Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AVALON June, 10th UPDATE  (Read 1770 times)
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:36:40 AM

And here we go:

Not quiet ready yet, but since we did promise an update over the weekend, here's a sneak peak of the exciting two weeks that will follow.

For those who did not see Yifu Guo's panel at the conference can check it out below
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc | http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD237oF7cCo

Let's get started.

First, there will be no power supply cable included in the box, you will have to acquire you own, it is an standard ATX power cable, get the socket for your country, we did this to save time allowing all the packaging of the Avalons to be uniform.

To summarize and recap the talk at the conference:

Scaling from few hundred units that we had a few month to prepare for into a few thousand units in less than a month have proven difficult, we must admit that we have bite off more than we can chew and suffering from "third-party dates", which are ever-changing. We are playing catch up and expect to soon see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Facts:

New SMT line is now fully operational as of this weekend.
New shipping channel secured and tested.
Sample chips has began shipping.
Majority of all the parts have arrived and ready,
which also means we finally will have time to go over tickets, and send out those trade-in payment emails.

What you can expect in the next newsletter should consist of the following:

photo tour of the new Avalon factory,
the operating crew, which have doubled in size, assembling.
piles and piles of packaged Avalons ready to ship.

Sit tight, it won't be long now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:52:25 AM

Don't see any useful information for all the people waiting for their machines.
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:59:46 AM

I don't understand how they can justify 4 months of no response to Feb 2-3 Batch #2 customers;
I don't understand how they can justify shipping miners to those who paid later and with less bitcoins first;
I don't understand how they can justify scaling production up and shipping standalone chips by the thousands to businesses and large operations, that were ordered months later, completely destroying any chance for small Batch #2 customers to return their investment

They should offer a full BTC refund to any customer not interested in participating in this charade anymore.

If you are having so much trouble getting your parts, relying on third parties, providing customer service, and securing shipping channels, just give us our money back and unburden yourselves. Save us all this trouble and release us from this waiting hell where we see our investment becoming more and more worthless by the day while you make excuses.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
andrewsg

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:44:30 AM

I don't understand how they can justify 4 months of no response to Feb 2-3 Batch #2 customers;
I don't understand how they can justify shipping miners to those who paid later and with less bitcoins first;
I don't understand how they can justify scaling production up and shipping standalone chips by the thousands to businesses and large operations, that were ordered months later, completely destroying any chance for small Batch #2 customers to return their investment

They should offer a full BTC refund to any customer not interested in participating in this charade anymore.

If you are having so much trouble getting your parts, relying on third parties, providing customer service, and securing shipping channels, just give us our money back and unburden yourselves. Save us all this trouble and release us from this waiting hell where we see our investment becoming more and more worthless by the day while you make excuses.

I'm not here to justify their customer service or business practices, but rest assured that any customer not interested in this anymore could EASILY offload his preorder at a profit.
Also, they have not shipped chips "by the thousands" yet (just samples) and in all likelyhood all batch #2 customers will still make a reasonable ROI.

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
Elokane

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 10:52:35 AM

I'm not here to justify their customer service or business practices, but rest assured that any customer not interested in this anymore could EASILY offload his preorder at a profit.
Also, they have not shipped chips "by the thousands" yet (just samples) and in all likelyhood all batch #2 customers will still make a reasonable ROI.

1500 Batch 2-3 Avalons represent ~100TH alone. Even assuming the most optimistic delivery time of 2 weeks from now, by the time it arrives and is set up, each machine will only produce about 1BTC/day. With more of the Avalon chips being shipped and the ASIC world exploding in general (even BFL is shipping), it's not unlikely that the miner will never generate the 75BTC required to pay for itself.

And this is assuming it even ships within this timeframe. My order isn't even listed on their store, more than 4 months after paying for it.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:03:11 AM

So batch#3 customer should go to hell?
andrewsg

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:07:14 AM

1500 Batch 2-3 Avalons represent ~100TH alone. Even assuming the most optimistic delivery time of 2 weeks from now, by the time it arrives and is set up, each machine will only produce about 1BTC/day. With more of the Avalon chips being shipped and the ASIC world exploding in general (even BFL is shipping), it's not unlikely that the miner will never generate the 75BTC required to pay for itself.

And this is assuming it even ships within this timeframe. My order isn't even listed on their store, more than 4 months after paying for it.

Pretty sure that there are only 1200 batch 2&3 avalons. It is extremely unlikely that an Avalon delivered before the end of this month will not make its money back. But if you have any doubts, put it on the marketplace, use escrow, profit!

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
andrewsg

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:11:21 AM

So batch#3 customer should go to hell?

Please calm down, I'm not Avalon customer service and I never suggested where batch #3 customers should go. Smiley  Even if chips ship before batch 3, (which is speculation) it will take some time for a significant amount of those chips to start mining. If you do not believe your batch #3 will make its money back, sell the preorder.

pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:16:35 AM

Avalons hash at 71Gh/s.  Are you saying that 2 weeks from now the difficulty will be 35 million?  Because that's what it would have to be in order to only produce 1 BTC a day.
Elokane

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:18:19 AM

With all of batch 2 and 3 deployed and with the current trend, it will likely be so in a month, yes.

<br>
pikeadz

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:20:25 AM

With all of batch 2 and 3 deployed and with the current trend, it will likely be so in a month, yes.

I think it will be a couple months or more before that happens.  Avalons by themselves won't raise it up that high, and the chips won't start hashing on their own overnight.  The same delays that Avalon faced will be faced by all the new fly-by-night manufacturers as well. 
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:34:58 AM

Batch #2 customers will have a decent ROI.
Batch #3 will have minimum ROI (if any), but I'm pretty sure they will break-even after some months.

In any case, unless somebody has a specific problems with their units (for example, they are never delivered), none of the Avalon batches will incur in losses IMO. At least I'm not worried about my batch #3, I knew this was risky business, because what you guys need to understand is that the company that sells you on the spot money-printing machines that guarantee you ROI does not exist.... And that company will NEVER exist.

Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:44:01 AM

I was under the impression that Avalons run at 66 GH.. or am I missing something.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:46:05 AM

Guys, whats the problem? To me this update looks good.

New SMT line is now fully operational as of this weekend.
New shipping channel secured and tested.
Sample chips has began shipping.
Majority of all the parts have arrived and ready,

and

You must be pretty pissed because you don't have a moneyprinter in hands right now, hu? This is a gamble and there was no guarantee to get your avalon withing any timeframe as I remember (I own a part of a batch3 avalon). So calm down and keep it cool. There will be a good ROI after all. I don't see how batch 3 owners will not make a good roi after all. They claim to produce 50 devices a day with the new production line... We'll see  Smiley

Hai
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:47:08 AM

I was under the impression that Avalons run at 66 GH.. or am I missing something.

You can get them running at 71GH/s overclocking. Anyhow, I don't know why there is people that always use the very maximum hashrate their machine can get when making calculations, etc. it's delusional IMO, wishful thinking, because the machine won't have 100% uptime and everybody knows that.

pikeadz

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:47:17 AM

282mhz is 65.  300mhz (overclocked) you can get 71.  This is what I have seen posted from actual Avalon owners and sellers on this forum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=avalon+71Gh%2Fs&oq=avalon+71Gh%2Fs&aqs=chrome.0.57.5097j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
psjw4450

Activity: 342

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:05:48 PM

And here we go:

What you can expect in the next newsletter should consist of the following:

photo tour of the new Avalon factory,
the operating crew, which have doubled in size, assembling.

Sit tight, it won't be long now.

It seems that avalon puts a newsletter out once a month. I hope that we won't have to wait till the next newsletter for shipping to actually start, which from the last few lines make it sound like at least another month. 
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:28:18 PM

in reality it had been ~40 days since the last newsletter.

Delays are understandable; however they are not good if Avalon takes significant time to communicate with its customers.
Communication should occur every 7-30 days at the very least.

I am glad they have their SMT machines up.  Very good news to hear.

Batch #2 trade-ins ...about time we hear something on this.  IMO the trade-in people should have heard something a very long time ago.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:39:36 PM

Good to finally hear an update. It'll put some fears to rest.

I can understand them being late. Being months late sucks, but guess that's just how it goes. My main solace is that pretty much every ASIC is late, besides the reliable ASICMiner, which bodes well for the investment potential still.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:17:54 PM

If it sounds too good to be true, it is.  Avalon will hold onto their equipment if it is making them more money than selling it.  They hold onto your pre-order money because they want to win at life.  How hard is this to understand..
The only way ANY company will let go of their hardware is if the price is right to do it.  Until difficulty is through the roof, expect the same bullshit every day -- stop acting like this is unusual business.  LOL
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: