Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:50:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why attackers tried so hard to bring FeatherCoin down  (Read 1217 times)
Radacoin (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:03:23 AM

Attackers recently spent a lot of resources (over 500 MH/s !!) to bring FeatherCoin down. And failed. Because FeatherCoin has a determined team that actively develops and maintains the coin. And FeatherCoin has a very strong community support: http://forum.feathercoin.com/

Every other Alt-Coin would be long dead by now if it had to take the beating that FeatherCoin had to take.

The attack that has been unleashed on FeatherCoin would have most probably killed coins like DigiCoin (current network speed only at 650 MH/s) , WorldCoin (current network speed only at 400 MH/s), etc.

For sure it would have killed coins like CHNCoin, where the developer has jumped ship the day he released the coin.

The question remains: Why this enormous efforts to kill FeatherCoin? Who's so afraid of FeatherCoin? You only fight what you fear. You only fight what might threaten you (in the future).

I am 100% sure that FeatherCoin will be a success story. Others obviously think that too. And spend lots of resources trying to kill it.

Price on btc-e is stable, even rising. The market has spoken - the attackers have failed.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:08:09 AM

They most certainly have not, because I am now up-to-date on a bad fork apparently, and my transactions are going nowhere. I can't get them into BTC-e.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:10:49 AM

The question remains: Why this enormous efforts to kill FeatherCoin? Who's so afraid of FeatherCoin? You only fight what you fear. You only fight what might threaten you (in the future).

Probably someone that wants to discredit alt-coins in general. Might have some kind of interest in harming litecoin, or short interest in any of the alts (terracoin, chinacoin, yacoin, etc)

It's not the first attack. I'd point to BBQCoin, for example, or CoiledCoin.

Actually, it's not impossible it was LukeJr's doing this time too.

Anyway, Feathercoin is more uncreative garbage. At least Yacoin uses a new PoW library. Feathercoin is a self-admitted ripoff of Litecoin. It's the Bytecoin for scrypt.

smilez

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:13:14 AM

They don't have any interest to "kill" feathercoin.

They just do it for the money d'oh... Smiley
Radacoin (OP)

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:32:35 AM

Actually, it's not impossible it was LukeJr's doing this time too.

LukeJr is a full on Christian. He would never do such a thing, right  Grin

From the ten commandments:
* You shall not steal.
* You shall not desire your neighbor's house coin.

Chuck Finley

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:42:03 PM

Every other Alt-Coin would be long dead by now if it had to take the beating that FeatherCoin had to take.

Yeah it's a good thing someone cloned litecoin and renamed it feathercoin to give these people something to attack because you're right, a 500 megahash attack on LTC would have rendered it long dead (although had they attacked LTC instead it would have been referred to as a "3% attack" :lol:)

Benny1985

Activity: 391

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:44:36 PM

Is there any way to make sure I'm on the right fork?
mm8000

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:45:44 PM

They most certainly have not, because I am now up-to-date on a bad fork apparently, and my transactions are going nowhere. I can't get them into BTC-e.

Ouch..  Sad
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:47:37 PM

Attackers recently spent a lot of resources (over 500 MH/s !!) to bring FeatherCoin down. And failed. Because FeatherCoin has a determined team that actively develops and maintains the coin. And FeatherCoin has a very strong community support: http://forum.feathercoin.com/

The attack that has been unleashed on FeatherCoin would have most probably killed coins like DigiCoin (current network speed only at 650 MH/s) , WorldCoin (current network speed only at 400 MH/s), etc.

For sure it would have killed coins like CHNCoin, where the developer has jumped ship the day he released the coin.

I am 100% sure that FeatherCoin will be a success story. Others obviously think that too. And spend lots of resources trying to kill it.

Price on btc-e is stable, even rising. The market has spoken - the attackers have failed.

Excellent use of hyperbole, but it borders on cliche, and cliche borders on being annoying. I applaud you on your efforts to support feathercoin, but next time try to provide some real reasons that aren't subject to ones opinion.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 03:23:35 PM

Yeah it's a good thing someone cloned litecoin and renamed it feathercoin to give these people something to attack because you're right, a 500 megahash attack on LTC would have rendered it long dead (although had they attacked LTC instead it would have been referred to as a "3% attack" :lol:)

LOL! OP is a complete retard.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: