Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:49:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTG Hard Fork happening now - share you thought  (Read 737 times)
fxbit (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:22:49 AM

Bitcoin Gold Hard Fork happening right now

https://www.crypto-news.net/bitcoin-gold-btg-hard-fork-countdown-clock/

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:32:52 AM

Stick a fork in it!

That's kinda how I feel.

To get btc gold one has to transfer one's coin onto an exchange, and expose your coins to the associated vulnerabilities.
Fork that, is what I say.
Seems to me it is a scam put out by someone who stands to profit from stirring the pot, creating a confusing mess, very few if anyone really understands.

As a community bitcoin owners shoild be saying "fork you" to these forking shenanigans.

My 2 satoshi's there!
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:37:41 AM

Stick a fork in it!

That's kinda how I feel.

To get btc gold one has to transfer one's coin onto an exchange, and expose your coins to the associated vulnerabilities.
Seems to me it is a scam put out by someone who stands to profit from stirring the pot, creating a confusing mess, very few if anyone really understands.

As a community bitcoin owners shoild be saying "fork you" to these forking shenanigans.

My 2 satoshi's there!

LoL yeah I like the mafia analogy. I think it's interesting that they believe this fork will result in anything but another altcoin.
fxbit (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:43:03 AM

Stick a fork in it!

That's kinda how I feel.

My 2 satoshi's there!

I feel sad really bcos not enough btc in my wallet

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:49:14 AM

Good luck BTG. Honestly I don't know how I feel about this fork. So I have decided to not have a strong opinion about this coin. I have read way to many scary and terrifying things about it. I will wait and see if it will be successful. I am interested though about how much hash power it has, and which mining pool will mine it.
jodoidao

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:54:50 AM

Great marketing campaign for a scam coin which still has no code finished a few hours before it goes live.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:01:10 AM

Stick a fork in it!

That's kinda how I feel.

My 2 satoshi's there!

LoL yeah I like the mafia analogy. I think it's interesting that they believe this fork will result in anything but another altcoin.
: D only generates another altcoin there is no improvement whatsoever in the bitcoin platform and I know what you feel. but many users are enthusiastic with bitcoin gold because it is given for free in accordance with bitcoin balance 1:1.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Yawn85

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:13:07 AM

From the link provided, there is still 8 blocks to be mined until the fork but I heard the fork had already happened? Can anyone clarify? I'm watching the exchange and I can already see the price of bitcoin drop and ethereum raise.
fxbit (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:54:34 AM

btcgpu.org is down? what happen

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:14:48 PM

the best method of claiming these types of fork of bitcoin is to deposit your coins on exchanges and receive the tokens there immediately after the fork. for example this happened about 24 hours ago on Yobit with a nice countdown that they emailed everyone and they even pumped it up to the moon too!

of course that is a trading strategy not good for those who aren't traders or want to risk their coins on exchanges. but it is the most profitable one.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:27:07 PM

the best method of claiming these types of fork of bitcoin is to deposit your coins on exchanges and receive the tokens there immediately after the fork. for example this happened about 24 hours ago on Yobit with a nice countdown that they emailed everyone and they even pumped it up to the moon too!

of course that is a trading strategy not good for those who aren't traders or want to risk their coins on exchanges. but it is the most profitable one.

Yes, I have a bad experience in the last hard fork ( bitcoin cash ). I kept my bitcoin on electrum wallet, and when the hard fork comes,  I could get my bitcoin cash if i'm using a bitcoin cash wallet, and export a bitcoin wallet private key. And After I got my bitcon cash, It's very difficult to transfer it to exchange, thought the exchange still working it's own wallet. And because of that, I can't sell my bitcoin cash in a peak price. I thought I wouldn't do that again for this fork. Better to deposit your bitcoin on exchange, so when you think it reach a peak price, sell it.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

Stick a fork in it!

That's kinda how I feel.

My 2 satoshi's there!

I feel sad really bcos not enough btc in my wallet

If you originally had no or less bitcoins in your wallet that not your mistake. Its a part of life. But if you or anyone  had coins and they sold them thinking fork can result something bad to bitcoins, then it is one mistake, As people will get free BTG to the exact number of bitcoins they have but the process is yet to be streamlined for most of the online exchanges and wallets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: