Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:03:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold schedule Fork  (Read 641 times)
Jating (OP)

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:36:27 AM

Guys,

It is just me or others doesn't have the same anticipation on this fork as compare to Aug. 1?

The forum was full of anticipation on the Bitcoin Cash before, but I don't feel any with the Bitcoin Gold? Previously, I felt that the forum was lively and there's a lot of discussions on Bitcoin Cash before, and almost everyone is updating what's the current situation of the fork and what blocks are we before the fork. But with this Bitcoin Gold, all members just want to get this free coins and dump it hard. And some have even stay late to be part of history.

But why with this fork everyone is not excited?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:19:50 AM

Guys,

It is just me or others doesn't have the same anticipation on this fork as compare to Aug. 1?

The forum was full of anticipation on the Bitcoin Cash before, but I don't feel any with the Bitcoin Gold? Previously, I felt that the forum was lively and there's a lot of discussions on Bitcoin Cash before, and almost everyone is updating what's the current situation of the fork and what blocks are we before the fork. But with this Bitcoin Gold, all members just want to get this free coins and dump it hard. And some have even stay late to be part of history.

Because its doesn't have the support of the community, that's why. People are just for the it just to get their free money. And once they get it, they will just dumped it anyways. Only a few people here really wants to but and hodl bitcoin gold. And they think that they can profit long term hodl but that is not the case. Look at BCH, supposedly having a traction here, but it's not. Only unscrupulous investors are in it, but sadly they are also losing as well. That's why no excitement for bitcoin gold today as well.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:08:16 PM

I have same feeling. On Bitcoin Cash fork there was really huge excitement because it was something new and not experienced for mostly us. But still, mostly people waited for Bitcoin Cash only to dump it ASAP. Now when it's not first and probably not last fork, there is much less excitement. And there is less support for Bitcoin Gold if compare what we had with Bitcoin Cash. BTG don't even have working wallet and it looks not professional.

fxbit

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:10:34 PM

bitcoin gold website is down right now, what happen???

https://www.btcgpu.org/

403 Forbidden

nginx

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N
Shadowz

Activity: 826
Merit: 107

Rento || Global Sharing App

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:19:28 PM

Yeah, many people not support bitcoin gold and there im not find any news about where bitcoin gold will listed

sammrheza

Activity: 448
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:22:46 PM

i believe its already fork , this day its just snapshot for distribution , btg even already mined by some miners lol  Undecided
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:36:43 PM

I have same feeling. On Bitcoin Cash fork there was really huge excitement because it was something new and not experienced for mostly us. But still, mostly people waited for Bitcoin Cash only to dump it ASAP. Now when it's not first and probably not last fork, there is much less excitement. And there is less support for Bitcoin Gold if compare what we had with Bitcoin Cash. BTG don't even have working wallet and it looks not professional.

well, I thought every hard fork only aims to trigger the price of bitcoin to increase from before, this is evidenced by the bitcoin cash hard fork before. although many people talk about it because it has a lot of team support behind it, but still, bitcoin cash continues to sink, while bitcoin prices continue to skyrocket. and bitcoin gold hard fork does'nt even look better than bitcoin cash. I do not know how long this coin can survive.
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:43:44 PM

Because people are already pissed off with forking, its like creating a scam coin. BCH was created to be dumped. But we dont have a choice but to get this free airdrops and sell it. I am holding with alts now, I dont care if I didnt get a free BTG. Lols.

Guys,

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Hamilcar

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:52:37 PM

I don't support those forked altcoins. But even those who don't support it don't refuse free coins specially with high prices like bcc and btg.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:59:48 PM

This coin has been made for speculation. Yes, they will tell us that it is better, faster, cheaper then original bitcoin. But I am pretty sure that it will not even rise as much as bitcoin-cash did. Because at that time people were scared and not really sure about the future of bitcoin. Right now most of holders dosn't really care about new forks. We all know that BTC is the king and this is most important right now.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
kheysha

Merit: 10

Swarm Token Sale begins on September 7th at 16:00

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:10:00 PM

yes right, Hardfork this time not as popular as hardfork BCH a few months ago.
Maybe they took a lesson from Hardfork BCH yesterday that no one can match the BTC.
So they look at BTG as something normal.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:22:35 PM

Yes, they will tell us that it is better, faster, cheaper then original bitcoin.
it won't be faster because it uses the same block time.
it won't be better because it really didn't add anything or change anything meaningful.
it is cheaper as all the rest of the altcoins are cheaper

But I am pretty sure that it will not even rise as much as bitcoin-cash did.
according to charts bitcoin cash went up to 0.224BTC or 914$ by that time. and that was the second pump
bitcoin gold went up to 0.2BTC or nearly 1100$ so BTG has already surpassed BCH once, and this was the initial rise not the pump itself! Grin

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
cng-

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:28:01 PM

Forked on 491407 earlier today.

1:1 with whatever BTC you have.

Currently on the live markets that it is trading at, it is about worth 0.05 - 0.07 BTC.
verifyas

Merit: 10

Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 01:31:19 PM

It is the community speaking bud. Many are hating it.

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
cryptorony

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:35:21 PM

Guys,

I donot know about everyone but i am very excited about this fork and surely i am gonna hold my coins as long as i can for a certain ammout of time for sure.
But the reason for it not be that famous is because the social influential point.Like some of youtubers are completely against it and guessing this to be priced about 25usd or so.
but the truth is its already started trading about 400usd and more.
And in the next year its price will be jump up for sure. 
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:36:14 PM

Guys,

Yeah lot's of people didn't interested in the bitcoin gold maybe they know that it's just free money and doesn't worth it to hold as bitcoin cash. I have seen many people waiting for the fork so that they can convert their bitcoins to their favorite altcoin as we can see bitcoin is dropping currently while altcoins are rising.

I have heard that they didn't even created wallet for bitcoin gold yet. I will get rid of it as soon as I get it so should you.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:54:58 PM

The mere fact that their supposed official announcement website is always down and no one from our community can point us to a correct direction lost a lot of interest from most of us. The hype was just to get the free coins and used it to buy bitcoins or go to altcoins. Personally, I was hype before this fork, however, it's getting nowhere as we are getting closer to the date. Its just free coins, nothing else. Altcoins airdrops are more exciting though, in my opinion. And right, it doesn't get any traction from our community as well.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:03:22 PM

I think it is because most of the users of bitcoin could not care less about the fork or bitcoin gold. It does not even have much support unlike bitcoin cash and bitcoin has already proven that it will continue standing still after the bcc fork. I would not even be surpriced if bitcoin gold will not last for weeks.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:05:56 PM

Guys,

It already happened. It is not new anymore. They know what will happen so how can you get excited with that?
The exciting part here is if there will be a real airdrop like Bitcoin Cash then every bitcoin they saved will be rewarded. But what if there is none? They even sold their altcoins in a price which is not profitable just for this. So I guess it will be a lost for some.
elizabethfund

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:05:28 PM

Hey, what do you think about the future price of BTC GOLD? Is it has any chance to have such a value like BTC (in the next 10 years)?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: