $6.5 million only cost $200,000 to $500,000 to build.

There are big profit margins in the real estate industry. A person could own that same mansion by paying $20,000 for an affordable plot of land and another $100,000 - $200,000 for the actual mansion to be built.

Those high priced mansions are extremely overpriced. Its like buying a desktop mac where you pay an additional $100 to $200 for the plastic case. There's no way a mansion should cost that much unless its on prime real estate on a beach or in an area that is in very high demand.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:13:56 PM

I have seen the article and the price of it is insane, how can it worth that massive amount of money? that is a huge amount, maybe building it could only cost you 1 million max, it is not bigger enough like any other mansion who is below that price.
I dont want to be agressive, but with that money you can build a giant flat in a lot of countries with more than 20 buildings, maybe with less money than 6,5 million dollars..
But with that money i would retire for my entire life of course.  Roll Eyes
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:17:01 PM

Stories like these make me cringe; not because I don't like seeing bitcoin used as a
currency (I do), but because we're entering a sort of mania phase here.  Don't you
think stuff like this happens in bubbles?  This is bubbly behavior!

He'd better hope bitcoin doesn't crash back down to $300, which it could.  Not saying
the probability is high, but hopefully he remembers 2013 and the Mt. Gox disaster.
Anything can happen.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:22:18 PM

If I can recall, I have seen someone that's selling his mansion too for bitcoin. But now this is something with a twist, really with bitcoin cash. BCH is quite one of the preferred hard forked coin of bitcoin but this is really risky for that guy. He's actually gambling his mansion for bitcoin, why he would not just sell it for cash only. Volatility of crypto's are real, well I'm just worried to the seller though it's not my property.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:44:05 PM

I can understand his enthusiasm for crypto currency but he is ready to accept bitcoin cash for his mansion is what surprised me,there is nothing certain about that coin other than it is a spin off coin from the bitcoin blockchain and trusting that and accepting that is a big risk in my opinion,who knows what the future holds for BCH but accepting bitcoin is a bold move,but i don't think anyone has that kind of coins will be willing to spend everything on a mansion.
ibrohim

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:08:07 AM

it means that bitcoin is more accepted by many people as currency. the more bitcoin is spread and famous, the easier we can do transactions around us or even over the world.
Orangina

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:19:13 AM

I'm fully comfortable that he is accepting bitcoin sounds like a wise decision even though that's a lot of money.
but accepting Bitcoin cash doesn't make sense because it's future for now is unclear.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:30:32 AM

I salute to sir Komaransky! Smiley He is so brave enough to sell his own mansion that costs millions of dollars into cryptocurency — an unstable currency! I admire admire him for having the guts to take risks because if I'm in his position, I will definitely sell it for fiat money and get only a partial of it to invest in bitcoins.

This person is a good example for the future of bitcoins. If all people has a kind of thinking like Mr. Komaransky, I'm sure that bitcoins will overpower fiat. Smiley

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:55:23 AM

Well although only millionaires will be able to afford this mansion this is one step for us crypto currency enthusiast. Someone accepted bitcoin and definetely someone will follow  until in the future it will be just the norm. More and more people will realize the power of bitcoin and maybe next time car dealers will accept bitcoin as a form of payment.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:32:22 AM

I like this article, it shows me that bitcoin is more acceptable now.
I am happy if bitcoin can spread wider.
Anyway Its huge money. Its not for me.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:43:57 AM

Good for him, he is a brave man. Such stories make me happy. The more we see them, the more cryptocurrencies recieve publicity.I honestly this should have been happening a long time ago. We need cryptocurrency adoption, and for it to happen we need such transactions to be an everyday thing.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:15:17 AM

This is great for him because he have bitcoin right now where he can keep for a long time to get a chance that it can be doubled in value in the next at least 5 years because bitcoin is still progressing and it is slowly getting to the top and once bitcoin will be maximized by the people around the world then the price of bitcoin will be unstoppable and that is the time where he will earn money, a lot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: