Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox verifying account - problems (from UK)  (Read 2257 times)
candtalan (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:02:52 AM

MTGox now seem to require all accounts to be verified, so even with my small amounts I now have to go through the process, MTGox have been convenient. I am in UK, and the UK driving licence was accepted. A second document was required, related to residency. (I note that the UK Driving Licence includes my address). Most of my life is online, and I do not use medical insurance. Online stuff, including internet, is not repeat not, delivered to my door in the street address!

- Monthly utility bill
- Internet Bill
- Cellphone Bill
- Tax Return document
- Residency Certificate
- Medical insurance bill

I provided a motor insurance renewal request - addressed and delivered to my residence which includes insurance references which are verifiable, but this was refused. Anyone in UK using lots of online accounts (with no addressed paperwork to scan and send) already gone through this process? In UK I do my tax return online too, although I do have a *paper* request for my tax return to be filed. I do not want to use this as it necessarily includes much more information than just my name and address, UK National Insurance identity number for example.

I have a dental bill which is annual (wrong date), I am still thinking.....
Even my TV receive licence is no longer sent  in paper, annually.

Unless I can find something to suit, it looks as if I might have to say goodbye to MTGox.....

Any ideas?
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:20:47 AM

I get all my bills online too but most companies will let you request a paper bill for a fee. I know that Virgin charges £1.50 for a paper phone/internet  bill sent to your address.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:03:42 PM

MTGox now seem to require all accounts to be verified, so even with my small amounts I now have to go through the process, MTGox have been convenient. I am in UK, and the UK driving licence was accepted. A second document was required, related to residency. (I note that the UK Driving Licence includes my address). Most of my life is online, and I do not use medical insurance. Online stuff, including internet, is not repeat not, delivered to my door in the street address!

- Monthly utility bill
- Internet Bill
- Cellphone Bill
- Tax Return document
- Residency Certificate
- Medical insurance bill

I provided a motor insurance renewal request - addressed and delivered to my residence which includes insurance references which are verifiable, but this was refused. Anyone in UK using lots of online accounts (with no addressed paperwork to scan and send) already gone through this process? In UK I do my tax return online too, although I do have a *paper* request for my tax return to be filed. I do not want to use this as it necessarily includes much more information than just my name and address, UK National Insurance identity number for example.

I have a dental bill which is annual (wrong date), I am still thinking.....
Even my TV receive licence is no longer sent  in paper, annually.

Unless I can find something to suit, it looks as if I might have to say goodbye to MTGox.....

Any ideas?

obviously mtgox knows what its checking service prefers, especially what it is allowed to check from foreign countries. so ask them directly.

i still find it strange how most people are afraid to talk to their bank, or even a bitcoin exchange directly....

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:30:36 PM

Since you don't have any utility bills in your name is it because you still live with your parents or you rent a place the only option you have is certificate of residency it's a government issued paper have no idea where in UK you go to get one of those, after you got all you need they verify you in 2 hours. Good luck.

Hodling since 2011.®
candtalan (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:25:03 PM

Since you don't have any utility bills in your name is it because you still live with your parents or you rent a place the only option you have is certificate of residency it's a government issued paper have no idea where in UK you go to get one of those, after you got all you need they verify you in 2 hours. Good luck.
LOL Thanks but I do have my own house, and am more than well matured....  In UK Utilities TV, phone, tax, everything, can be online (for a discount) I even took part in a Utilities online mass auction for a reduced rate facility, lowest bidder. Even my waste disposal bin outside is registered and managed online! Local Government tax is done annually, not good for their 6 month deadline.

However - success! - I did see that they like phone stuff, and I realised my phone and internet account went online less than 6 months ago. This means I have a paper phone bill, my last ever(!) less than 6 months old, and this was accepted.
:-)
I could not have done this in a month or so because of the timeout.
Here's to the future!
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:41:12 AM

This is a big problem for me (Not in UK but elsewhere in Europe). I'm considering getting my MtGox account verified but I get no paper utility bills to my address anymore, and even if I got, none of them would be in English anyway. I would NEED to know that MtGox accepts whatever paper I try to acquire and send them proving my residence, since a notarized translation costs upwards of 100EUR, and I only want to pay it once.

I guess I'm going to have to try and get some binding answer from MtGox before doing anything.

I guess a PDF utility bill (for example electricity bill) with my address on it wouldn't be valid? Or would it?
codesuela

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:15:10 PM

cant you just download your bill online?
i just downloaded my credit card bill + cell phone bill and sent it to them as a pdf straight from the source and got verified a short time after.

also it doesnt have to be english only a latin letter based language or japanese.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: