June 10, 2013, 09:23:05 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 11:07:32 AM by BitcoinEXpress

delete

smilez

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:32:43 AM

Wonder how much time until FTC is dead at btc-e.
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:40:57 AM

We have lots of orphan blocks created by the attacker. The network is not running two version of the block chain as some people believe. Clients see one chain with a fair few orphan blocks after the attack. Our orphans are a result of an attack no doubt but these things do occur naturally. Some of the faster block chain manage to generate huge orphan chain.

Rolling back would be very hard to achieve and would be incredibly damaging to the coin. There was over 4000BTC volume on Feathercoin at BTC-e. I doubt you could convince them that we need to roll back.

I imagine that the attacker would take great delight watching someone try to rollback a coin after they attacked it and would endeavour to attack it again to make all efforts fruitless. Rolling back is not a practical or sensible solution for this situation.

We are investigating technical solutions that everyone can use. In the short term we are safe guarded by the large hash power coming to Feathercoin. The Feathercoin source code has been updated to include new checkpoint to make sure that none of are subsequent work after the attacks can be challenged. You can get the updated client from the Official Feathercoin website.

Official Feathercoin Website

Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:46:15 AM

We have lots of orphan blocks created by the attacker. The network is not running two version of the block chain as some people believe. Clients see one chain with a fair few orphan blocks after the attack. Our orphans are a result of an attack no doubt but these things do occur naturally. Some of the faster block chain manage to generate huge orphan chain.

Rolling back would be very hard to achieve and would be incredibly damaging to the coin. There was over 4000BTC volume on Feathercoin at BTC-e. I doubt you could convince them that we need to roll back.

I imagine that the attacker would take great delight watching someone try to rollback a coin after they attacked it and would endeavour to attack it again to make all efforts fruitless. Rolling back is not a practical or sensible solution for this situation.

We are investigating technical solutions that everyone can use. In the short term we are safe guarded by the large hash power coming to Feathercoin. The Feathercoin source code has been updated to include new checkpoint to make sure that none of are subsequent work after the attacks can be challenged. You can get the updated client from the Official Feathercoin website.

Official Feathercoin Website

If there are no split forks, how come transactions are 'lost' even after >200 confirmations?

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:48:42 AM

Welcome to my world.

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:59:41 AM

Dear Mr Bushstar.

cryptoexplorer, wemineftc, coinotron - those are on a different chains than BTC-E .

No one got their coins. The chain is still forked or completely fckd.

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
Mogumodz

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:02:11 AM

We have lots of orphan blocks created by the attacker. The network is not running two version of the block chain as some people believe.

That's total BS and you know it. The whole reason you don't want to roll back is because of the volume traded on BTC-e before you decided "hey, this is a real attack". Setting a CP post attack is stupid when it's not a post attack LOL

What you're doing is praying to god that whatever fork BTC-e is on becomes the dominant fork.

The only way the attacker doesn't succeed in killing FTC is if you don't fix it right.

~BCX~

+100000000000

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:08:09 AM

Dear Mr Bushstar.

cryptoexplorer, wemineftc, coinotron - those are on a different chains than BTC-E .

you can add BigVerns fcpoool to that list too.
Mogumodz

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:11:29 AM

*grabs popcorn*

Entimp

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:14:44 AM

FTC isn't 51ed and an updated client is available.
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=1525.0
Boxman90

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:16:08 AM

FTC isn't 51ed and an updated client is available.
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=1525.0

Checkpoints have been added to the client set to after the attacks stopped

SO yes, it was successfully 51%'ed.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
mm8000

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:18:06 AM

*hides in closet*
anderl

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:19:16 AM

You know what else is very damaging to the coin?  Not rolling back.  FTC's reputation is on the line

You see if you allow the attacking chain to persist then the attack wins.  It also sends a message to all other potential attackers that your coin network condones this behavior.  Which means FTC will get attacked again.  FTC will lose hashing power in the future and will be ripe for another attack based on this attack and response I refuse to mine FTC and I'm sure there are others.  Coinchoose has already delisted FTC and I expect that other services will do the same in time.

FTC is broken if you don't fix it then the block chain will have this attack in its history and FTCs future as a potential currency will forever be tarnished.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:19:47 AM

it is ironic when I see people trying to comfort their selves about what is happening!! it is a huge problem, you are just so ignorant, or the new FTC pump made you risk everything for nothing, unbelievable !!!!
anderl

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:22:04 AM

it is ironic when I see people trying to comfort their selves about what is happening!! it is a huge problem, you are just so ignorant, or the new FTC pump made you risk everything for nothing, unbelievable !!!!

it's greed, I'm sure that the developers or the few insiders that hold FTC don't want the chain fixed.
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:27:24 AM

We have lots of orphan blocks created by the attacker. The network is not running two version of the block chain as some people believe.

That's total BS and you know it. The whole reason you don't want to roll back is because of the volume traded on BTC-e before you decided "hey, this is a real attack". Setting a CK post attack is stupid when it's not a post attack LOL

What you're doing is praying to god that whatever fork BTC-e is on becomes the dominant fork and I'm sure that's the one you hard coded into the new client. Screw the rest of the people on the smaller fork huh?

You shouldn't worry about pissing of an exchange and do the right thing. Hard code at the first point of attack and roll back.

Just my .02 ftc and wish you luck.

~BCX~

Are you the infamous BitcoinEXpress that threatened Litecoin with a 51% attack all that time ago and ended up crashing the market? I though you went into hiding.

Anyway yes, undoing all that trade over the last couple of days to spite an attacker would be very damaging. Check the block chain explorer if you want to see the chain that everyone is using, orphans can be viewed there two, you can verify that the orphans are incorporated into the blockchain and are not left running out there. If there were multiple version then miners would not have seen orphan blocks on the pools, they would have showed as genuine on the fork. Fork did not happen, orphans happened. I hope this is clear to you know.

Please keep misinformation to the trollbox. It is a shame to see BitcoinTalk slowly turn into a troll sanctuary Smiley

Dear Mr Bushstar.

I am not sure what BTC-e are doing. I have never been able to make contact with them. They may be suspending their daemons and double checking everything manually before updating. They are a major target and I'm sure they are doing everything they can to safe guard themselves. I would like them to be a bit more upfront about things as we are left guessing.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:58:56 AM

Don't roll back the chain = Feathercoin stuffed.
Do roll back the chain = Feathercoin stuffed.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:01:19 AM

Are you the infamous BitcoinEXpress that threatened Litecoin with a 51% attack all that time ago and ended up crashing the market? I though you went into hiding.

Yes that would be me (which should be apparent I understand 51% attacks) and just like your thinking on there not being two block chains, you're wrong on me going into hiding. For the record I never actually attacked LTC but I did 51% Fairbrix, Tenebrix, Geistgeld 1 and 2, IXC, I0C, Solidcoin 1 and 2. LukeJr nailed Coiledcoin before I could get to it.

I've no time or inclination to "stress test" any chains since early 2012.

You think I crashed the LTC market when it was worth 10 LTC to the penny and BTC was worth was less than $4.00....what market?

Just so you know I had ZERO to do with this but I can see the signs of what's happening.

Roll back is the only way to fix this cluster and you know it.

Would love to see you succeed, I have a huge amount of FTC.

~BCX~

WHo the fuck are you to go around 51% coins....

You are some type of extreme low life that needs to get a girlfriend...

WHy dont u just go fuck yourself... It did seem rather urgent how u wanted to get a roll back so you could bath in your misguided belief of  power in ones deeds ...in reality you are a no nothing punk who could never create anything... all u can do is smash windows and write graffitti on the walls...gee that took sooo much skill !!!

U are pathetic...and also evil ...u must be so happy and have soooo many friends that you resort to this type of behaviour

Good luck lonely boy.... somebody not even a mother could love !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Boxman90

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:05:01 AM

Conspiracy time:

Could it be that BitcoinExpress 51%'ed FTC, got to BTC-e and sold all of his coins?
Could it be that he now wants the rollback, so he essentially can double-spend the coins he already spent at BTC-e again?

I'm not saying anything like that happened, I'm just asking questions. [/cartman]

Boxman90

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:08:59 AM

Still if you roll back, the attacker essentialy gets the chance to spend all his coins once more.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: